Lag problem

EnErGY2

Hello,

I'm EnErGY!, maybe known as cTRL-EnErGY!.

Today my pc crashed and i lost everything.

My pc reinstalled itself (fabric settings) and after that i reinstalled all other things, also ET.

But i can't play on a normal way. Since i re-installed ET, i'm having a lag-problem. I don't know how this is caused since i've never had this before.

I installed ET with the same installer/setup files like the previous time, and i use the same config file, no other settings...

When i'm in-game i have like every 2-3 seconds a little lag.. a small hitch..

I activated the lago-meter on which you can see every 2-3 seconds a little drop in the green.. (See pictures in attachement)

I changed my cl_nudge to 0, rate between 25000-34000, maxpackets to 100.

But no effect..

Can someone please explain me how i fix this?

I use the same settings as before (where i had no problem), but this time i can't play properly since the screen "freezes"..

I have this problem only on ET, on every server. Not just on FA..

Hope someone can help me,

Best Regards,

EnErGY!

post-17443-0-40616800-1432072761_thumb.png

post-17443-0-86823700-1432072770_thumb.png

Enable your FPS in menu as well, so u can monitor it.

Then set these two commands, maybe it will help.

com_maxfps 125

r_primitives 2

Also dont forget to install latest GPU drivers.

• Administrators

Are u doing CPU task in background? OR Anything using your HD IO? 

Check below things:

1. Another process using CPU in background or background process from Chrome or other things.

2. Anti virus or since new install? SP udpates?

3. Video drivers. 

A gap in the green lagometer graph means that during that interval, your client was not processing the updates from the server. This is usually caused by another program or driver taking all of your CPU's resources during that time.

Try disabling indexing services and see how it works out.

• Like 1

@aniky: com_maxfps 125 & r_primitives 2, set but no difference

@daredevil:

1 - no other process using CPu on background

2 - i deleted my anti-virus, what's SP updates?

3 - video drivers are all up to date.

I really don't know how to fix this :s i'm getting frustrated & desperate :s

• Administrators

SP - Service pack updates. 

Sometimes recent drivers also cause issue. What video driver version u had before?

I have no idea :s pc crashed again and is setting everything on fabric settings (again), which already took 3 hours for 14%...

I thought it was up-to-date.. :s

Edited by EnErGY2

I had lag spikes too but then I downloaded new drivers and gamebooster and problems gone.  I suggest searching from google, there are many guides and tips for enemy territory lags.  ^_^

You might want to make sure you have all of the Windows Updates installed, or make sure that you're not installing updates automatically. That has been the bane of my ET gameplay. It takes CPU usage and HDD time.

Hi Guys,

Giving you guys an update:

-  I found by searching other articles which refered that the problem came trough PB

So i deleted the PB - folder in WolfET, and strange but true, my (big) lag problem is over.

But now i got another lag-problem...

Every 10-12 seconds i get a big lag, which makes me impossible to do anything.

It looks like i get problems connecting with my internet connection...

I "pinged" in the command-line-interface to by example 'google.com -t'

which gave me this result:

Anyone know a solution for this?

post-17443-0-02620400-1432241113_thumb.jpg

post-17443-0-44114800-1432241118_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

Giving you guys an update:

-  I found by searching other articles which refered that the problem came trough PB

So i deleted the PB - folder in WolfET, and strange but true, my (big) lag problem is over.

But now i got another lag-problem...

Every 10-12 seconds i get a big lag, which makes me impossible to do anything.

It looks like i get problems connecting with my internet connection...

I "pinged" in the command-line-interface to by example 'google.com -t'

which gave me this result:

Anyone know a solution for this?

What type of inet do u have, wifi or cable?

Make sure that there wasn't any process at backround or task manager performing while u are doing ping test or playing ET, such as any kind of updates to OS, anti virus or having any torrent program opened.

Edited by Aniky

I use wifi, i'll test the cable connection tomorrow :)

I am sure there was no process at the background. No program was running, now i got to instal 171 windows updates since i resetted my pc to fabric settings again, i'll have to re-download every update. But when i want to start the updates, it stays at 0%.. Nothing happens, even after 7 hours no update has been downloaded/installed :s i'll see tomorrow

I use wifi, i'll test the cable connection tomorrow :)

I am sure there was no process at the background. No program was running, now i got to instal 171 windows updates since i resetted my pc to fabric settings again, i'll have to re-download every update. But when i want to start the updates, it stays at 0%.. Nothing happens, even after 7 hours no update has been downloaded/installed :s i'll see tomorrow

Could partly explain the fact of those lags, tho its not 100% sure, but at most occasions WiFi is the causer of these kind of problems. Hum how much is the size of those updates, it did happen to me as well at past that it got stucked at 0 for a while, but then it downloaded and installed normally. Considering that u were actually waiting for 7 hours, it should of been done long time ago, how fast is your net and it would probably be wise to use cable for this, as it would give u stable connection (hopefully).