Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

When I played 10 years ago my nickname was $erwu$ because is similar to my surname :) but now I wanted something short and easy. Besides sunset is beautiful :P

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Legba, its a kind of chicken. I like ET since inception, I like Irony, what better description.

BUT .. Terry Pratchett, greatest author that ever lived (imho) made Legba® a great big black cock(rel).

Gedit :)

but the book is soooooo......... COOOOOOOL

So read the book to see the alias :)

Be good to your selves:)

My name is coming from a Dutch Rapper named; Equalz, Don't like his music or anything about him.. just the name. :P

I used to play a browser based space game called Planetarion where the object was to mine asteroids, build ships, attack other planets and steal their asteroids. No graphics, just text. Basically spreadsheets in space. Are you still there? Ok well you would have your planet and would be put in a solar system with 9 other people. Most organised systems tried to make sure everyone's name was on a theme so everyone else would think we were 1337 (well it was 2001) one round we went for ruler names as ancient warriors and planet names as their kingdoms - so you'd have Alexander (username) of Macedonia (planet name), or Genghis Khann of Mongolia. I was Huayna Capac of Incan Empire. I liked it so I kept it. Even if it does occasionally lead to excitable South Americans trying to converse with me in Spanish!

• Like 3

just always thirsty...so normally its SingleMalt...

Long time ago I started with Smoothhh..... Then our clan played in scrim without vowels --> SmTh.. this was kinda sexy and I kept it

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The name Candy cane comes from the Movie Joyride!! My boyfriend used to play ET and for a while he used the name Rusty Nail (the bad guy's trucker name in the movie) so when I started playing ET too I kinda liked candy cane (which was another name some fake truckers used to troll Rusty nail) and it just stuck from there :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joy_Ride_%282001_film%29

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, best part about mine (fx) is it's short. Ok, could be shorter still ;) but at least short enuff. This will've actual implications in Act 2, by the way (should there be an Act 2). It's shorthand for phoenix, which was sort of a reboot username on some old casual game site. Rebirth and stuff like that, nothing super original. There are couple other non-obvious connotations from real life but I'd hate to have to kill you all so [zip] :P

Would've been nice without that 3+ char limit here but I'll survive with 6 :) It didn't feel like the minimum - fox, fax, fix, fux (!!) - was cutting even close, though I entertained the very last for some time.

Edited by effexx

well, i started out as rambo when playing ET, then for some reason i kinda went by DarkDutchDevil since Rambo was my uncles nick and he made me use it, after that i came into a clan that, with my nick and clan tag the name was too short and a friend(sirfrog) advised me to rename it to SirDutch and since then thats been my et name and my nick dutch or as sis calles me: Dutchy :P

my nickname comes from an old cartoon that were on TV, it is called daltanius and i really loved it! klopen is the name of the villain, which actually turns out to be good, I like to think that people can improve and be better that the reason of the nick ;)!

My name came about because I am an idiot who cant spell. I REALLY liked the series of books from Raymond Feist (Rift war/serpant war ect) Anyway my name is after Milamber, but I cant spell so it's Malaber and that has stuck :) Still a better name than Pug. I also go by Phelan, and thats from a battle tech book. Though that one is actually spelled right :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...