I quit smoking

Shoes

Very impressive indeed!

Congratulations on achieving your milestones.

Out of curiosity, how is your current diet looking these days? My doctor told me that people that stop smoking will naturally eat more, I'm curious to what degree you've experienced it. You also mentioned you exercise - is it more or less nowadays?

Out of curiosity, how is your current diet looking these days? My doctor told me that people that stop smoking will naturally eat more, I'm curious to what degree you've experienced it. You also mentioned you exercise - is it more or less nowadays?

My diet hasn't really changed. I have always tried to eat reasonably well. Avoid fast food and processed stuff. I think people eat more to compensate for the hand to mouth thing. I have lost weight since quitting, but I think that is due to increased exercise. I can exercise much longer and more intensely because I can breath now. Stamina is way up. 40 days today. feeling fantastic.

Edited by Shoes
  • Like 5

My diet hasn't really changed. I have always tried to eat reasonably well. Avoid fast food and processed stuff. I think people eat more to compensate for the hand to mouth thing. I have lost weight since quitting, but I think that is due to increased exercise. I can exercise much longer and more intensely because I can breath now. Stamina is way up. 40 days today. feeling fantastic.

Im my cause it was not that hand to mouth thing, it because all food, candies and soda taste so much better and thats why i eat a lot more than when i smoked, but after six month or so, my eating habit came back to "normal" again :)

Happy to hear that all is going fine in there :)

• 3 weeks later...

very nice man, Congratulations!!!

The good news is, it gets easier from day to day.

Me and my wife quit smoking 3 years ago. Both cold turkey the same day. One of the most important things for us was to honor what we had already achieved. (1 week... 1 month... 1 year without smoking? We dont want to throw this away!!!)

2 months is awesome. Great achievement. You can be proud of yourself. The hardest is over, It gets easier now. However, be aware that you are still in the danger zone. Dont do anything related to smoking, even if your brain tells you otherwise. NO e-cigarets, no cigar, no hookah etc..

Focus on what you have achieved already!

Way to go man! keep it up. Report here every month. Let us be proud of you.

• Like 3

Overcome it with the power of yourself. Your mind is superior to your brain and you should just let the mind take the control, else you will start it again. Also, you will also live longer now, yay!

If you have overcame smoking, then at a month away you should see some pretty awesome changes (I have a friend in elementary, he was smoking for a year and stopped, and could run 2 kilometers, before he would just run 500 or so meters and couldn't breathe anymore)

Seriously, you did a good thing because you may actually be on the brink of infertility. I know this because my whole family smokes, yet l don't. I only enjoy a beer or two per day and that is about it. But anyways, stand strong and you shall prevail!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

2 Months no smokes!

Von Rantala, wolf081, your $10 donations will be greatly appreciated.

Little bit late, but done! http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/66211-2015-donations-post-in-this-topic-once-you-donate/?p=654845

• Like 1

Working on quitting/cutting back myself. I have to say that I still enjoy it, so I don't think it's quite time for me... but by switching to RYO, it's saved me money and makes me smoke less (as long as I roll at the moment, and don't preroll :P) In any event, I am starting to find alternatives, and I'm hoping that slowly switching will work.

Have quit "cold turkey" before, but I always end up picking up a cigarette a month later or so lol. Oh well.

I hope this isn't a "trigger" or anything for anybody- to all of those who have managed to quit, congratulations! :D A job very well done.
Good to hear you're on day 88 Shoes, here's to another 88 smoke-free. :)

Hi i am currently still smoking but not as much as i used to. I started with the patches for about a week then used gum and inhalers when i was craving it, but nothing was like having a cigerette. It is very hard and i still sometimes crack but i am no where near as i once was. What helps me is the nicotine replacement and also my friends and co workers are really being supportive about it.:)

Good job...Put that "smokes" money in a jar....you be surprised at how much will be after a month..invest it

stop cold turkey..those crutches won't work long as you getting a fix..look at some pics of people who unfortunately did not stop and got disfigured or ruined their health..do you want to look back and say..if only I would have stopped..yes you will live with that choice until you die..