Upcoming ... CoD 4 #1 HC Abnerdog GAMING WEEKEND !!!

LA_Kings_Fan

Upcoming ... CoD 4 #1 HC Abnerdog GAMING WEEKEND !!!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Q #1: What types of specialty twists would you enjoy playing during the weekend ? Select as many as you want …

• - Play JUST TDM’s (team deathmatch) ONLY.
    • - Play JUST Objective’s (Search & Destroy, Domination, Sabotage and Headquarters) ONLY.
    • - Play JUST Free-for-All’s ONLY.
    • - Mix up the Game Styles … play Free-for-All’s, play TDM’s (team deathmatch), play Objective’s (Search & Destroy, Domination, Sabotage and Headquarters).
    • - Play a few rounds of Hide & Seek during the gaming weekend.
    • - Have Host MC CALL OUT the perks/class/specialty rules prior to each match … { such as PISTOLs ONLY, or Knifes Only, Bolt-Action Snipers Only, Use DEFAULT Demolitions Class Only, etc. } NOTE: Can’t force people to Do this, but make fun of them if not.
    • - Have Host MC alter in-game speed … so you run super fast and/or in slow motion at MC’s discretion.
    • - Have Host MC alter in-game gravity … so you jump super high and/or not at all at MC’s discretion.
    • - OTHER, _____________________________________________, please post YOUR Ideas.
  2. 2. Q #2: What MAP’s are your favorite and you would enjoy playing during the weekend ? or #21) Doesn't matter, play them ALL, just keep mixing them up ! Select as many as you want …

• - Ambush (mp_convoy)
    • - Backlot (mp_backlot)
    • - Bloc (mp_bloc)
    • - Bog (mp_bog)
    • - Broadcast (mp_broadcast)
    • - Chinatown (mp_carentan)
    • - Countdown (mp_countdown)
    • - Crash (mp_crash)
    • - Creek (mp_creek)
    • - Crossfire (mp_crossfire)
    • - District (mp_citystreets)
    • - Downpour (mp_farm)
    • - Killhouse (mp_killhouse)
    • - Overgrown (mp_overgrown)
    • - Pipeline (mp_pipeline)
    • - Shipment (mp_shipment)
    • - Showdown (mp_showdown)
    • - Strike (mp_strike)
    • - Vacant (mp_vacant)
    • - Wet Work (mp_cargoship)
  3. 3. Q #3: What do you think we can do long term to keep our CoD 4 servers vital and active ? Select as many as you want …

• - Host more Gaming Events like the one we’re trying to pull off with this one. If we can get proficient at doing them we should be able to host them at least quarterly, bi-monthly or maybe even monthly ?
    • - Look to increase donations from FA members and devote some of that money towards advertising our servers somewhere ?
    • - Just face facts, that CoD 4 is an older game with a dwindling player base and make the cutbacks to the dead servers as painful as it may be to lose some we enjoyed playing on.
    • - I didn’t know there was any problems or issues, now that I am aware, I’d be more willing to donate more of my time, efforts and/or money into helping keeping the FA CoD 4 servers going. You can count on me for ________________________ .
    • - OTHER, _____________________________________________, please post YOUR Ideas.

gettingstartedcod4_mainpage_cod4logo.png

Hello =F|A=mily { family if you don’t get it } ...

Just trying to let everyone know in advance we're trying to plan a CoD 4 GAME WEEKEND over on the CoD 4 #1 HC ABNERDOG Server soon.

The objective is of course to have fun and get everyone who plays on FA and CoD4 to come together on the server and on TeamSpeak to have an enjoyable time, but we’d also really like to use it as an opportunity to try and promote =F|A= and increase our recruiting efforts and get our Abnerdog and other CoD 4 servers some needed exposure to increase the number of regulars playing on them, so we are asking for some help from you guys to try and make this happen, and we’d appreciate some feedback from you if you wouldn’t mind, or even a helping hand if you’re able.

Here’s what we have in the works so far

-       The plan is to Host a Gaming Weekend on the CoD 4 #1 HC ABNERDOG Server

o    Server IP#:   108.61.21.94:28930    on  1.7 Patch  of CoD 4

§ Link #1 to CoD4 Patch update via FA Forums.

§ Link #2 to CoD4 Patch selector (1.0 – 1.7 UK Version changer) via FA Forums.

§ Link to Game @ AMAZON = $16 on sale

§ Link to Game @ STEAM = $20

§ Link to Game @ eBAY = $12.25 on sale

o    A majority of Regulars will be chatting it up on TeamSpeak during the event.

