Going for surgery

Pgirl722

Hi guys,I wont be able to play until i heal. I've been in lots of pain I was diagnosed with Carpel tunnel syndrome & Dequervain's tenosynovitis in my right hand. Im getting surgery done in a week and dont know how long it takes to heal. I've been playing this game for over 10 years and I'm paying for it now...lol...this pain is no joke. I miss playing like crazy but i have to take care of this first. Im going to be able to check forum from my phone and keep in touch. Take care guys :)

Get well soon, you can come back and play!!! Good luck and best wishes!

• Leader

Ow, Ow, Ow!  My sister had that carpal tunnel surgery and had to wear a wrist-brace for a long time.  I don't know how long she was off of work at a medical insurance call-center.  

As for that unfamiliar "De Quervain's tenosynovitis", the USA Mayo Clinic site : http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/de-quervains-tenosynovitis/basics/definition/con-20027238 had this to say:

De Quervain's tenosynovitis (dih-kwer-VAINS ten-oh-sine-oh-VIE-tis) is a painful condition affecting the tendons on the thumb side of your wrist. If you have de Quervain's tenosynovitis, it will probably hurt every time you turn your wrist, grasp anything or make a fist.

Although the exact cause of de Quervain's tenosynovitis isn't known, any activity that relies on repetitive hand or wrist movement — such as working in the garden, playing golf or racket sports or lifting your baby — can make it worse.

Our PGirl got hit with a double-whammy!  Life is going to be awkward for her for a while!   :(

• Clan Friend

Take care! Health comes always first!

Years ago I got a sort of carpal tunnel syndrome from playing bass, and later also a tendon cyst from gammajumping in ET (to make those tiny movements with the mouse when strafing, I used to grip my mouse too hard) which is now gone.

I never had any surgery, but still I have pain and the occasional numbness if I don't pay attention. I can't play bass anymore because after 10 minutes I get numbness again, but I sucked anyway :P I could play with a pick instead of fingers, actually.

Get well soon and good luck.