ET Mac

ShadowFax

Has anyone here, been able to setup and install ET for a mac, and if so, can you tell/show me how to do it (in a dumb downed language) please? Whenever I try it, I get error messages etc. Thanks!

You need to download the regular Mac client (2.60d) then download ET Legacy. Move pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3, and pak2.pk3 from the 2.60d etmain to the ET Legacy etmain. I have a picture guide of the install if you need it.

Regards,

xenozbad

The pictures are slightly outdated (I'm too lazy to reboot) but the process is the same. Download the 2.60d installion and ET Legacy if you have not already. Now drag and drop the 2.60d Wolfenstein ET folder and ET Legacy folders into the applications folder on the dock (or in finder window/however). 

ScreenShot2014_2.PNG

ScreenShot2014_4.png

Open the Wolfenstein ET folder then etmain subfolder. There you will find pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3, and pak2.pk3. Copy and paste or drag and drop these pk3's into the ET Legacy etmain subfolder.

ScreenShot2014_5.png

ScreenShot2014_6.png

Now simply use the ET Legacy application to play the game.

Regards,

xenozbad

Which version of OS X are you using?

I'm using the newest version right now. Should be 10.10.something. Can't look it up because I'm at work.

Haha, I followed that step by step. Until I tried to copy those paks over to the other file. It just won't let me. It blocks it/unable to do it. I tried dragging and dropping, no luck. I tried using the quick commands, like your vid shows, and that doesn't work either...

I could give you a long ass tutorial right now with screenshots etc., but i just give you this video:

Just download the normal .exe file somewhere on the internet and do exactly everything this guy does. That's how i installed my ET and it works just fine!  :thumbsup  

• Like 1

I could give you a long ass tutorial right now with screenshots etc., but i just give you this video:

Just download the normal .exe file somewhere on the internet and do exactly everything this guy does. That's how i installed my ET and it works just fine!  :thumbsup  

Just a long ass video instead :P

• Like 1

Haha, I followed that step by step. Until I tried to copy those paks over to the other file. It just won't let me. It blocks it/unable to do it. I tried dragging and dropping, no luck. I tried using the quick commands, like your vid shows, and that doesn't work either...

Are you using Mavericks Yosemite as well?

edit: You are moving the ET Legacy folder from the mounted image right?

Regards,

xenozbad

Edited by xenozbad

Just a long ass video instead :P

I know, right? :D But it is worth watching it & he tells you everything step by step, so there's no chance for anyone to do it the wrong way. :)

• Like 1