hash, weed and rocknroll

krAzy :)

as some of u maybe know, im going to AMSTERDAM(26.04) with my school class

and, i have never done drugs (like joint or cookies, and this kind of stuff; no 'harcore' drugs :P )

since i know a lot of u have experience in this area, i hope u could give me some wise advices :D

for example which one to choose: coffeeshop.jpeg

I think you have a handle on the fact that weed isn't like cocaine or heroin, it's less chemically addictive than coffee, and you have to smoke well over a thousand pounds of it in under an hour to die from smoking it (I probably haven't even seen a thousand pounds of weed in 5 years of smoking), and there are no proven permanent side effects from using; to the contrary, recent studies have shown THC (the most active chemical in marijuana) can help facilitate neurogenesis, meaning instead of killing brain cells like most people believe, it helps build them. Don't let people scare you into not trying something that is harmless.

As for selection, there are hundreds and hundreds of strains out there (a "strain" is a "breed" of a plant), and you'll find many of them scattered around the shops in Amsterdam. Each strain will give you a different taste and high. The first thing you will want to know when making your selection is the difference between indica and sativa, the two most popular sub-species of cannabis sativa. Each strain is either a pure indica, a pure sativa, or a hybrid (mix) of the two. There are several differences between the two, but the only thing you'll need to remember is that indica strains produce more of a body high, (the kind where you don't want to get up from the television) and sativa strains are more of an active, mind high (colors look prettier, music sounds better). My recommendation for a new smoker jumping straight into headies (top-shelf weed) would be to choose an indica-dominant hybrid or a pure indica. The people working at the shop should be able to help you out, make sure you tell them you're a first time smoker. Don't buy a joint or spliff if it has tobacco in it unless you already smoke tobacco regularly, the tobacco will end up giving you a headache, you might vomit, and you'll have a bad opinion of weed. I'd also stay away from hash until you've smoked bud a couple of times. It's basically concentrated weed so it's best if you know what the feeling is like before diving in.

I'm not sure how they consume it in the shops... I prefer smoking it out of a bong, but you can also buy edibles in most shops (like cookies and brownies) and I'm sure there are shops that have vaporizers you can use. If you get any edibles, just know that it will take 45 minutes or so for the high to kick in, so just eat a little bit to start, then eat more if you think you need it after an hour or so. Edibles provide a heavy body high. Buying a pre-rolled joint (all weed) is probably a good idea if you want to smoke it and you can't use a bong or hookah and don't have somebody with you that can roll.

Talk to the shopkeepers, they are there to answer your questions and make sure you have a positive experience. They're probably used to dealing with first time smokers who are curious. If you have any more questions about weed, I can answer most of them, just shoot me a PM.

Edited by Number1Dad
  • Like 1

the experience when you can lough about youre class friends when they had smoked some weed is much better than using it! the weed and hash in netherland is much stronger as you think! so dont juse this shit and stay strong!

indica strains produce more of a body high, (the kind where you don't want to get up from the television) and sativa strains are more of an active, mind high (colors look prettier, music sounds better). My recommendation for a new smoker jumping straight into headies (top-shelf weed) would be to choose an indica-dominant hybrid or a pure indica.

what do u mean with body high?

that u feel more tired?

and..

have cookies or brownies stronger effect as smoking weed?

Getting high on any type od substance is not a wise idea but I am an adult and I enjoy booze and herb. So just be safe and use some common sense. Having said that I would like to direct you to 3 of the items on the menu. :yahoo Try the Blueberry, the Bubblegum and if you look at the top of the menu in the middle in the "indoor" selection - at the top you see it says cup winner.....SMOKE that for sure!!!

p.s. you should also buy a fat chunk of the most wicked hash they have and bring it home with you as a souvenir--then smoke on it at your leisure :P

whats the difference between for example bubble gum in the mid column and on the right side?

one for indoor and the other to take away??

are the indoor ones always pre-rolle?

p.s. you should also buy a fat chunk of the most wicked hash they have and bring it home with you as a souvenir--then smoke on it at your leisure :P

lol no, i wont do that, this is just a one thing for me :lol: