ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

Raiders I think too small for jay1

Map sizes: Venice<MLB Egypt<Raiders. Very big map, not too small :)

Edited by Smileyyy

Operation Resurrection (44, 64)

Remove: Capuzzo

Reasons: Severe FPS/snaps drops (Even on high-end PCs), ping increase and unexpected crashes that tend to affect the allied side from time to time.

Edited by Hecken
  • Like 1

I like cluster fk aka small maps, enemy from everywhere bang bang bang.  Big maps be like 10 covops hiding by the last line of map and sniping and complaining of no Engi  looooooooooooooooooooool . 

• Haha 1

• Platinum VIP

Sabrepeak fixed would be really cool. Something about that map that I always loved. Maybe it's just too pretty :)

• Like 1

Seen some remove maps suggestion from Smiley, I would like to suggest to add:

treetop_final

I remember playing that map in the old days, never got to play with people, just b o t s :(

• 3 weeks later...

Add: Vesuvius_rev (deleted earthquakes from the map, apart from that great map. Supports 64 players)

Remove: Capuzzo (lag, give me a while I'll get it fixed with some extra balancing)

caen2, 0, 51,

Change to 0,40 please. When server is full allies spawn at 2nd spawn because lack of spawnpoints at first. (Also quite a clusterf)

there are hardly any maps for 51 players
caen and capuzzo both are maps that keeps the server always full or fill them up they are just fine if we lower more maps we end up with 5 maps runnings
minas on the other hand start to get many downvotes and makes every time when it starts 10 to 20 people leave that would be a better choise to remove
but there are map places open so there's not directly need to remove anything to add a suggestion

• Like 1

Just now, DFighter said:

there are hardly any maps for 51 players
caen and capuzzo both are maps that keeps the server always full or fill them up they are just fine if we lower more maps we end up with 5 maps runnings
minas on the other hand start to get many downvotes and makes every time when it starts 10 to 20 people leave that would be a better choise to remove
but there are map places open so there's not directly need to remove anything to add a suggestion

I agree, lots of big maps have been suggested though so it's time for an update. Let's switch some smaller maps out with bigger ones for peak times.

• Like 2

Considering that jay 1 is almost always  full , i suggest we prioritizing larger maps or at least thoses that can be play with max player amount . And from that list  , you set lower players needed to filter among thoses maps the one that are not playable with our lower players number. 

The main idea is to maximize the rotation for a full server . The full rotation should be available lets say when 40+ players are on .   (My 2 cents) 

• Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 3:38 PM, Smileyyy said:

Add: Vesuvius_rev (deleted earthquakes from the map, apart from that great map. Supports 64 players)

Remove: Capuzzo (lag, give me a while I'll get it fixed with some extra balancing)

On 5/5/2018 at 3:51 AM, Smileyyy said:

Remove: baserace (6, 30, never gets played because of limited player amount. Better to just remove it.)
Add: Kerkyra (0, 45, fun objective with beautiful eniveroment.Also, axis attack good to have a change of sides for once.) Download (+waypoints)

Remove: etdo1 (has been on jay1 for way too long, no one likes it and it's a very unbalanced map.)
Add: Wacht am Rhein (0, 50, Axis attack, big map.) Download

Remove: bremen_final
Add: fa_bremen_b2 (0, 44, More rooms, bigger space to play on so supports more players. Biased? Maybe.) Download (+waypoints)

Remove: Teuthonia_final (boring map IMO, axis always win.)
Add: Raiders 0, 40, (Looks like a very interesting map, pretty good size aswell.) Download

Remove: mp_theriver_2nd (Honestly, never seen this won by axis. Always gets rushed by allies.)
Add: Raid Final 0,40, (Beautiful looking map, interesting OBJ definetly should be added.) Download

On 5/6/2018 at 5:10 AM, Hecken said:

Operation Resurrection (44, 64https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/750-operation-resurrection-resurrection_finalpk3/

Remove: Capuzzo  sw_oasis_b3, please.

Reasons: Severe FPS/snaps drops (Even on high-end PCs), ping increase and unexpected crashes that tend to affect the allied side from time to time.

@Eazy 100% agree with you, we should definetly focus on bringing in bigger maps. Since jay1 is 30+ players most of it's time. I think these maps would fit well.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Eazy said:

Considering that jay 1 is almost always  full , i suggest we prioritizing larger maps or at least thoses that can be play with max player amount . And from that list  , you set lower players needed to filter among thoses maps the one that are not playable with our lower players number. 

The main idea is to maximize the rotation for a full server . The full rotation should be available lets say when 40+ players are on .   (My 2 cents) 

Your stats are not correct. Jay1 is full during weekend but during weekdays and during off peak hrs - player count changes. If we consider rotation based on 40+ players those would be played less then 20-45% of time considering on an avg player ct is 30-40. 

image.png

2 hours ago, Smileyyy said:

I agree, lots of big maps have been suggested though so it's time for an update. Let's switch some smaller maps out with bigger ones for peak times.

Peak times only happens for few hours and hence fewer maps for peak times.  You can't play with HC thoughts on Jay1. Mentality and player base is different. I have played Caen2 with 64 players without any single issue.  Off course Caen2 gets spawn on back cos it makes sense to not put all players on front line. It gives the opportunity to defense as well. 

Jaymod is fast action paced gaming. 

• Like 2

Speaking of maps , I wonder why  Map BBa capture the flag got removed .

1) Very simple map , just have to steal enemy flag and have to take it to own flag. 

2) Mostly Indoor map,  can't complain of getting killed by constant arty/ mortar   

3) No lag  

I don't favor much maps, but  bba map was pretty simple and good map .  

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, daredevil said:

Your stats are not correct. Jay1 is full during weekend but during weekdays and during off peak hrs - player count changes. If we consider rotation based on 40+ players those would be played less then 20-45% of time considering on an avg player ct is 30-40. 

image.png

Peak times only happens for few hours and hence fewer maps for peak times.  You can't play with HC thoughts on Jay1. Mentality and player base is different. I have played Caen2 with 64 players without any single issue.  Off course Caen2 gets spawn on back cos it makes sense to not put all players on front line. It gives the opportunity to defense as well. 

Jaymod is fast action paced gaming. 

if you want a good interpretation about the activity of a server I wouldnt consider using a mean but rather a median. If a server is off peak hours the server will also attract less players whereas a near full server will attract even more players. If the amount of players that are joining is so correlated with the amount of people on the server the distribution will usually be skewed making the mean usually misrepresenting.

I bet the median (or mode if you wanna look at that) is higher than the mean

• 100 1

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION