Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

My name has more of a personal history to it.

Back in 2003 I met my ex. His gaming name was SmoKey on a game he played before ET came out. Then went it did he started playing then I started play on his computer. I then got my own and made my name SmoKette. The name also applied to me in real life. So here I am in 2018 still using a name that gives me sadness. Sorry to go personal with this. 

• Like 2

Mine is simple, I use alot of hyperx gear keyboard, mouse, mat, headset etc, so easy, " HyperX ", the f come my car, a Jaguar XF so just added the F on the end = HyperX-F. Previous nick was probl3m?, just cos I was a problem i guess :)

• 2 weeks later...

My alias arose because from a very young age 5 years to be exact I began to fascinate the movie "Punisher" my father (Crazyshot) asked me if I wanted to play ET and I told him Yes By His Position and it was there that my Alias was born and later I had a Colombian friend who said Killer Jr I liked it and decided to combine them and for years I'm still KillerPunisher...

punisher-netflix-21.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

GalacticaQT - I love the show Battlestar Galactica, and I am an avid space lover. "QT" was a tag that primarily PvP players in WoW would add onto their characters name, and It just stuck.

i was 19 years old and got my first flat and PC online and needed a user name, i couldn't think of one i liked or one that wasn't in use however my cat was called Snuffs (used to snuffle all the time) and the year was 1999....so ended up with Snuffs99

I stopped playing ET with the alias snuffs99 in 2008/9 when my old clan disbanded and used a lot of different names (Snuffleson, Mr:Smith, No:iD to name a few) ,till i settled on S!mples/S!mpleton.

Cant say i'll always use S!mples but i like it for now. lol

• 3 weeks later...

so mine looks like shameless self promotion but Publix as a company helped me out when i was in a bind.

so i worked for a local grocery store for 4 years named " Ingles ", well i get transferred to a new store. thinking i will get a promotion. well the store manager at the new store didn't like me one bit even though the rest of the store did. Almost like he was forced to take me in, Well i heard publix bought out the property across from us and started building there. When the Hiring fair came around i applied to see what i could be offered. They offered me $14 an hour, (An increase from ingles at 10.50) and part time leading into full time. (which i am now enjoying.) after thinking it through, after putting up with the Store managers bullshit for a year and not having any hope of transfering out or being promoted, Fighting with him over FMLA, (My mother is disabled) being stripped of being able to control my orders and do things other than just cleaning, stocking, and essentially being this mans b*tch for a year and a half, (I was a " Daytime stocker" so i had to do everything.) i decided to take the position. instead of a "What can i do to make you stay?" or "Why do you want to go?" after putting in a 2 weeks i get fired instantly on the spot and kicked out of the store. on top of being banned. but im doing way better off because publix is a MUCH better company to work for.

AND, well. Its catchy and rolls off the tongue. xD

Welcome to Publix, Were Fragging on W:ET is definitely a pleasure. 

• 2 weeks later...

My real name is Wojciech. Very old polish traditional one, saint patron of my country is named like that too. :)

Woj is simply 3 first letters of the full version. I saw many confuse it with "wojak" (it means "soldier-like") but has nothing in common actually. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Fun shooting at you in COD4 server(s). Good group.

ill expand if anyone cares but it goes.... 1984 - Robotron, 1999 - Beavis Cornhole, 2001 - Beavis2084, 2005 - Bravo 34, 2010 - Bravo 34 version 15 (aka b34v15)

Im kinda old.... well... very. had some handles for other things prior to using Robotron in 84. Robotron was my first username for my first BBS account. There, I've dated myself.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is not the name that I used to use for the past 10 years.

My real name was maths 

It will be kind a funny but the real reason I used this name because there was a guy named mathi in my clan.

He was a very talented player and always used to get banned from server due to cheats when he was undercover.

He was AATL (anti abuse team leader ).

So if I used name maths , at first sight people would assume that it's mathi playing unless they took a closer look , as our tags was also similar .

I used the name kai as a default cfg, who is villain in kung fu panda 3 and also an anime

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy: it is a nickname given to me by some Bosnian colleagues with whom I was working in my first full time job. It's inspired by my real first name: Peter. I've used it since for my online nickname.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

I searched for this thread in advance of starting one so glad I found it.

GamePlan came from my high school basketball days. When the game was tight, the GamePlan was get me the ball. OFC, we sucked, if I was the GamePlan, but the nickname stuck.

• Like 2

Cool topic, I know a lot of real names now haha. This is mine...

federicrit is a combination of Federico, my real name, and criter (crit for short. There are many variations of this, like le crit, etc). criter is a made-up word that we use in my family as an adjective that means silly, or dummy, or something like that. So for example, when someone does something silly, we say "Alto criter" (What a criter), or "Sos re crit" (You're so crit). We also use it in combination with names. So, when I had to make my xbox 360 nickname, one of my brothers suggested to put "Federicrit", and since then, in almost all games, that was my nickname.