How to reset my xp?

The Trooper

• Leader

Is there a way to reset my XP?. I am playing on Silent #1 Fun. I'd really love to start over again.

Thx..

The Trooper

If you have ever thought of joining FA someday, then resetting your xp to 0 is a bad idea, unless you can earn 40k xp quickly.  :)

• Like 1

If you have ever thought of joining FA someday, then resetting your xp to 0 is a bad idea, unless you can earn 40k xp quickly.   :)

As RedBaird said, you could try backuping up your etkey before doing that. Maybe copy it into another folder and rename it to the number of XP you have. Then you can go to F|A's etkey generator or etkey.org to get a new etkey and place it in your etmain folder so you can start over. If you have 40k or more XP in your previous etkey and plan to join F|A you can just switch the etkey. It requires more steps than doing !resetmyxp but atleast you get to have the option to restore your previous XP if you need it such as in F|A's application.

• Leader

As RedBaird said, you could try backuping up your etkey before doing that. Maybe copy it into another folder and rename it to the number of XP you have. Then you can go to F|A's etkey generator or etkey.org to get a new etkey and place it in your etmain folder so you can start over. If you have 40k or more XP in your previous etkey and plan to join F|A you can just switch the etkey. It requires more steps than doing !resetmyxp but atleast you get to have the option to restore your previous XP if you need it such as in F|A's application.

BlackKnight, that is a clever idea, except that if you don't visit an FA ET server for a month, the XP for that key is deleted from that server's records..  I think that the whole record for that etkey is deleted, else the databases for each server would grow too large over the months and years.

He could use your idea to "treat himself" every once in a while.   :)

BlackKnight, that is a clever idea, except that if you don't visit an FA ET server for a month, the XP for that key is deleted from that server's records..  I think that the whole record for that etkey is deleted, else the databases for each server would grow too large over the months and years.

He could use your idea to "treat himself" every once in a while.   :)

Thats true. I should have taken that into consideration. You really considered every aspects haha. Hmmm, maybe I should think of a solution to the problem. Maybe something that can switch etkeys that are backup quickly and show the status of when the etkey was last used. At least that should give the user enough information :). Although one obstacle would be how to make sure the usage of the etkey is on F|A ET Server as even if he switched his etkey but he did not connect to F|A server his XP will still be deleted. :(

Sorry I know this is off topic but can he connect to any F|A server to save his XP or must it be F|A Silent 1 if that is the particular server he usually plays on. Not sure whether the server cvar for XPSAVE is the same for each of the mod (or at least the effects are the same). Although, since F|A has many different servers with different mods I doubt all the servers are connected to a centralised database since each mod uses different ways of saving one's XP if i am not mistaken.

Edited by blackknight8653

He must connect to that server,

and the solution here is:

1. Take a screenshot of your current xp.

2. Use the !resetmyxp command.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help and suggestions :rolleyes: .

I already tried generating a new etkey, but as strange as it sound, it didnt change my xp?!

Do be sure, you are talking about the etkey file in "PATH\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain" or do you mean the file in "AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain"? I am on windows 8.1 .

Thank you.

Thanks for your help and suggestions :rolleyes: .

I already tried generating a new etkey, but as strange as it sound, it didnt change my xp?!

Do be sure, you are talking about the etkey file in "PATH\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain" or do you mean the file in "AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain"? I am on windows 8.1 .

Thank you.

That's because of silentID. You need to change it.

That's because of silentID. You need to change it.

I just deleted the etkey and the silent.dat file and I still have my xp.  :wacko:

Oh and I am playing fun #1 not silent #1. 

Edited by The Trooper