The best sport to lose weight?

hisoka

I added a question mark to your title so it looks less like spam :P

I don't do any sport so I'm literally just passing through.

• Like 1

any kind of sport that is low intensity and lasts long is good for losing weight as far as i can remember from my advanced sports classes.

Things such as swimming, walking / running work great for that.

• Like 1

Just start running/jogging for around 30-45 min a day. Either when you wake up before any breakfast or in the evenings, but remember not to eat 3 hours before running. So when you plan to run/jog at 6 pm, the last meal should be around 2-3 pm. Simply speaking, to loose body fat, you shouldn't eat before running due to the fact that during first 20-30 minutes, organism takes the energy from glycogen, then it the organism starts to take the energy from body fat. So if you eat before running, you won't loose anything. And don't forget about drinking, still water of course. And after the work out, rice... steamed chicken and vegetables. The diet it crucial.

• Like 1

Just start running/jogging for around 30-45 min a day. Either when you wake up before any breakfast or in the evenings, but remember not to eat 3 hours before running. So when you plan to run/jog at 6 pm, the last meal should be around 2-3 pm. Simply speaking, to loose body fat, you shouldn't eat before running due to the fact that during first 20-30 minutes, organism takes the energy from glycogen, then it the organism starts to take the energy from body fat. So if you eat before running, you won't loose anything. And don't forget about drinking, still water of course. And after the work out, rice... steamed chicken and vegetables. The diet it crucial.

Seems like you know pretty well what you're talking about. Do you run?

• Like 1

Seems like you know pretty well what you're talking about. Do you run?

Yup only when got time for it.  If I may ask what is your weight?

Yup only when got time for it.  If I may ask what is your weight?

I don't know my weight because I don't think it's relevant.

I just look at the ratio of muscle and fat in the mirror.

And I need to lose more fat on the belly. Maybe 10 or 15.

Well, just wanted to say that if you're above ~110kg I wouldn't  recommend running. It might cause more harm than good. Joints will be suffered too much, the better option in such case is swimming.

Well, just wanted to say that if you're above ~110kg I wouldn't  recommend running. It might cause more harm than good. Joints will be suffered too much, the better option in such case is swimming.

I know. Knees and back.

Normally it starts at your body, for how long have u been having problems with extra weight and how much body fat are we talking about, also when asking about the recommendations of sports, it does help quite a lot to know at least your body weight so ppl can answer accordingly to that. Some part at losing weight does have to do with genes as well, are your nearby family members having that issue as well? Do u feel like u were gaining a lot of weight over the last two years for example if u weren't doing any exercises? Also what is important as well is your physical preparation and stamina, given that u can start setting up a base of program that will fit your body preparation.

It would all come down to healthy food, restraining yourself by eating any bread and alike of food after 6PM, take some fruit or a yoghurt instead, eat regularly by having at least 4-5 small meals during the day, of course nowadays that kind of habit is nearly impossible if u have 3 shift work or having more occupied life, so just make sure u are eating small meals several times per day. When u have that sorted, only then u can start focusing on losing body fat and again, u alone will have to find specific sport that will suit u. Recommendations for starters are walk combined with jogging, hiking to nearby hills (does miracles), cycling or playing any kind of sports such as football (very great), basketball...

A good thing for starters is also room cycling, if u don't really intend to be a lot outside, a room bike does the job as well, but make sure that the intensity level is increased thought the weeks from start. At the beginning start with simple slow and steady rhythm, by doing at around 5km's, repeat that on every second day and make sure to give enough of vitamins and rest of important needs to body. More of that can be read over countless of blogs at net, then just keep intensity up and higher, if u keep it stable enough after a while u wont see any result anymore, because body will get used to that burn and no result will be shown, so its important to keep intensity level always on step higher.

If u wish for some help, there are on the market as well fat burners that help with losing body fat, but make sure to read which ones are the quality ones, as there are so many fakes that are completely worthless and do nothing but take your money away.

Edited by Aniky