World War 1 Multiplayer Shooter Verdun Hits PC

Night Hunter

Initially released for PC in 2013 through Steam Early Access, M2H Game Studio and Blackmill Games this week launched the final version of their World War 1 multiplayer first-person shooter, Verdun.

The game is billed as the "first multiplayer FPS set in a realistic First World War setting." You can buy it now on Steam for $20.69, a 10 percent markdown from the game's normal price--that's good through May 5.

Since the game's initial debut more than a year ago, developers have been able to improve the game's visuals and implement some features fans asked for.

"Over the course of the year, many good suggestions were made and put into the game," the developer said. "Whilst not every good suggestion made it in, we intend to add a few more in the near future."

M2H and Blackmill also announced that Verdun will come with a free bonus map called Aisne. This map takes players to a location in Northern France that saw heavy fighting at on the onset of the war.

The developers also explained that they will add free expansions to Verdun over time, including Belgian and American troops for the Allies, as well as German troops for the other side. A full roadmap for future content releases is available here.

Verdun aims to offer "realistic" and "gritty" gameplay, featuring weapons authentic to the period and a bullet physics system that requires players to lead their targets to hit them. You play as part of a squad, fighting through trenches, and the developers say teamplay is "at the heart" of the overall experience.

Verdun has even enlisted the help of historians to ensure that the game is "as historically accurate" as possible. Player uniforms, gun models, and maps were all designed to be authentic and accurate to the time period, while the game also includes "realistic sounds and accurate native voices."

Source: Gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/

• Like 1

• Leader

I think I saw a French tank in that demo, which would make that late in the war.

I wonder if they will have a map or mod based on the alpine fighting between Austria and Italy?  

I think I saw a French tank in that demo, which would make that late in the war.

I wonder if they will have a map or mod based on the alpine fighting between Austria and Italy?  

its possible i didnt know than this game exist