Timetravel?

Krise

i'd go to the dinosaurs :3

You read my mind...

There are many things I would go back in time for,

1) dinosaurs one of those.

2) To go back to the 'religious era' to see if Jesus existed ( that would be pretty cool) could prevent his death.

3)To stop activision  from sueing infinityward... ruining the CoD series.

4) To stop whichever dumb shit made CoD Ghost run on 6GB of ram...

5) To when I messed around with a girls life... take me back 3 months and let me not be such a d**k

Finally so I can make sure that the parents of all the onedirections members were wearing protection when they decided to have sex so they didn't create the shit band.

• Like 1

As an appointed representative of the Campaign for Real Time (CamTim), I feel I should warn any and all peoples in this digital assemblage against the dangers of time travel.  

You see, once the whole of the natural local Universe had been mined (near the end of its lifespan) for all the available resources, there was only one thing left to do: go back in time and snatch resources up there.  This caused immense difficulties, like the disappearance of raw materials from civic and military projects, drastically altering the course of history.  Here at CamTim we are pledged to return to these gaps and replace or prevent the crime from ever will-having-been occurred. (wioll haven be | tenses in time travel are irritatingly complex).

Much love, DNA.

• Like 3

I thought the current ideas on time travel was that said traveler would be entering into a different timeline, and thus could not affect the timeline from which he came.

• Like 2

On a related topic, I read some article concerning CERN a while ago, which had Hawking saying that, 'black holes are safe, because they would only take us into the past.' Something to that effect, but for the life of me, I cannot find it now. I suppose it was more about CERN than time travel, but black holes are indeed what they're making at CERN.

• Like 1

BUT: I would defintely go back to the 50s and play every guitar riff, hum every melody, and write every song lyric I had ever known. Maybe Justin Beiber would never be.

• Like 2

We think because we give Time a name, we understand it.  Time as a function of spacetime, that is, as a measure of the progression of entropy, is a measure of metamorphosis, not of NECESSARILY linear progression.  Given Dr. Hawking's theoretical work and the foundation of geniuses like Sagan, Chandrasekhar, and others, we understand that time is relative.  Both of these factors simply illuminate the fact that we do not understand Time, and are still decades, if not centuries, from entering an experimental technology phase that dips into its workings.

CERN is an Easy-Bake Oven compared to what we built in Antarctica but shhhhh.....

• Like 1

That all depends on what you're talking about being in Antarctica. I firmly believe that time manipulation, or to call it 'time travel', exists currently. In the military/private sector, technologies are 500 years ahead of consumer-level possibility. There is a ton of speculation that CERN is attempting/has accomplished a method of time manipulation via microsingularities, which puts Hawking's quote in a different light. A quick example on technology: CERN's computer system, the largest system man has built to-date, processes exobytes, as we, on the consumer level, are just getting to know terrabytes. On a quasi-related note: they call this system "The Beast". Also, I read somewhere that human consciousness totals around an exobyte.

• Like 1

the real problem is, how could you teach them anything at all? No one individual knows how anything really works. Sure you could tell them about cell phones in the future, the capability of having the worlds information at your fingertips, but could you teach anyone how to make it?

<iframe src="https://embed-ssl.ted.com/talks/thomas_thwaites_how_i_built_a_toaster_from_scratch.html"width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

• Like 1

That all depends on what you're talking about being in Antarctica. I firmly believe that time manipulation, or to call it 'time travel', exists currently. In the military/private sector, technologies are 500 years ahead of consumer-level possibility. There is a ton of speculation that CERN is attempting/has accomplished a method of time manipulation via microsingularities, which puts Hawking's quote in a different light. A quick example on technology: CERN's computer system, the largest system man has built to-date, processes exobytes, as we, on the consumer level, are just getting to know terrabytes. On a quasi-related note: they call this system "The Beast". Also, I read somewhere that human consciousness totals around an exobyte.

Evidence. 

• Like 1

Ah, I mispoke. I was referring to your belief that time travel exists and that private/military tech is 5 centuries ahead of publicly available tech.

Ah. Well, sure. Let me go over to S4 or Dulce lab and grab something for you. ;)

But realistically though, can't you just look around your world and extrapolate on your own? "Evidence." is not a valid inquiry; shall I ask, 'prove your disblief.'? To humor you though: DEW systems, invisibility materials, quantum computing, etc., etc., all real things; I could go on and on, but I won't. Tell me, how many years away are you personally from having a quantum computer, or technologies derived from such computing power? Then we can talk about exponential growth, if you like.

Ah. Well, sure. Let me go over to S4 or Dulce lab and grab something for you. ;)

But realistically though, can't you just look around your world and extrapolate on your own? "Evidence." is not a valid inquiry; shall I ask, 'prove your disblief.'? To humor you though: DEW systems, invisibility materials, quantum computing, etc., etc., all real things; I could go on and on, but I won't. Tell me, how many years away are you personally from having a quantum computer, or technologies derived from such computing power? Then we can talk about exponential growth, if you like.

edit

Edited by gibson66
  • Like 3