Anyone went to Yellow Stone national park?

daredevil

• Administrators

I am planning a trip to Yellow stone national park. Any suggestions where to stay? Was wondering if anyone has visited it before and could share some more light on it. 

• Like 3

I've never been to Yellowstone.When I travel to a park my first thoughts are do I want to stay inside or outside the park.If outside what entrance to be near for my activities.What are the best times of year because can be crowded at times.Do I want a cabin,a ranch or historic setting.I saw this site online,it may answer some questions. http://www.yellowstone-bearman.com/travelguide.html#besttimes

• Like 1

• Administrators

I've never been to Yellowstone.When I travel to a park my first thoughts are do I want to stay inside or outside the park.If outside what entrance to be near for my activities.What are the best times of year because can be crowded at times.Do I want a cabin,a ranch or historic setting.I saw this site online,it may answer some questions. http://www.yellowstone-bearman.com/travelguide.html#besttimes

Booked the tickets for 29th July to 5th Aug. Now time to look for accommodation. Everything is full inside... Outside it's all 1 hr drive. Need to dig hard to find accommodation. 

• Like 1

I'd recommend staying in the cabins inside the park. I stayed in them the last time I was there, much more enjoyable than staying in a hotel, although they can get cold at night. They do tend to be reserved in advance, but since your trip is still a few months away you should definitely be able to get reservations if you wanted to

• Like 1

I am planning a trip to Yellow stone national park. Any suggestions where to stay? Was wondering if anyone has visited it before and could share some more light on it. 

I'd recommend staying in the cabins inside the park. I stayed in them the last time I was there, much more enjoyable than staying in a hotel, although they can get cold at night. They do tend to be reserved in advance, but since your trip is still a few months away you should definitely be able to get reservations if you wanted to

Well my way to go in national parks is this: 

7899402344_86e5728764_b.jpg

But I realize that's not for everyone, especially with the wildlife in yellowstone. So the hut thing is an excellent suggestion if you don't need any luxury. Camping vehicles are another option to go into the park without having to go with the places that are already fully booked. If you do need luxury, I suppose other suggestions are in order :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

Any recommended websites? OR places? I will be driving from Salt lake city. Planning to stay around west entrance. 

I checked and online it shows all full booked. 

Thinking for this one?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g45399-d91383-Reviews-or10-Lazy_G_Motel-West_Yellowstone_Montana.html#REVIEWS

Is it good? What do u suggest? I am trying to find something closer to park. Cabins are all freaking sold out. They open and get sold out again.

Update: Any recommendations for good cabins?

Any recommended websites? OR places? I will be driving from Salt lake city. Planning to stay around west entrance. 

I checked and online it shows all full booked. 

Thinking for this one?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g45399-d91383-Reviews-or10-Lazy_G_Motel-West_Yellowstone_Montana.html#REVIEWS

Is it good? What do u suggest? I am trying to find something closer to park. Cabins are all freaking sold out. They open and get sold out again.

Update: Any recommendations for good cabins?

Unfortunately I do not, we got lucky last time we stayed there as we didn't reserve them but just decided to check if their were any vacancies on the day we arrived, can't remember what they were called. Also have no experience with the west entrance since every time I've been to Yellowstone we've entered thru the east one.