ET Server F|A ET Main Menu v2

-=Medic=-

Am I the only one when you click on "Play Online" it doesnt show any servers even if all filters are disabled and you click refresh?

Am I the only one when you click on "Play Online" it doesnt show any servers even if all filters are disabled and you click refresh?

be sure you're using 2.55 or better 2.60b!!! the main have nothing to do with servers list.

I am using 2.6b. I was just curious. Havent really looked before, but I knew they where there so thought it might have somethign to do. My bad.

This looks very nice but just an idea to add for maybe future reference in the pk3

is where you press a putton and it does all these settings for you.

for example

BUTTON( 6, 200, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "^2P^3R3SS ^2H^3ERE", .3, 14, clearFocus ; exec"exec riz.cfg" )

with all the ready information like maxpackets rate snap hunkmegs. etc As this is the main thing that helps stop lag on servers.

Just an idea

:blink:

This looks very nice but just an idea to add for maybe future reference in the pk3

is where you press a putton and it does all these settings for you.

for example

BUTTON( 6, 200, WINDOW_WIDTH-12, 18, "^2P^3R3SS ^2H^3ERE", .3, 14, clearFocus ; exec"exec riz.cfg" )

with all the ready information like maxpackets rate snap hunkmegs. etc As this is the main thing that helps stop lag on servers.

Just an idea

well I already worked for something like that, i was about to add new menu (with another sub menu for each cfg selected) inside autoexec creator with some config ready to apply:

New Menu: every time you hit different graphic choice new menu will show up with different cfg for pub (jaymod, etpub or noquarter) or etpro

->>Config very low graphic

------->>Config pub

------->>Config etpro

->>Config low graphic

------->>Config pub

------->>Config etpro

->>Config high graphic

------->>Config pub

------->>Config etpro

->>Config ver high graphic

------->>Config pub

------->>Config etpro

then i drop the idea cuz i didn't have the time, but it's still on my mind so may be later ;)

not too much to code cuz I already had the menu but the too much configs (i'm talking about cvars & settings) i didn't have that time to look inside each one .. then i must test every single cfg.. connect to different servers with different mods and test them one by one :o

Yer GL with that lol. as every person likes their own "style" of view so you could end up putting alot of cfgs in there to meeting the needs of alot of ppl.

Would a settigs one not help. I see in a few of ur pk3s you have hell.cfg.

Maybe a button to exec that so all players have the best connection>?

oh i see what you mean, but for that we do have it already for each fa server when any players connect through the menu called now fearless.cfg..

here is what i was suppose to add first time but as i told you with too much cfg to do and test, hum i wasn't sure about it..

97084289-4.jpg

now let me explain about my next idea for an easy Autoexec creator.

From main menu you'll have autoexec creator button like we have now, but it will bing you new windows with 2 solutions, when you hit the button:

1 Regular Autoexec creator we have now with most commons cvars which is little complicated for people who don't know anything about config (and believe me there is a lot)

2 Full Automatic Creator: and this one will come with few windows that will open one by one after you select 1 option from buttons list it will bring next window with other option etc... and at the end you will have 2 options 1 Save all what you've selected to an autoexec and do vid_restart or save to autoexec and back to main menu

the second autoexec creator you can have cvars like we had in hell.cfg and much more without any knowledge

the thing about what people wants or not, I agree it's hard to satisfy everyone.. so my idea is to make a start like on screenshot above what kind of graphic you want and then go next steps to customize you autoexec

well it's more complicated and hard for me to explain exactly what I'm gonna do but that was the main idea hmm.gif