§ Server Name:  =F|A= Clan TeamSpeak   &  Server IP:   ts.clan-fa.com:4666

·          Link to TeamSpeak download via FA Forums

-       We are aiming for the April 10th thru 12th Weekend ( weekend after Easter )

o    IF we had to push the date back, when could you devote a weekend to participating?

o    Would after April 15th (TAX time here in the US) be a good weekend, and call it the “Death and Taxes Gaming Weekend”, you’ve paid your taxes so now is the time to do some Killing or Die, come join us on FA for …. yadda yadda promo tag line.

o    We want to have it all weekend long from Friday Night ‘til Sunday Night to give people from different countries and time zones an opportunity to join in.

-       We are working on trying to get another Clan to Co-Sponsor/Co-Host the weekend, and maybe they offer play on one of their servers of a different game that maybe FA doesn’t host currently, maybe like Battlefield 4, Diablo3, or DOTA 2 or ???

o    Current efforts are underway to develop a dialog and interest from the =AG= Clan, the [uN] Clan and the .$F# Clan if they would like to work with us on this.

-       We are also working on trying to get some Computer Gaming Manufacturer Support and/or Sponsorship as well, maybe in the form of some donated items we can offer up as PRIZES for participation in the event. Items like gaming mouse, mouse pads, keyboards, headsets, etc.

o    Current efforts are underway to develop a dialog and interest from Razor, Corsair, Cooler Master and MSI …

o    Obviously we can’t promise the Manufacturer Backing works out just yet, but we’re trying our best … IF it doesn’t work out, other ideas we had are Gift Card vouchers for say NewEgg.com or other Computer Outlet stores, or a Gift card for use on STEAM, or maybe a Donation to =F|A= in the winner’s name that comes with VIP membership for them for the year ? ( this way it helps support or FA servers and community as well as giving the winner something )

o    Would items like this entice you to devote time into our Gaming Weekend ?

o    What items would you like ?

o    What should be the award stipulations ? i.e. = longest kill streak, most overall kills, most deaths booby prize, IF it can be tracked how about 1 raffle ticket entry for every hour you are logged into the server playing and we’ll have a drawing after the event,  etc. Give us your ideas !

Here’s what we NEED from YOU if possible

-       FA Admins that can commit their time to helping out Moderate and help Host the event during the weekend. We need as many as possible from all time zones so that we can keep the event rolling 24 hrs across the entire weekend with as little dead /or un-moderated time as possible, let us know IF we can count on you ! We’d like to start putting a list together and add your name and time availability to it if we could.

-       Donations, either in the form of said computer gaming items we can offer up as giveaways, or in the form of cash money to be used towards Gift card vouchers or =F|A= VIP memberships depending on the way we end up going with the Prizes Awarded out.

-       Your assistance, if you have contacts with any gaming manufacturer representatives, or been in another Clan that you think would make a good tag team partner for FA to Co-Sponsor/Co-Host such a thing, I know one or two of you have some connections.

-       Your Friends and Gaming buddies, invite them to play, who knows maybe they can even win something or might want to end up joining FA too.

-       Your feedback in the Poll … tell us what we can do to produce the best results, insure good attendance, and increase the awareness and exposure of FA and our CoD 4 servers.

-       But mainly just YOU to be there for the event, to have fun and enjoy being a part of =F|A=.

NOTES on the POLL ... 

- Q #1 ... IF you have other Ideas, please post them in this thread, all good and plausible ideas will be considered.

Q #2 ... Poll Questions are limited to 20 responses, so I couldn't add #21 which should be - Doesn’t matter, play them ALL, just keep mixing them up. So if this is your best choice, please let us know by posting in the thread as well. 

Q #3 ... We all love playing CoD 4 and don’t want to lose the ability to play it with our =F|A= brothers and sisters, but we have 8 servers with only 2 of them receiving decent population amounts to justify their expenditure, and one of those is the shared server that as best as I can tell barely any FA members regularly play so we can’t really take credit for its success, as it seems that the .$F# clan is that servers main population. Therefore it’s clear moving forward at some point changes need to be made to minimize the financial waste being put into servers that are just not being utilized, so what do you think we can do long term to keep our CoD 4 servers vital and active  ? Select as many as you want …  This isn't to scare you guys, nothing will happen overnight, but long term something needs to happen, either adjustments to the quantity of servers or their use (change game played on the server), or we need to find more ways and avenues to afford the ever growing cost expenditures. 

Thank You,

-       Ash  ( =F|A=LA_Kings_Fan )

cod4b.png

Edited by KILLERGUN
  • Like 8

You forgot Winter Crash. As well as would be fun to mix up game types, FFA, TDM, and such, as well as doing specific things, like Bolts only or what not.

