Xfire retirement and EvolveHQ welcome

daredevil

Quick update about some of the hottest open evolve items and feature suggestions:

1.) Possibility to set a individual nickname

- Link to topic - (click)

- Feedback from the Evolve team:

This is a feature we're looking at adding in the future

2.) Mobile Android / iOS evolve App

We are not working on mobile versions of Evolve at this time (not enough people). The new version of the Evolve has industry-standard APIs and will allow others to write apps that interface with Evolve (like chat, for example). Our GamepLAN scheduling service is mobile friendly, and in the future so will be the rest of our Web sites and apps

3.) Chat logging / history function

confirmed to be in next version

4.) Skype account linking

The new plugin architecture will allow us (but most likely others) to write plugins for different communications systems. Someone could write a Skype plugin at some point and offer it to the community. We have no plans to directly link / integrate with Skype at this time, but it could be added to the roadmap as we grow.

5.) MAC support

We continue to have an interest in creating a Mac client for Evolve. We're still unsure of when this will happen.

other:

In general Evolve has a wells structured forum with a section for support and requests. check it out (click)

• Like 3

Moving forwards I won't be accepting any clan requests on Evolve unless that person has their Evolve name in their profile. It's been pretty easy up until now to see who's a member, and who's not, but I'm starting to see people request that I have to investigate because I don't know everybody.

Tl;dr: Add your Evolve name to your profile if you want to get into the clan.

Just in case anyone didn't catch my post on the other, other topic <_<

• Like 2

• Administrators

Just in case anyone didn't catch my post on the other, other topic <_>

I had made it open for all :P It's not clan only grp :) If someone spams the shit it up we can always kick them out from grp :)

• Like 5

I had made it open for all :P It's not clan only grp :) If someone spams the shit it up we can always kick them out from grp :)

Really? I got kicked out initially because it seems to be a clan only group. Does that mean I can request to join again? :)