video editing software

Octane

Hey everyone.

Im curious to see what some of you guys/gals use to edit videos. Not looking at gaming recording. Talking about real videos, i run a facebook page for car enthusiasts and really only been using windows movie maker since that we were taught to use in school for my pathway. Ive used MM So long i can make a fairly nice compilation based on only having so much to work with.

Ive tried pinnacle studios 16 from a friend, its a software that you can purchase at Best Buy. I did not care for it at all.

Id love to hear what u guys use and some opinions. Im always ears to learn. *but im no pro and cant afford these big $ programs. I use a very nice canon DSLR and know what to do, just stuck on my abilities to edit.

Thanks in advance

I use a combo of Movie Maker and Sony Vegas Pro.  MM, while very simplistic, is still a great tool for what it can do.

Vegas Pro however, allows you to do much more and really make more in depth and involved videos. Though, it's pretty expensive. Like $500 range.

You can get a cheaper watered down version called Movie Studo (same company) for about $80 US.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope

I use adobe after effects cs6, gets the job done, but I also strongly recommend to get the Avid DNxHD codec and Adobe Media Encoder to convert your videos to the best size and quality.

-----you can do the following with every video software you choose-----

What you do is export your video in .mov and using the DNxHD codec. This will have a big size, but the quality will be the best available.Then you convert that video in adobe media enconder. You just drag the video and select the "1080p youtube" preset and press OK. This will give you a really small size and the quality will not be changed at all.

• Administrators

/pinned. 

Many would require this info, including myself. Keep suggesting good software's and if possible share some good tutorials as well. I can publish it on our YouTube FA channel giving credits to your name in description.

I use for my videos the programm named MAGIX Video deluxe.

It's a good and i think popular Video-editor ( at least here in Germany )

http://www.magix.com/de/video-deluxe/

(at the flag at the bottom of the site you can change to your language)

I payed last year 89€ or 99€  O.o ... don't know anymore :D and its still works :) and help me to make good videos ^^

I only use Final Cut Pro and sometimes if necessary iMovie. Final Cut Pro is the best video editing software I've ever been working with, at least in my opinion. But it's only made for Apple, so I don't know if it helps you. 

And besides that one I use Cinema 4D really often. Not easy to use at all, but once you got yourself into learning some stuff about it you're good to go. It's not a video editing program, it's a program to design 3D graphics. But you can create for example some amazing intro's with it. 

Back in the days when I had windows I used Sony Vegas Pro a lot. It was my favorite one. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...