ETPRO help required

audrey

• Clan Friend

have you tried that /devmap thing I mentioned before? have you tried copying your config from another mod to etpro?

changing video resolution? window mode instead of fullscreen?

Might be something with your cl_allowdownload which doesn't download when connecting to other servers (FA example as mentioned above)

Didn't see this one commented as not working. When you load ETPro mod, type in console /cl_allowdownload and check it's 1 not 0. Could be set to 0 only on certain mod.

Second guess, could it have anything to do with .pk3 files?

Third guess, try disabling/enabling punkbuster or updating punkbuster manually (even I think our servers doesn't use punkbuster)

Three good options to give a try, which I didn't notice mentioned above.

• Clan Friend

Didn't see this one commented as not working. When you load ETPro mod, type in console /cl_allowdownload and check it's 1 not 0. Could be set to 0 only on certain mod.

It's not a problem connecting to the server, it's a crash for access violation (exception code C0000005). Probably it happens when the game is about to start after the connection screen, so I don't think it's about the download thing.

Here I don't have ET, so I can't check the md5sum of etpro dll, maybe that file could be corrupted, but that would be solved by re-downloading etpro, and it wasn't the case. et md5 was correct 2.60b.

imho it could be some interaction with something else (gfx card drivers?) and if other mods work, the config, especially the renderer settings, could be the cause. Because I don't see the game crashing if I change stuff like mouse sensitivity or player name... if it's a setting it's most likely something related to hardware

---

Loading an etpro demo or doing /devmap mapname (e.g. /devmap goldrush) while on etpro will load the client dll as well, so it can be used as test without connecting to any server.

I would try this:

- delete etpro folder (maybe move elsewhere or rename to something like etpro2, otherwise you have to re-download if this doesn't work)

- create a folder named etpro

- download etpro pk3 from etpro website

- open ET in the main screen (mod would be etmain)

- select mod, then etpro (now the mod is etpro)

- type /devmap goldrush

and see if it crashes.

• Like 2