Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

My nick is quite easy to figure out why he, I like AC / DC and the former vocalist of them, Bon Scott died of an overdose and made a tribute to him by placing his name on my nick! :)

• Like 4

Lets see... it was 2001, Return to castle Wolfenstein.  I tried multiplayer for the first time, default name "wolfplayer".  killed some KeWlDoOd and he called me a lil PunK.  Pissed me off, and my addiction to fps games began.  name just kinda stuck B)

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I used to play Vampire: The Masquerade online back in the early 2000's, master was my rank and my user name was leoric (which I got from Diablo 1, back when most people had never heard of it). I just used it for all online gaming after that because I didn't feel like making a new username

• Like 1

In the early 90s my father worked for the phone company answering trouble calls. Customers would call and the computer would automatically populate their name, address, etc. based on the number they called from. One day he got a call from a guy whose name showed up as Norman Corn and my old man thought "that's a great name."

At that time we had just gotten a cat, and with the name too good to forget, he came home and renamed the cat Norman Corn. 

The cat has been dead for about 15 years, and I have no real connection or reason to pay tribute to the cat, Norman Corn is just a great f***ing name. 

Edited by NormanCorn
  • Like 1

I started my ET journey 9 years ago on LL server. My first nickname was cha0s, some admin told me I always make mess with players couse of my philosophy character and was always confusing ppl so they told me i bring chaos when everytime i join server xD then after some time i played on DA server and was always running maps with nade in my hand and doing kills just with grenades so for some time my nickname was Kamikaze :D and finally when i first joined FG i trained headshots all the time just HS ding ding ding hahaha and then i first heard that vsay cmd boom headshot. And from that time my nickname was Bo0m. Till now. :)

• Like 3

I used to be quite a activist and a supporter for anonymous couple years back, my name comes from their slogan

"We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. EXpect us"

• Like 2

Reason's behind my Alias/username :) well when I play RPGs and Strategy games I play under ShadowHawk9272.  However, in the mid 90's when I started playing Quake 2 and the mods I would get p*&&ed off at all the crap talk from other players noob and so many other names we wont use here.  I was going to go with Barney (the dinosaur) You know "I love you, you love me!" crap... but I really hate Barney and could hear his irritating voice echo in my head.  Can't go getting the Barney song stuck in my head I would have probably offed myself by now if I had.  I always loved the Muppets so I thought using one of there names would be cool....  Then I thought who would be the most annoying Muppet to go by.  Beaker was out... the Chef wouldn't work...  I don't know enough jokes to be Fossie Bear...  Kermit was just too nice...  So I couldn't make up my mind.  That's when a tickle me Elmo commercial came on and it was like a light bulb went off in my head.  "Holly crap!!!  That's it."  Coining Elmo's famous sayings like "That tickles, do it again, Elmo loves you, and many more and binding the script to a bunch of keys...  I had people all over the Quake games hating my guts and ultimately just not playing well.  Being a cute cuddly red monster certainly went a long way in improving my game :)  Still to this day I see a lot of people getting frustrated when belch out some Elmo Monster love.   

post-17935-0-39434200-1440608260_thumb.jpg