COC Town hall upgrade process

• Administrators

Please don't rush your town halls to higher levels unless you have max all defenses + attacks + spell A - Z on current Town Hall. Only then process with the upgrade to next.

May be keep 2-3 elixir upgrades + TH upgrade at last. So that all your builders are busy and you don't loose any time.

Don't forget to upgrade your walls too. They are IMP! More higher walls would require higher wall breakers and would defend your town easily. 

• Like 3

i suggest keep your walls like if u have TH7 update your walls to TH7 and max out the drills so u can get gold easily and fast and after u max out the gold mines and elixir pump .. and once u update the defences first then update the walls so u can like if a wall need 75k once u get 80-85k update the wall so it wont be much burden and u shall update it easily..

6-7 is not a big deal to rush, the pros outweigh the cons. But 7-8, 8-9, 9-10 (aka the rest of the updates) it is very important not to rush. Your maxed defenses and walls will carry you until you start being able upgrade new stuff like lab, army camp and new defenses. Maxed walls make it intimating while people are searching for raids, and people will avoid all out attacks on your base.

While there is some short term gain to upgrading early, the loot penalty will make it much harder to upgrade stuff that you could have upgraded at the earlier TH level. Its not worth it and will, overall, slow down the progress of your base.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well loot penalty makes hard to upgrade all on TH 8 + it get's time consuming. Also during war, base is easy to kill and opponents get easy stars. I have seen bases with gold wall on TH 8. That's just too much. Imagine gold required to go from Gold -> Pink -> Blue walls.  It was super easy for me to upgrade all walls on TH6 and I am glad I did. It's less tough on TH 7 to upgrade. I have seen few our members struggling to upgrade all walls from Gold to Blue because it's massive of Gold required. Also the gold required for other things increases by very large amount. 

The best loot, I got was on TH 5 & 6. Loot amount started decreasing from TH 7. I still get good ones appx 200K and sometimes 300K+ but on avg it was 40% easier on TH6 to find good loots. So wall upgrade was just easy as pie and I got all the flags.

TH 8 & 9 with lvl 1 tesla is just too weak. Tesla's are surprise weapons. Keep it strong. 

I use to keep one builder free just for walls.  and tbh defense upgrading > upgrading walls .

• Like 1

• Administrators

I use to keep one builder free just for walls.  and tbh defense upgrading > upgrading walls .

You can't update all defenses together. :) I do mix and match. I tend to upgrade either 2 or 3 together at max and 4th builder for other things.

Who are you again? lol

come back. We need active war people.

Well loot penalty makes hard to upgrade all on TH 8 + it get's time consuming. Also during war, base is easy to kill and opponents get easy stars. I have seen bases with gold wall on TH 8. That's just too much. Imagine gold required to go from Gold -> Pink -> Blue walls.  It was super easy for me to upgrade all walls on TH6 and I am glad I did. It's less tough on TH 7 to upgrade. I have seen few our members struggling to upgrade all walls from Gold to Blue because it's massive of Gold required. Also the gold required for other things increases by very large amount. 

I agree, full upgrades 7-10 before going to next TH. I rushed to 8 and regretted it. I waited till I had everything upgraded in 8 to go to 9, and it took me a long time. But the additional camp of 7 does help quite a bite for war/raids when I went through it. It doesn't hurt to fully upgrade it 6-7, just saying it is probably one, maybe the only one, that can be rushed a little bit and get away with it. This is just my opinion based on my experience.

• Like 1

You can't update all defenses together. :) I do mix and match. I tend to upgrade either 2 or 3 together at max and 4th builder for other things.

3 builders upgrading defense, 4th is repeatedly using all gold to upgrade wall. Not much loot in your base hence nothing to worry about . Nobody comes to rob elixir , everybody wants gold or DE . I just use to put DE outside, too much unnecessary DE just brings wrath .

I still don't get the hype behind DE ,its way too easy to get, only pain I hate is seeing AQ down for upgrade .

@dom I don't play it anymore, let me talk to my cousin , he have my account.

• Administrators

3 builders upgrading defense, 4th is repeatedly using all gold to upgrade wall. Not much loot in your base hence nothing to worry about . Nobody comes to rob elixir , everybody wants gold or DE . I just use to put DE outside, too much unnecessary DE just brings wrath .

I still don't get the hype behind DE ,its way too easy to get, only pain I hate is seeing AQ down for upgrade .

@dom I don't play it anymore, let me talk to my cousin , he have my account.

Well DE is much required for king and minion, hogs, etc upgrades.   Depends on which trophy level u are and how much elixir you got. Anything above 1800+ is attack every 15 mins if not under shield. I dropped my trophies and went back to 1600 range and attacks stopped. 1-2 attack per day, i say. 

U gonna have some gold at least above Th 6 because each upgrade requires lot's of gold. Most of my defense upgrades need more then 1500K gold now @ TH 7. 

U gonna have some gold at least above Th 6 because each upgrade requires lot's of gold. Most of my defense upgrades need more then 1500K gold now @ TH 7. 

Last I checked I had 73 lvl9 walls  each costing 3000000 gold/elixir . Life is easy at lower ths . but then each player has to struggle at his own th level.

Last I checked I had 73 lvl9 walls  each costing 3000000 gold/elixir . Life is easy at lower ths . but then each player has to struggle at his own th level.

Wait till you get to lvl 10 walls...those alone are enough to make you cry...never mind level 11!! 

• Administrators

How do you upgrade the walls then? Loot ? OR Just just gold generators? 

How do you upgrade the walls then? Loot ? OR Just just gold generators? 

loot, I am not into upgrading generators, though they are of great use . I learned this thing that the more I upgrade my generators ... the more lvls I will earn. I wanted to stay at low lvl with stronger defense to get advantage in wars.   I am telling all just coz most thinks my base is rushed coz generators are not upgraded .

Edited by yoyo

• Administrators

loot, I am not into upgrading generators, though they are of great use . I learned this thing that the more I upgrade my generators ... the more lvls I will earn. I wanted to stay at low lvl with stronger defense to get advantage in wars.   I am telling all just coz most thinks my base is rushed coz generators are not upgraded .

That's why I don't upgrade generators lol... but looks like with TH 7 I am forced too.  It's not u .. i follow the same. :P

You might as well upgrades mines and pumps as you go, as they just produce more per TH level. What I wouldn't do is upgrade you TH level just to get new pumps and mines levels. I wouldn't upgrade your TH until everything is completely maxed. Don't rush anything, and bide your time with things.