ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

So what would be time for it? I can adjust it. 

not easy to say how much time for the map  :blink:

fist and 2nd gate are hard for axies if teams are even

20 25 30 35 40 ?

we can try this

• Administrators

So axis is attacking in this map? Well the whole point is to make it 30-35 min map. If it's hard for axis all the time then i can decrease their spawn time. 

• Platinum VIP

Why not just straight 30 minutes from start to finish? 

TBH, if Axis can't capture in 12 minutes and the map ends, I'm cool with that :)

• Administrators

Why not just straight 30 minutes from start to finish? 

TBH, if Axis can't capture in 12 minutes and the map ends, I'm cool with that :)

That would require mapscript changes and i ain't that smart enough anymore. :(

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

You probably for

That would require mapscript changes and i ain't that smart enough anymore. :(

lolz

You probably forgot more than I could ever learn

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to stop by this thread and write a mild novel called, "Ben10 and his opinions"

Before I begin my rant, I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Daredevil and all of his staff and leaders etc, for their continued dedication to the forum and to the servers we are lucky to still play on, so before I begin suggesting new maps, I can not express how much I would like to see some of the current maps removed! So here is a list of maps that I think should take a long long long break from our jay1 server.

Goldrush-gals

venice_ne4

et_beach

braundorf_final

fueldump

beerrun_b7a

flame-guards

railgun

I can give detailed details for every one of these maps of why they should be removed, and yep I will do just that!

#1 Goldrush : Goldrush is a great map and always will be a classic, even if it is modified, the reason it should be removed of all reasons, is it is over played, allies seem to get the tank moving all the way to the bank about 60% of the time, but the axis will defend the gold 95% of the time, which just isn't fun, you know what will happen as soon as this map begins.

#2 Venice_ne4 Venice is a good map, I love playing it, but like goldrush far over played, it needs rest, 80% of time allies can get the tank in place. But for allies to get the obj to the boat is about 40% And the map is just to long to figure out that your team will lose 10 minutes into the game, "people from axis leave because they get bored of defending, people from allies leave because they are mad at how their team is preforming"

#3 et_beach Et beach, is in my opinion a map that will reduce the amount of people in the server by at least 10 every time it comes along, my guess of why this happens is because playing it my self I notice just about every where you stand on this map, you can expect bullets from at least 3-5 enemy's. Other then that, it is over played and allies will win this map about 20% if the time. Yet it isn't allied players who leave, it's axis who know that they have a long boring defense waiting for them.

#4 Braundorf_final This map is fun! it's one of my favorite maps, but I feel like it needs a rest, just very over played, I believe allies and axis both have about even odds of winning while playing this map though.

#5 Fueldump Oh my gosh, fuel dump what a great map, to be honest it is one of my favorite maps out of the 6 originals, but it needs a break, I think I could speak on the behalf of all people who play at jay1. Without allies trickjumping to obj it is and normally always is impossible to plant the dyno. 80% of the time whether by coincidence or not, atleast 3-5 players will always leave at the start of this map, and another 10 will follow if the allies get stuck.

#6 Beerrun_b7a This is a good fun map, but sadly I seem to only ever play this map with omnibots, and when there does randomly get to be many players the obj room is camped hard. Seem to be a frag map, and not fun for people who enjoy attempting the obj aspect.

#7 Flame-guards To be 100% honest, on a good day this map is quite entertaining! Sadly those good days happen about 2/10 The beginning part of map is extraordinarily one sided. Playing offence during this assault is like constantly dipping your hand in a barrel of boiling acid.

#8 Railgun From all the time I spend on the server I think I see railgun maybe once every 2 months. But that is still to much. :huh:

Thanks for reading my novel! Percentages are based on the amount of time I play. Which is about 5-6 times a week and 2-10 hours normally.

Here is a list of maps that could replace those 8 and make a server load of people ever so happy! :D

1. El Kef Final

2. The River 2 Final 2.2

3. Lighthouse 2 Final

4. Operation Storehouse Final

5. Library Beta 3

6. eagles2_a6

7. Greece - greece_beta.zip

8. Chateau Voilegarde Beta 3

9. Escape 2 Final

I can list a whole bunch more but these were the first on my to play list. Thanks in advance for any considerations/opinions!

• Platinum VIP

Ad Capuzzo Airport to the remove list. I swear that map is in the rotation 3 times because no matter when I join the server, either it's on or it's next map.

• Like 2

Ad Capuzzo Airport to the remove list. I swear that map is in the rotation 3 times because no matter when I join the server, either it's on or it's next map.

Capuzzo in my opinion is a map that is pretty fair when it comes to the obj aspect, that being said I feel like we need more maps like this one. Even if capuzzo is played so often, I haven't gotten tired of it yet. And the server is always packed when this map is played. But hipkat, I am wondering do you agree with some of the maps I have listed for removal? I wish for feedback and any other opinions please!

Thanks ben10 for recruiting us from the server to this discussion.  I used to get sick of the maps, but not so much now.  It's so hard to find a good server that I am happy to just play!  That being said, variety is the spice of life...  I have so much on my plate right now IRL that it will be hard but we may want to look at creating some new maps.  I think I would like to create a map for the norwegian heavy water sabotage.  It starts with seizing a hut on the frozen plateau, then moving into a valley, getting past the guards and using a door or vent to get to the bottom of the factory and planting a bomb on the deuterium processing units.  It's got open areas outside with sniper opportunities for allies from the top of the valley, and sniper opportunities for axis from the bridge over the valley.  When you pass that you get a tunnel fight.  I think it would be a great map and we could download much of the outside terrain from satellite.  It is a candidate for a capuzzo type map where minutes could be gained at objectives.  I've never made a map, does anyone know the best tools?  I have experience building surfaces for engineering.  There is a season show of this on netflix.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Thanks ben10 for recruiting us from the server to this discussion.  I used to get sick of the maps, but not so much now.  It's so hard to find a good server that I am happy to just play!  That being said, variety is the spice of life...  I have so much on my plate right now IRL that it will be hard but we may want to look at creating some new maps.  I think I would like to create a map for the norwegian heavy water sabotage.  It starts with seizing a hut on the frozen plateau, then moving into a valley, getting past the guards and using a door or vent to get to the bottom of the factory and planting a bomb on the deuterium processing units.  It's got open areas outside with sniper opportunities for allies from the top of the valley, and sniper opportunities for axis from the bridge over the valley.  When you pass that you get a tunnel fight.  I think it would be a great map and we could download much of the outside terrain from satellite.  It is a candidate for a capuzzo type map where minutes could be gained at objectives.  I've never made a map, does anyone know the best tools?  I have experience building surfaces for engineering.  There is a season show of this on netflix.

Talk to Storm Slash, for one thing. He had been working on learning how to make proper maps

• Platinum VIP

Capuzzo in my opinion is a map that is pretty fair when it comes to the obj aspect, that being said I feel like we need more maps like this one. Even if capuzzo is played so often, I haven't gotten tired of it yet. And the server is always packed when this map is played. But hipkat, I am wondering do you agree with some of the maps I have listed for removal? I wish for feedback and any other opinions please!

ET Beach and Flame Guards can go and take War Bell with them. THe classic Comp Maps, Braundorf, Frostbite, etc are great but too small for when the server is full

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Delete Oasis...

Make two Recruiting servers

Limit both servers to 17 players

Rotate maps on both servers every two months, add new ones, remove some others, etc...

Downsize/eliminate the other servers that do not have a daily head count average of more than 5 players throughout the day, 24 hr lapse

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION