ETPRO help required

audrey

• Administrators

I wish for gameday but not on etpro, some of us caaan't connect :(

What error you get? U should be able to connect. 

• Like 1

What error you get? U should be able to connect. 

Last gameday I tried to connect multiple times, no error, just ET freezes when I get to download map window.

It even starts loading map but then freezes, and I would wait for about 3-4-5 mins but then I would have to force close ET with "et.exe stopped responding" window which would show up or just via task manager manually.

Some say I showed up as a spectator on server or connecting, but never got past loading map window.

• Administrators

I split the topic so the old one doesn't get spammed.

When you say it crashes what error it gives? What's your windows OS?  Please provide below details:

ET version:

OS Version: 

Do you have crash log (from windows) If any? 

Server IP: 

ET version: don't know where to find that info

OS Version: Windows 7

Do you have crash log (from windows) If any? No, tried to find some from that day, there's none.

Server IP: scrimeuro.clan-fa.com:27980

Aand sorry, it does not give me error message, just "et.exe stopped responding" window. Then I have an option to close it or report it.

edit: okay this is the only thing I found in logs, but I don't know what to look for, I've never been here before :D

Name resolution for the name www.fearless-assassins.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Edited by audrey

• Administrators

ET version: don't know where to find that info

OS Version: Windows 7

Do you have crash log (from windows) If any? No, tried to find some from that day, there's none.

Server IP: scrimeuro.clan-fa.com:27980

Aand sorry, it does not give me error message, just "et.exe stopped responding" window. Then I have an option to close it or report it.

@ET Version:

Start ET. Drop down console. At the bottom right corner it would say version. 

Example image form our forums: 

tutorials-8988-0-54916200-1416960203.jpg

I also want you to check your ETMAIN folder and tell me if you have pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3 with mp_bin.pk3.

@ET Version:

Start ET. Drop down console. At the bottom right corner it would say version. 

I also want you to check your ETMAIN folder and tell me if you have pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3 with mp_bin.pk3.

Mkay, ET 2.60b here also.

And I do have those in etmain.

• Administrators

Do you run ET as admin? 

How many partition you got @ hard drive: 

What's your ET install location: C:\\\ :

Go to your error report center and see if you see any crashes:

Go here first:

scren_1.PNG

Then here:

screen_2.PNG

Then click on View Technical details and provide the error report. There is "Copy To Clipboard" Button at the bottom of Error reporting screen. Just use that to copy whole thing and past it here using code tag.

Before doing all this join our Euro etpro server once and see if you still get it. 

I do run it as admin.

I have 3 hard disk drives, ET is here: Local Disk ©->Program files->Wolfenstein ET

About error report center. I clicked "Check for solutions" and that loading lasted about 20mins and then it was like done and nothing opened as the result of it done loading.
I tried connecting on scrimeuro again, and again "et.exe stopped working"

Captured.PNG

• Administrators

Can you click on "view error details" and then post error details here? 

Let's do this:

Copy your ET folder. Copy it another drive i.e. D or something. Delete "etpro" folder (From new copied installation)

Run ET as admin and join the server. Let me know what happens. If that doesn't work, then would just do teamview once when you are free and fix it up for you. 

Can you click on "view error details" and then post error details here? 

Let's do this:

Copy your ET folder. Copy it another drive i.e. D or something. Delete "etpro" folder (From new copied installation)

Run ET as admin and join the server. Let me know what happens. If that doesn't work, then would just do teamview once when you are free and fix it up for you. 

...."et.exe stopped working" after I did all that too.

Mkay, lemme instal teamviewer then I'll PM you?

• Administrators

What happens on when you click on "view error details" Does it give you any error log? if yes please post it here.

Sure, you can PM me. But I wouldn't be available for teamview till Sunday or Monday evening. Currently at work and going for hiking tomorrow. 

• Clan Friend

you have et2.60b? can you please check its md5 signature here: (browse for the ET.exe you run)

https://md5file.com/calculator

it should be 5f12f1718a84b8fc45aaee609cfc9c43 (at least mine is...) so we are sure it's the real et2.60b, then if you can tell the address of the crash, don't you have any details in that window?

you have et2.60b? can you please check its md5 signature here: (browse for the ET.exe you run)

https://md5file.com/calculator

it should be 5f12f1718a84b8fc45aaee609cfc9c43 (at least mine is...) so we are sure it's the real et2.60b, then if you can tell the address of the crash, don't you have any details in that window?

5f12f1718a84b8fc45aaee609cfc9c43 here too.

About the second thing, I have no idea what are you talking about, what is address of the crash and where's that window? :D

• Clan Friend

you can also try to connect once to a non-fa etpro server and see if it crashes as well

About the second thing, I have no idea what are you talking about, what is address of the crash and where's that window? :D

I don't know I am a Linux user... but I see there are some details in the crash window... maybe it tells you the exception address