NHL Playoffs Pool 2015

meow

Btw only reason to quote your post from this topic was that you find where i put your quotes from NHL topic! :) and i didnt want to point my message to u even that i quote u just wanted to show how hard is to quess winners in NHL atm.

NO Worries ... I'll be the first to admit the Kings struggled this season, for various reasons ...

- Injuries and/or missing players : The Kings lost SLAVA VOYNOV for the ENTIRE YEAR, and it might have been one thing IF it were due to an injury, but to have it be over a still pending domestic violence legal case I think unnerved the locker room a bit ? Rookie D-man BRAYDEN MCNABB had a good year but they never really replaced Voynov (McNabb was suppose to replace the depart veteran Mitchell) until at the deadline with ANDREJ SEKERA which was a great move, however even he got injured and didn't finish out the season playing. Then there were also extended injuries to ALEC MARTINEZ and ROBYN REGEHR during the year that left the Kings backend depleted many times, to were at one point in the season the Kings could only dress FIVE defensemen ! Also I mentioned to lose of veteran leadership in WILLIE MITCHELL last year, and ROB SCUDERI the year prior. Regehr helped ease the lose of Scuderi, but McNabb while decent is not yet able to replace someone like Mitchell, maybe down the road he can. Then we also lost TANNER PEARSON for over half the season, who was having a break out rookie year as part of " That 70's Line " looked to be one of the top lines in all the NHL, until he broke his leg. And we saw the decline and loss of MIKE RICHARDS who may have seen better days, as it appears age and his play style may have finally caught up to him, as he was put on waivers and demoted to the AHL. 

- Salary Cap Issues : The inability to replace or call up other players to replace the above mentioned Slava Voynov, Mike Richards and Tanner Pearson, were mainly a result of the Kings being up against the salary cap. They still had to legally hold cap space for Voynov if he came back if his legal issue were resolved. 

- Physically & Mentally worn down : It can't be measured I suppose, but I'm sure the fact the Kings had played MORE HOCKEY than ANY OTHER TEAM in the last THREE years had A LOT to do with it. To have won 2 Stanley Cups in three years, and make the Conference finals in the other is Amazing ... but to consider the faced more Game 7's during last years run than any other team in history, and you get an idea why they just looked like they never really recuperated. At times they just looked flat out exhausted and flat, and/or that their heads weren't in the game. They lost so many games LATE ... either in OT or in Shoot Outs, they lost 15 games that went into overtime or S/O ... just 2 or 3 more wins from that and they are in the playoffs. 

- Lack of Scoring, AGAIN ! : There is no denying that this team was MADE FOR THE PLAYOFFS, and nobody wanted to face them had they made it into the playoffs, but for yet another season, the teams regular season scoring woes continued to haunt them. 

All in all ... I see this year missing the playoffs as potentially a positive. Gives the team a chance to really rest and recover, get higher quality picks in the Draft, and maybe more time to restock and retool for another strong push next year ... as it seems like my Kings like even numbered years  :P 2012, 2014, and like playing against the east ... so look out 2016 for a LA KINGS and NY Islanders Cup Finals  :cheers

All in all ... I see this year missing the playoffs as potentially a positive. Gives the team a chance to really rest and recover, get higher quality picks in the Draft, and maybe more time to restock and retool for another strong push next year ... as it seems like my Kings like even numbered years  :P 2012, 2014, and like playing against the east ... so look out 2016 for a LA KINGS and NY Islanders Cup Finals  :cheers

91.jpg

• Like 2

Here we go people!!! Playoffs has started!!

Here is everyone's choices:

attachicon.gifpoolFA.jpg

Good luck !

Last year final score

100.jpg

Btw mate, do team who lost Stanley Finals points too? or do you only Cup winner get points from last round? I thought that only Stanley Winner will get points from final round. And thats why put several west teams in first places.

• 2 weeks later...

WOO HOO!!!! round one is done.

For the next course, Duck a la Flambe.

Not looking forward to this match up, Flames have had a lot of problems on the Pond. This will be the a big test for the boys. Playoffs are a different kind of hockey though.

• Like 2

WOO HOO!!!! round one is done.

For the next course, Duck a la Flambe.

Not looking forward to this match up, Flames have had a lot of problems on the Pond. This will be the a big test for the boys. Playoffs are a different kind of hockey though.

Congratz mate :)

• Like 1

Both Preds and Blues have shocked me. thought they would get past the first round at least. 

That just shows how unpredictable playoffs are. Every year there's a team that surfaces out of nowhere and kicks butt. (is it the Wild this year???)

I still have Habs and Flames moving on as scheduled. Lets go Wings and Caps!

• Like 1

I still have Habs and Flames moving on as scheduled. Lets go Wings and Caps!

NOooo, Go Islanders and Lightning!

• Like 2

Islanders just lost...I'm so mad right now :(

yeehaw. great game too, even though i'm not as huge caps fan. unfortunately, they'll lose to the rangers next round.

• Like 1