Good job with the post. and I like the vote thing. in that  way we can see what is that our members are looking for in some of our server but in this case amberdog(says Chip)

Again ... 20 limit for replies (so ran out), and since WINTER Crash is CRASH with snow and sound effects ... meh :rolleyes:  ... plus, IMO we should save Winter Crash for around the Winter Holidays  :spank

I WANT WINTER CRASH YEAR ROUND! Lol. I live in Arizona. Snow? We don't get that lovely thing in this POS state. So I wanna play it hahaha.

• Like 1

LOL ... fine ... Amendment to Poll Q#2 add response option #22 - WINTER Crash for those dealing with Heat stroke for living in the freaking desert with 100 degree heat in the middle of winter.  :crazy

Happy ?   :cheers

• Like 1

Mixing up the game types would be fun, as would playing maps we don't usually get to see..

These best way to keep a server vital and active is to keep it fun and fair for guests. Good admins are the first step. Holding this type of event is certainly a great way to get the general public involved, but we would need to advertise on the servers as well as the forums.

Im sure this has come up before, but a server with custom maps might interest some people.

I used to hold what I called "Operations" where teams would prepare in advance for a special op type match with pre-set objectives. More of an internal clan type thing, but was fun.

TCC league play can also be a good way to keep activity up. Again more of an internal clan thing. We put a team together that practices and competes.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Yes , Mixing game types would indeed be fun , Not many people like the endless Tdm matches where their team mates keep blocking doorways in order to camp and gain most kills

We could also have clan wars in order to keep things up and going , this will also hep with the advertisement and promotion of our clan and servers and also we can put htis up as an advertisement on our populated servers cause some of the server regulars on servers like beginners and soft core DONT EVEN KNOW we have a hc server 

Some good ideas guys, but as far as "clan wars" or joining in "competitive leagues", it's my understanding that is not the direction that =F|A= wants to go, they want a more laid-back, non-competitive, friendly atmosphere where players of all skill levels can come relax, hang out and play ... and frankly I agree that makes for a more fun and inviting Clan to entice a wider audience as a whole. But appreciate the idea and feedback very much, as in some regards that's what the HC Abnerdog server is somewhat setup to play like with the elimination of the majority of the noob style perks, and we also have a Pro-Mod style server that I don't think is even on our CoD 4 Servers List page ? So if that's the style of game play you enjoy you should check out and help camp those servers to repopulate them.

=F|A= HC "Abnerdog" NO Marty, NO LS, NO GL Tube Server = Server IP: 108.61.21.94:28930

=F|A= Pro-Mod Server = Server IP: 108.61.21.94:28940

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan
  • Like 1

http://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Scrim

There is no official =F|A= Scrim team.

=F|A= Members, if you want to scrim or matches against another teams, please drop our tags while scrimming and then play so that you don't officially represent our community. Once the match is over, you can always use our tags. We just don't want anyone representing us in any clan scrim/matches, etc.

In our past experience, scrimming/clan wars has always end up with ego war or verbal fights. =F|A= is fun clan where friends play online games together for enjoyment!

EDIT: Just to clarify; this isn't just for the ET side of FA. This goes for every FA member :)

Edited by Heretic121

TCC is an official dedicated clan completion organization. There are strict rules regarding conduct and all teams are very professional. TCC has it's own servers where the matches take place. I'm not pushing the issue, just saying.

As for question #2, I think during the regular time ie;now. We should keep a limited map rotation that changes monthly or quarterly.  During the gaming weekend, we should have a rotation of all maps and game styles just to keep it interesting.  I'll try to be available to help out keep us informed as to when.

I'll try to be available to help out keep us informed as to when.

Will do ... right now  the plan is to proceed with the weekend of April 10th thru 12th ( weekend after Easter ) even if that means we can't yet get another Clan involved or get Gaming Manufacturer donations in this one event, however we should still have some items and cash donated towards the event as a few members have offered, so we should still have some prizes to give away for joining in that weekend. IF anyone else wants to support the effort please send Myself, Diggity, A_Snake or soulJAHmon a PM about it.

Also it doesn't mean we're giving up on having future events like this involving other similar Clans as ours, and we will continue to try and develop relationships with Gaming manufacturers in hopes of some mutual advertising benefits for =F|A= hopefully.

Several Companies are drifting away with partnering with clans, but it would be nice if we could start some more competitive environments for all of our games. Donations for prizes and clan titles our "reward/ badge system" would be nice and could help grow the clan in numbers and strengthen the community more than it already is. I am not pressing towards the clan as a whole becoming competitive, but it would be nice to have an " elite / tryout' team for some of the more competitive games. adding a competition section to the forum would be nice for some of our more seasoned gamers.   

PS : If ANYONE has been involved with a sponsored clan, and left in good standings, try to arrange some matches together!