Vix's MIA Update / A Switch of Jobs

LeftWingVixen

Ok, not to be that guy, but:

Being an exotic dancer and being a feminist are not mutually exclusive. Modern feminism, better known as 4th wave feminism, has for the most part adopted the belief that open sexuality is an affirmation of the "subject-object dichotomy," which views the men as subjects and the dancers as objects which are acted upon, and in doing so are demeaned. This opinion has not always been present in mainstream feminism. At times, exotic dancing and the like have been viewed as empowering to the dancer. In fact, some have argued that the opposite interpretation of the subject-object dichotomy (in regards to exotic dancing) is true; the dancer is the subject, using her femininity to influence the men and the men are the objects who are acted upon and controlled by the dancer (their sole purpose in the dancer/audience relationship is to sit there and pay money). I personally think that both interpretations are equally valid (or invalid depending on how you look at it). the word "demean" is highly subjective, and what one groups views as demeaning another group views as empowering. Besides, you said the job is being done in a safe environment which I have to assume means that if any customer openly demeans you or steps out of bounds, they get kicked out. 

Anyway, screw the people who disagree with you (or report you on social media) and best of luck with the college plan.

• Like 2

Personally don't see a point in strip clubs "exotic dancing" but it is your decision and that's all that should matter is that you are all for it. Best of luck in your endeavors.

• Like 1

I hope all that $$ is worth selling your soul !! :noob:banned

just kidding :D

I hope it goes well cause 3 hours a night on 2 jobs is defintely something you don't want to be doing for too long... quit that hvac job.

& Good luck and hope to see you ingame if you ever get time

c23bda5810b1ce8ccdf40f595f4b59d1.jpg

I cast no judgements of morals...the money aside..to many women it's a power trip..an exhibition.a bit of danger can be intoxicating...as we all know...I wish you much success and most of all happiness : ) always.. ..PS..you have lovely skin..

I would suggest you to try find some more time to sleep  a bit more if you have the chance, because lack of sleep will mess with your mind and body (been there before). If you ever  want to go back to your regular sleep cycle, you should get some sleeping pills that contain melatonin, which is a hormone found in  your body and will help you re adjust your internal "clock".

Good luck!  :)

• Like 1

Almost regret this thread, but ty everyone.

Eh, don't regret it. It takes a seriously hefty set of balls to be open about something that's as controversial as that.

Anyone gives you problems about it, let me know. I believe the people of this clan to be respectful and understanding, anyone found not being so need a slap.

Oh, and as others have mentioned, try to get some more sleep. You'll end up screwing yourself over in the long run, if you don't.... there's a video done by ASAPScience on YouTube about sleep deprivation, might be worth a watch.

Most importantly; Have fun, and take care yourself.

• Like 4

You go Vix!

I just don't understand why don't you take dancing as an only job since it pays so much more? So that way you'll get to sleep too?
Do you have classes in pole dancing? I have always wanted to do that, better than go to the gym or something, that shit works your every muscle.

Good luck with it and DAMN YOUR ASS.

• Like 1

Thank you all.

I posted the pics more for proof than flaunting, but these are the responses I expected, so I'm very grateful.

I do realize I need more sleep. I only can on Sat and Sun mornings when I can sleep in from work and not work my day job. I speculate I'll put in my two weeks at my day job in the middle of next month and have my last day be June 1st.

Thing is, it wasn't a last resort. I initially applied because I needed to get out of the house and meet new people, not because I was desperate. As people (both patrons and dancers) started to like me, I got invited to their houses for pole practice and got more popular with clientele. (I actually lose money by not acting submissive, but I'm not stupid, so.)

Being a fairly small person in physique, I was able to learn quickly. It is fun other than a few bad apples in the bunch. I've developed regular customers that come to see me and they're sweethearts.. Though, although my financial life is very stable and I have relatively no struggles, my boyfriend (who supports me) says its taxing my body, and he's correct. I just can't quit so fast and easily without making sure I'm fully established just in case of worse-case-scenario.

@audrey: LOL, thank you for the compliment, it's good cushioning. And no, I didn't take pole classes - I self taught with private sessions with other dancers.

@Red: "Danger" in the aspect where I have to slap people if they touch me without consent. :)

Edit: And its stabilized my life immensely. I was able to buy my laptop and all its accessories, AND have a new Queen size bed and all its bedding just from working one weekend alone. We all have jobs, and we all must do what we can.

• Like 2

Any job not taking a toll on body\mind? Feel free to inform me of those:P And I´m pretty happy with current one.

And today I don´t see any real difference on strip dancer vs Jay-Lo-s latest music video;), most of them singers can´t sing in live anyways. So go figure it.

Have you seen this Ukrain talent show video? After that many suggested pole dancing should become new Olympic discipline:

amazing body control

3h a sleep a day? Thats a crazy stunt to perform every day:P

HVAC sales to strip dancer to funeral career. Well the last one I can´t understand :P

• Like 2

Have you seen this Ukrain talent show video? After that many suggested pole dancing should become new Olympic discipline:

amazing body control

Holy shite. To be honest, I would sell my soul and my firstborn to be able to do that.

• Like 1

:)

It is a very hard and under appreciated art form.

Although not many of the dancers in general see it as such, I like to think of myself of an entertainer that's just conveniently in lingerie.

Some see it as a form of seduction, but I view it as a form of exercise.

That's why it's irritating when people don't tip.

We're there to do a job and do it well. If you're up close and spectating such an event, we need to pay our bills too. ;)