Screenshots fail to appear in my documents?

Flible

I tried searching my entire My Computer and Documents and all that, but I simply cannot find the screenshots written in ET using console /screenshotjpeg

This destroyed my proof of admin abuse of users who are not a member, but have a seat between Lv 4 and 10 allowing them to throw around mutes for no reason. I can imagine Lv 2-10 people are not as easily profiled as F|A members and can thus escape rightful judgement as to whether they deserver a level or not, making power abuse a more likely phenomenon

Alas, help me fix my screenshot thing, so I can hang the guy next time.

Depending on the type of mod u played, it should be where u have your ET installed as for example:

C/Program Files/W:ET/Jaymod/Screenshots

This is an example for where u would find SS if u played jaymod, if it was silent, replace jaymod folder with silent and u will have same effect. Everytime u use that command (/screenshotjpeg) it will automaticlly save under the mod's screenshot folder.

Edited by Aniky
  • Like 1

Should be in program files in C. And it depends on the mod. So it should look like:

C:/Program Files (maybe x86 as well?)/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etpub( or jaymod/nno quarter/silent/whatever mod)/screenshots

Edit: Aniky is faster yo.

Edited by SiD
  • Like 1

Should be in program files in C. And it depends on the mod. So it should look like:

C:/Program Files (maybe x86 as well?)/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etpub( or jaymod/nno quarter/silent/whatever mod)/screenshots

2slow

kramer-yeah.gif

• Like 2

• Leader

And I delayed posting because I could see the "Unknown*" name on the bottom of page, and you two snuck in on me.  :)

I will just add this tutorial link:  "How to take Demos and Screenshots".  

here's the tutorial link: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/113-how-take-demos-and-screenshots/

• Like 2

And I delayed posting because I could see the "Unknown*" name on the bottom of page, and you two snuck in on me.   :)

I will just add this tutorial link:  "How to take Demos and Screenshots".  

here's the tutorial link: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/113-how-take-demos-and-screenshots/

Found perfect gif for you :D

mrViDRGjL3a3s7lQ0.gif

• Like 1

If the screenshots were at all on my My Computer, my search would have found them. my wolfenstein (and with it all the mods) is in My Computer.

The screenshots were made according to ET's Console, but they just never reached my screenshot folder

What OS do you have?

When I was on Vista my screenshots and demos were for some reason saved in a hidden folder somewhere really out of place.

I suggest you check two thing:
1, Take a note of your free disc space, launch the game, take a few screenshots and see if there is a difference.

If yes, check for enable hidden folders (google is your friend) and search for the proof.

If there isn't the slightest change I don't know what could cause it. I heard people have trouble saving settings in counter strike when few file / folder is set "read only" but I never heard anything like that with ET.

I'm just guessing here..

And don't forget to start your ET like an administrator, or your SS and demos are not saved.......

If that was the case, ET wouldn't even start, since it requires to be ran as admin to even get it started.

A simple solution to test where your screenshots are saved is to use it like this:

/screenshotjpeg nameofjpeg

Open your windows menu and in search bar write nameofjpeg and it should locate the file and then acorrding to that u should find where your screenshots are saved.

If that was the case, ET wouldn't even start, since it requires to be ran as admin to even get it started.

You are sure of that ? Because i can start ET without being admin....

You are sure of that ? Because i can start ET without being admin....

When playing under Win 7, 8 the system tends to require ET to be ran as admin, since otherwise u will get "Game code (ui_mp_x86.dll) failed Pure server check"

• Like 1

OS w7 32bit

I already have show hidden files checked by default (I hate having to look for things!), so my search option should have found things in those folders if present.

I run my game as an administrator.