COC Donating & Requesting troops - Read once

• Administrators

1. Troops request for loot/farm - Accept whatever you get. No one is going to cook special troops for you, if they don't have it. You will be back requesting again and that's fine. Just mention level 2+ any OR level 2 minions or level 1+ minions... and many will be able to donate fast.

2. Troops request for your defense - Ask for either same level or 1 level higher. Ex: my arch are at level 4 and soon level 5. Then I might ask for level 5 or above. Those 20 troops are going to defend your castle when you are sleeping or not around. So it's always wise to keep either similar or higher level. But then don't be greedy and keep asking for dragons or crazy high end elixir troops.  Some days you will get some and some days you will not. Depends on availability of others. 

3. Troops for war attack - Request the ones which suits your strategy. But if level 2 dragon can 3 star a base then don't ask with level 3+ or above. Mention level 2+ and above.

4. Troops for war / defense  -  Don't be stupid and put your level 2 arch on TH 9 or TH 10 base. They serve no purpose and block other till base owner get's chance to remove them. For war defense if dragon is request, I put my troops in lower base or similar base. level 2 barb will not save my TH in any way or shape when TH 9 is attacking me. They would be vaporized.  Once I wanted to put lvl 2 dragon on another base and it was filled with level 2 arch. Then owner has to clear it and then i can re-donate again. Don't waist other's time.

Donation command sense:

1. Don't donate troops when I/anyone specifically mention, level 5+ barb and arch. That's a specific request and if you have level 1 then don't donate. It serves no purpose and blocks other members who can donate. 

Requesting common sense:

1. Don't ask with generic message. "High level troops". I wonder WTF is that. Be specific when requesting. Level 2+ OR Level 2 and above OR Any level barb + arch.  We ain't God and we can't understand what high level is high for you. Don't be burden on higher level TH's.  

2. Be specific when requesting: Example: Need level 3 hog for war and you will get one. But if you don't mention war, I will not cook for you even if I will have the option for it. War troops get priority. Then defense and then loot troops has no priority. I give what I have. I will not cook specially for you or anyone. I believe same goes for others as well. 

My suggestions:

1. For defense: 10 arch + 6 barb + 1 giant ( Off course you can replace arch with wiz or anything else but it cost elixir and time and others might not have it ).  I normally ask level 5+ barb and arch mix. If someone has nicer troops, sure they can donate. But don't be burden on others is what I am saying. barn and arch anyone can donate easily. No biggie. 

2. For war - Your choice. 

3. For loot - Similar or one level higher. If you are higher TH's member then sucks to be you lol What can i say... you got use our low level troops. :)

Just trying to make it clear since this has been asked over and over. 

#########

Lower level TH's - Don't hesitate asking troops every 5 mins. We are here to help. Farm like crazy and get to level 7. Best level for 3 starring in war. 

• Like 8

Quick add ons:

-Don't do a speed and think golems are goblins. If you are confused by someones acronym the best thing to do is ask. Someone is bound to know what they mean.

-On war days, don't expect much donating from others because we are usually cooking for other people in the war or for our attacks. Which not sure about others...but for me it takes time for me to the right spells and troops for an attack.

Edited by speedfact
  • Like 7

Thank you. I always feel horrible for asking for troops all the time because they get expended. 

I do apologize for always writing high level or something powerful. My usual go to is minions but I understand that it may take a lot more to cook these. I'm so low level (at this moment) that I don't think twice. I appreciate all the troops when they are given. 

I would also like to add, when you write "Any" but you are higher, does that mean you will take our lower level troops, or what you really are asking for are troops from same level or higher? To me any means anyone can donate, but if higher level people are getting raided or raiding, our low level troops will die in one shot. Please clarify.

Thank you!

Thank you. I always feel horrible for asking for troops all the time because they get expended. 

I do apologize for always writing high level or something powerful. My usual go to is minions but I understand that it may take a lot more to cook these. I'm so low level (at this moment) that I don't think twice. I appreciate all the troops when they are given. 

I would also like to add, when you write "Any" but you are higher, does that mean you will take our lower level troops, or what you really are asking for are troops from same level or higher? To me any means anyone can donate, but if higher level people are getting raided or raiding, our low level troops will die in one shot. Please clarify.

Thank you!

Well if someone says high lvl i think it shld be atleast lvl2 or lvl2+ if u have that just donate cause he wasnt clear and you are doing job if someone wants some specific troops they shall mention so dont hesitate to donate if you have troops.. and dont apologise as DD said above low levels can ask troops anytime cause u guys are farming alot to increase your Town Hall and defence so keep on asking bt dont start whining or etc and wait sometimes no one will be online or sometimes you request barb and archers bt the guy who is online has like wizs etc so he cant dnate he has to either cook or shld keep quiet so if u see no one has donated jst send a message like anything else is also appreciated .....

• Like 1

And for those in war, if you need to dump cc troops for different/better for war, let us know. I keep my cc clear pretty much and can take them off your hands.

• Like 1

Thank you!

1) as for me, I totally don't mind donating all the time, I just cook up whichever anyone asks if I have space in my fields that is. I'm sure many think the same way

2) As for me, I really just am happy with ANY troops of ANY level, I just set a preference, but still

Anyhow, I have another question: Many of us have no particular description for war cc troops, which do most of you guys appreciate? I'd think wizzies or witches or anything else?

1) as for me, I totally don't mind donating all the time, I just cook up whichever anyone asks if I have space in my fields that is. I'm sure many think the same way

2) As for me, I really just am happy with ANY troops of ANY level, I just set a preference, but still

Anyhow, I have another question: Many of us have no particular description for war cc troops, which do most of you guys appreciate? I'd think wizzies or witches or anything else?

well depends on your TH wizs and witches can be use.. for TH8 witches arnt mch helpfull cause TH8 guys always use and get attack by dragons.. bt wizards are good at all TH...

