The Fight of the Century

Pvt. Parts

Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather is said to be the biggest boxing match ever. Arguably the best boxers today and two of the greatest boxers ever will finally face each other. Many have waited a very long time for this and it is happening tonight. So are you going to spend the $100 to watch it and if so who do you have winning?

img25103139.jpg

Actually I heard Mayweather is earning 300M for the fight tonight.

Whereas Manny is earning like 160M?

I'm still gonna try to stream that bit**.

I plan to torrent it late tonight. I've followed boxing closely for 20 years and I don't think the fight will live up to the hype, altho I hope to be proven wrong. I think Mayweather will win on the scorecards for landing more punches, but it will go the distance. Neither fighter's punches will result in a knockout, they just don't have enough zip on their punches anymore, besides both having great chins and defense. If there's a knockout, I hope it's from Manny, and I hope for him to win as well, I just don't see it going that way. The fight should have happened 4-5 years ago, and the amount of money involved is ridiculous, as is the difference in the purse from Manny to Mayweather.

After the buildup of MMA and getting sucked into that, it's hard to get into all the boxing matches anymore, but this will still be a good boxing match that I won't miss.

Outrageous, all that money .... :money:

Yeh shocked me as well, tho all that commercial stuffs and considering it happend over at U.S, they surely know how to make most out of it, tho at the other side, that Mayweather earned more in this fight than Beckham did in his entire carrier is kind of ridiculous.

So happy i never stayed up till 4am to watch the fight and waited till the morning. 

Was not worth all the hype in the end it was not a classic like everyone was saying it would be.

Wasn't that great of a fight.

I think Pacman was really into it, and wanted to give a show but Mayweather just wanted the money and played defensively the whole time.

Like, how do you land more shots yet play defensively. I saw Pacman gunning down mayweather whereas Mayweather was just jabbing the whole time.

I guess Jabs count just as much as a hard shot nowadays?

I'm still leaning on Pac though, I think he fought better and mayweather just played ring around the rosie and did it for the money.

Would like to see a rematch and mayweather getting into the fight.

Wasn't that great of a fight.

I think Pacman was really into it, and wanted to give a show but Mayweather just wanted the money and played defensively the whole time.

Like, how do you land more shots yet play defensively. I saw Pacman gunning down mayweather whereas Mayweather was just jabbing the whole time.

I guess Jabs count just as much as a hard shot nowadays?

I'm still leaning on Pac though, I think he fought better and mayweather just played ring around the rosie and did it for the money.

Would like to see a rematch and mayweather getting into the fight.

i agree I was pretty disappointed with the fight but I don't think there will be a rematch

• Like 1

Just watched the fight, can't really say what the fuss was about, nothing special, considering Mayweather picked up a tactical and just avoided getting most of the punches and then winning on the % of hit ones, "pacman" has done a good job tbh, shows that he played with heart and well, luck wasnt on his side, tho he did good considering my opinion.

Yeah it was boring, but it was just what I expected. Mayweather is a defensive counterstriker and that was the fight he wanted to fight. Mayweather a smart guy, it would have been stupid to fight pacquiao's type of a fight because he would have probably lost it, Mayweather did what he always does and is still undefeated. Pacman did good though, but wasn't enough.