Issue starting ET

DFighter
Go to solution Solved by DFighter,

• Administrators

1. latest DirectX version installed

2. latest Graphics card driver

3. search and change/add in \\Enemy Territory\etmain\profiles\ETUI\etconfig.cfg

if nothing will work:

try to rename (not delete, maybe you need to look about some old settings) your \\Enemy Territory\etmain\profiles\ETUI\etconfig.cfg and restart game.

new etconfig will be created and should work. (you have to switch all settings, since its running in lets say "safe mode")

ET doesn't use DirectX afaik. It uses OpenGL which are provided by GPU drivers. Dfighter what's your GPU? nvidia or AMD?  Here is your error:

...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)

So you should try r_mode according to your windows OS resolution.

ET doesn't use DirectX afaik. It uses OpenGL which are provided by GPU drivers. Dfighter what's your GPU? nvidia or AMD? 

:lol: jup my fault no directx update needed  :D  

Wouldn't it be easier to load et in window mode?
I mean since it couldn't load appropriate PIXELFORMAT , it just won't render fullscreen mode. ...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available , since et couldn't find basic libs for render, it tried to use glide as secondary render and it seems it's missing so et shuts down.)
Also did you used configs/et folder from before reinstall?

I had same problem and it was just caused by wrong resolution, which were not supported by my pc/screen (ie et will crash if your resolution is too high for your screen)
Ran in windowed with default resolution and then in game changed cvars for my native screen resolution. Since then I had everything working, no such errors.

If the issue is not solved yet then comment back

It's just the your r_mode isn't set + monitor height n width isn't correctly matches with cfg your using, Bowly had the same problem month back and solved it ( i hope it works for you too ) 

it's not solved yet but I called in the artillery .. my dad -_-
shitty thing is that I have a ati card in atm if he can't find issue I take a other vid card from nvidea I have in other pc then it will be a lot easyer for me to resolve issue
updating the card did not work it's probably a setting thing is I can't change anything in ET because it won't start so console don't come up

shitty thing is that I have a ati card in atm if he can't find issue I take a other vid card from nvidea I have in other pc then it will be a lot easyer for me to resolve issue

updating the card did not work it's probably a setting thing is I can't change anything in ET because it won't start so console don't come up

Does game open, i mean when you click at ET.exe it run and you see the menu ?

If you do then it's the r_mode + customheight and width of your computer which is not matching with the current cfg you're using 

But first tell if you can even open the game then you get the error when you try to connect at server or the game doesn't even start at all and you get that error

U might want to read my comment above, its explaining how to fix the issue, if the game dos not start up, as u have to custumize the starting line of ET, so when it launch it will use different resolution already.

• Like 4