S3ti

Hi guys, it's been a while! Good to see FA still around.

Believe it or not, few months ago another big hobby got me insta-addicted and there is no more time left for ET (for now at least..)

It's FPV (First Person View) Quadcopter flying. Anyone here doing that too? Basically there is an onboard camera on the vehicle and you get that picture live on a monitor or (imho a must for a good immersive effect) video glasses. I've been flying RC planes since I've been 14, so I'm kinda into that stuff anyway. FPV flying was never something I was really interested in since in it's early stages and in germany the equipment was too expensive for me. However got my hands on a FPV250 class quadcopter few months ago. I think everyone who likes playing 3D games will like it instantly. (+we can finally sit outside when the sun is shining and still feel as if we are in a darkened room staring at a monitor :P) Here's a little clip how it looks, I have so many records but am so lazy to cut and edit. And I'm still learning to handle that thing 100 percent. This is all I managed by now from countless hours of records:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/125427987

This is my quad, took many hard crashes and still in one piece. Usually propellers are the only things that break, and wow I broke close to 100 now I guess  :crazy

post-11075-0-12926800-1429509183_thumb.jpg

Have fun ladies and gents, gonna drop by from time to time ;)

• Like 5

That's awesome. I saw on VICE where they were doing FPV quad races. That was the first time I've seen this tech.

Other than the copter and camera what do you need specifically?

Can you use a GoPro? What takes care of the video transmission?

What kind of glasses do you use? How do they sync to the camera so you don't get any interference from other sources?

I'd be really interested or if you know of a great guide I'd enjoy it. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, long time no see!

Good to see your servers are still around and you holding your ground  :) As the days are getting short and cold I'll visit the ET servers more often over this period for sure, be prepared :P Sorry Tulsa not responding, but I hope you got it sorted meanwhile...I'll just leave this vid here, got pretty good control meanwhile with these things. I have also set up a dedicated youtube-channel only for FPV, take a look if you like it :) There's a whole new scene forming at the moment, with teams similar to clans, competitions and all that stuff, pretty cool.

(there's actually a little advertsing for a fb-group included, it's RC/FPV only. If that should be a problem please remove the vid)

See you around the next days!