I quit smoking

Shoes

keep' the inner force up, Shoes. It's worth every effort and I cross my fingers that it'll last :-)

after a week or so you're through the worst part, GOGOGO :D

Cold mothafokin' turkey.

Seriously. You just gotta do it.

If you drink, get a disposable e-cig (non-nicotene type) to just keep a smoke out of yer yapper. They're also handy when craving go nuts.

Otherwise just occupy your brain. The first month is killer. After that it gets better.

• Like 3

When I quit smoking this trick helped me immensely. I never said "no thanks, I'm quitting smoking" instead I always said. "I don't smoke." because people that don't smoke don't say they are quitting.

• Like 8

I don't know if you consume alcohol or not, if you do stay away from any place that serves alcohol. 

Another tip I can give you is to refrain from all caffeine as this also gives you the urge to smoke.

Keep natural snacks on hand, such as carrot sticks and fruit etc. This will help you.

But you must be committed and serious about quitting

hope this will help you and good luck :)

Another guy who can help you is Chameleon. He himself started his mission to quit smoking and posted it here. If I am right, he did eventually quit it completely.

I don't smoke tabaco for more than 1 year now, yet I can't stay of the weed.

My motativation was the money I could safe from staying away from cigarettes.

Edited by equaLz~
  • Like 1

They say if you don't do something for 21 days you break the habit. Don't know how true this is to cigs though.

I stop smoking two year ago, stopped when i was sick, then i had throat so sore that i could not smoke, so i didnt have desire to smoke, i was sick 4 day, and didnt have desires at all, so those hardest days gone when i was sick, that helped a lot.

• Like 1

when you want to smoke take deep breaths and think of how good regular air feels.i smoked forever it seemed and finally quit for good.at first stay away from people how smoke if you can.regular chewing gum helps..i still get the urge at times after so long... I just don't buy them.. good luck

• Like 1

I actually quit smoking last week too. At least, tobacco cigarettes. I finally got an e-cig mod and haven't had the urge to smoke a regular cig at all this past week. When I've been around people who smoke, it smells disgusting, which is such a great feeling honestly. The only thing is that now I'm kind of hooked on the e-cig instead, but honestly my use of that each day has gone down little by little as well (I was taking about 80-100 puffs a day, now I'm down to maybe 60).

Keep it up, congrats thus far, just think everytime you don't have a cig as a huge moment (and that's only coming from someone who smoked for 6 years)!

You tha' man :D

• Like 1

I need help from all of you. Give me motivation. Those of you that have quit please tell me how you did it?

eat a lot of food, then you are a fatass man but who cares :D or make sport, activities etc.  don't go to parties at first, other drugs like beer and so also not allowed

motivation?  for every day you dont smoke we slap your booty man :lol:

I think e-cigs, nicotine patches and gum are all crutches. Cold turkey is the way to go. Get the nicotine out of my system as quickly as possible. Day 2 still smoke free.

Edited by Shoes
  • Like 4

first step and a simple piece of advice - don't look for outside help to quit smoking. it has to come from within.

you must want to quit first, then make it happen, cold turkey or otherwise.

all the advice in world won't help unless you really want to quit.

g/l bro

• Like 3

I did smoke for 6 years, now over a year without any nicotine.

What I did was that I slowly kept lowering the amount that I smoke a day, just think that you should pass this time. Also avoiding the moments where u have habit to smoke. 

Dont know why but I ate chewing gum when I wanted to smoke, and it helped lol. 

Slowly start making progress with your self control when you should smoke and when not. At the end when you stop smoking completely it will feel just great

gl man :)

• Like 1