• Like 1

well depends on your TH wizs and witches can be use.. for TH8 witches arnt mch helpfull cause TH8 guys always use and get attack by dragons.. bt wizards are good at all TH...

Ah, thanks for your answer, but it seems that you're just unlucky, I barely get attacked by dragons :o

I have been saying this for so long, thanks for the post.

Quick add ons:

-Don't do a speed and think golems are goblins. If you are confused by someones acronym the best thing to do is ask. Someone is bound to know what they mean.

And wizards are not witches. Although i think that one is a translation issue, I believe

• Like 1

A few thoughts:

1. Troops request for loot/farm - Accept whatever you get. No one is going to cook special troops for you, if they don't have it. You will be back requesting again and that's fine. Just mention level 2+ any OR level 2 minions or level 1+ minions... and many will be able to donate fast. This takes both time and resources from others, when not in war and getting nothing in return.

Donation command sense:

1. Don't donate troops when I/anyone specifically mention, level 5+ barb and arch. That's a specific request and if you have level 1 then don't donate. It serves no purpose and blocks other members who can donate. Aren't these conflicting thoughts?

Requesting common sense:

1. Don't ask with generic message. "High level troops". I wonder WTF is that. Be specific when requesting. Level 2+ OR Level 2 and above OR Any level barb + arch. We ain't God and we can't understand what high level is high for you. Don't be burden on higher level TH's. If you are generic, you can not be upset when you get wall breakers. At times, I give a generic message because I don't care. It is really just an opportunity for others to donate. *maybe I will start asking for low troops, just for that reason.*

• Administrators

A few thoughts:

Well for 

1. Well no. I don't think we ever get back anything for donating troops.  Thing was people started asking for high level troops for loot/farming. Only few TH's are lvl 9 or above. So burden goes to them. If they ask for lower level ones then others can help out. 

Ex: I keep minions all the time. So when midnight request one and once i see the request, i send to him instantly. But if he asks for level 3+ or high level then I can't donate because I got level 2. 

I personally hardly use clan troops for looting because I like to keep my donation to request ration something higher. I just use them for defenses all the time. 

2. I don't see what's conflicting. Ex: If midnight wants lvl 2+ minions and I always got one then if someone drops in level 1 then I can't donate. Same for others. If they ask for level 4+ arch and if lower level members fill it up then we can't donate. 

Point is to give specific troops when specific troops are requested and not to fill up someone request with lower level. 

There is no harm in just requesting troops if you are below TH 4 or 5.  It should be mostly like higher levels help middle level and middle to lower. Now if higher wants to help, they can help around themselves or ask for middle level as well for loots or defense. I believe for wars you guys want something specific and most of us don't have it since we haven't reached TH 9 or 10 or so. 

Well for 

1. Well no. I don't think we ever get back anything for donating troops.  Thing was people started asking for high level troops for loot/farming. Only few TH's are lvl 9 or above. So burden goes to them. If they ask for lower level ones then others can help out. 

We do get some resources back for war donations, its part of the clan perks. I agree with what you are saying here,  I have stated it in the past too. What I was trying to add is this. If people request things that only a select few have, when there is no real necessity, it is a waste of that higher lvls resources. There are only 2-3 people in the clan that can really donate what I need for attacks, but I have troops that can fill their need too for the most part. So it is mutually beneficial, nothing is wasted. But when I provide high troops to lower clanmates, I will not see that return until they get to a higher level. So if they are wasting it on farming when something else would have been fine, it is wasting my resources. I am happy to donate, I want to make sure people have the troops they need and enjoy the game as much as I do. We are saying the same thing, I was trying to add to your statement, people need to be aware of the cost of troops they don't have, they can be very expensive.

These are the conflicting statements, not that I disagree, I just wanted your expanded thoughts on it. Where you just referencing unique troops, like minions/witches/hogs or are you referring to defense vs looting requests? etc.

1. Troops request for loot/farm - Accept whatever you get. No one is going to cook special troops for you, if they don't have it. You will be back requesting again and that's fine. Just mention level 2+ any OR level 2 minions or level 1+ minions... and many will be able to donate fast.  

Don't donate troops when I/anyone specifically mention, level 5+ barb and arch

• Administrators

I meant for defense. 

Specific troops: Either for defense OR clan wars.

Generic troops: Loot/farming

Ex: I ask for barb and arch for level 5+ for defense @night or when I am not around. Barb and arch are lowest level troops. I don't ask for crazy troops unless someone is dumping for war then i accept whatever they have. Certain times someone filled up with level 2 arch. It was frustrating... Then when speed or killer or u or kariz... get's around they can't donate me level 5.  

Barb and arch are super cheap and mostly everyone has it and hence I request those.  But even in that if someone gives me level 1 or 2 arch to defend my 1-2 million gold, it's unacceptable. 

That was the point in first post itself. Only request specific troops when for war or for defense and be reasonable for defense. 

• Like 2

Not entirely true. Witches can screw up dragon attacks. How? Well usually most of us keep cc in centre during wars. When drags start coming towards centre and trigger the CC, witch comes out and spawns few skeletons. Now many people use King for funelling dragons. If king or any ground troop is deployed and witch is still alive, her skeletons run to attack the ground troops. At the same time drags if nearby run behind skeletons screwing up the attack.

To counter this, just deploy the king when cc is destroyed and never use ground troops in Dragon attack or lure the cc troops to kill them. Drags are powerful enough to kill cc troops with ease.

• Like 3