Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

• 2 weeks later...

Hippos are my favorite animal, I even have a hippo necklace I wear everyday so that part was a no brainer. As for the minty part, I had picked it randomly at the time I was making my name but thinking about it now, I AM actually obsessed with all things minty so it kinda makes sense, guess I just did that subconsciously B)

• Like 4

Phoenix = a mystic creature that is reborn from its own ashes plus it's tears can heal wounds

So there are two basic reasons...

Firstly, I had bad time in the past during my school life from which I wanna "reborn" as a better person

Secondly, I want to be a doctor and "heal" people

It's quite dramatic though :P

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Played Final Fantasy III when I was a little turnip
Saw this ridiculous looking knight which they called an "Onionknight"

onionknight.png

Thought who would name themselves something so retarded

22 years later....

• Like 3

not sure if i posted in here  or not 

my first name darkvenom  dark is from dk angel it a anime it was one of my fav at the time the venom is from yes you guessed the  old venom gun from  et must think it from spider man venom but nope it not 

my new name is from a anime that i watched not to long ago called kiba i really liked it and the name  stock with me so i start to us it 

• Like 1

HSA stands for Homeslice Alliance - which stems from a "clan" me and 3 friends had.

I quote clan because all we did was play starcraft and 3-on-1 in free for all to win. we didnt get far.

I got xbox live shortly after that time and couldnt think of a better name and it kind of stuck.

havent done anything with them since like 2002 so i consider the "clan" dead and buried.

My backup name is Jimanji, but im not sure when to convert my entire life to that. Change is scary

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Hmm.   I guess one could say that my user name has no thought in it at all.  However, i like to search for names that ppl know but may not choose because they possibly think its already used.  Some name and a series of numbers cant be helped sometimes but I think more common names could be used.  In WOW i used Blu ....   like blucold... someone asked me since everything was blu if i was black.  :)  I chose that name because i played online with my daughter and she choose icefyre.. so just some compliment to that.  I have several other alias that i use on steam games but mostly settled on kooki so more ppl would recognize me.  :)  I hope that the photo i post is recognized as "not really me"  Dk where i got that but have used it for awhile.

Edited by Kooki
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

i couldn't think of a name for a gnome rogue in wow so i asked my brother and he typed in this fabulous name and well i liked it that i use it for everything, thx to him :)

Can't believe I didn't see this topic before.  Great stories for where handles came from.  Mine's not that great.

Since I was about 8 years old, I loved Spider-man.  I've got a small collection of comics (1500 or so) and several collector's items including my key ring, so I always have something Spider-man on me.  I own my own business and I named it Spyderweb.  I used the y instead of the i just to differentiate between the others using the moniker.  When I started playing COD, I was Spyderman.  When I joined FA, the name was too long with the tags so I shortened it to Spyder and there ya go.

Spyder

my player name, Boduko

i made this name when i got my playstation 3. my cousens name whas gudusi. my plan whas to get somting like that. so i got the idea boduko. later i discover that its a little place in congo - kingsasha.

Dycantos (Die'Can'Tos) was the name of my Necro character in Diablo 2 it loosely follows Latin naming conventions other than that Its completely made up.