SiD Plays: Bioshock Infinite

SiD

Running this game alongside my Saints Row 3 playthrough. Will post parts as they are uploaded. Review at the end.

Youtube users feel free to subscribe or like for updates!

Type: First Person Shooter, Story Driven, Sci-fi
Dev: Irrational Games
Publisher: 2K
Steam Price: $29.99 ($49.99 for season pass bundle)
Lowest: $7.99 (14.99 for bundle)
Bundled?: 3 times.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/

Pros: Amazing Story. Amazing Story. AMAZING STORY.

Cons: Linear gameplay. Limited weapon inventory.

About This GameIndebted to the wrong people, with his life on the line, veteran of the U.S. Cavalry and now hired gun, Booker DeWitt has only one opportunity to wipe his slate clean. He must rescue Elizabeth, a mysterious girl imprisoned since childhood and locked up in the flying city of Columbia. Forced to trust one another, Booker and Elizabeth form a powerful bond during their daring escape. Together, they learn to harness an expanding arsenal of weapons and abilities, as they fight on zeppelins in the clouds, along high-speed Sky-Lines, and down in the streets of Columbia, all while surviving the threats of the air-city and uncovering its dark secret. Key Features
  • The City in the Sky – Leave the depths of Rapture to soar among the clouds of Columbia. A technological marvel, the flying city is a beautiful and vibrant world that holds a very dark secret.
  • Unlikely Mission – Set in 1912, hired gun Booker DeWitt must rescue a mysterious girl from the sky-city of Columbia or never leave it alive.
  • Whip, Zip, and Kill – Turn the city’s Sky-Lines into weaponized roller coasters as you zip through the flying city and dish out fatal hands-on punishment.
  • Tear Through Time – Open Tears in time and space to shape the battlefield and turn the tide in combat by pulling weapons, turrets, and other resources out of thin air.
  • Vigorous Powers – Throw explosive fireballs, shoot lightning, and release murders of crows as devastatingly powerful Vigors surge through your body to be unleashed against all that oppose you.
  • Custom Combat Experience – With deadly weapons in one hand, powerful Vigors in the other, and the ability to open Tears in time and space, fight your own way through the floating city of Columbia to rescue Elizabeth and reach freedom.
  • 1999 Mode – Upon finishing BioShock Infinite, the player can unlock a game mode called “1999 Mode” that gives experienced players a taste of the kind of design and balance that hardcore gamers enjoyed back in the 20th century.

• Like 4

Yeah they really set the stage lol

Very story driven game. The actual gameplay can be a little underwhelming, but it's the story that kept me going. As long as Youtube doesn't cock out on me I'll be posting more parts in the next few days.

• Like 1

Yeah they really set the stage lol

Very story driven game. The actual gameplay can be a little underwhelming, but it's the story that kept me going. As long as Youtube doesn't cock out on me I'll be posting more parts in the next few days.

Well I can't wait to watch the rest of it!

• Platinum VIP

Downloaded the first Bioshock yesterday based on your comments about this one.  So far so good!

• 3 weeks later...

I played this game when it first came out and loved it. It does have quite a long story line and to me felt like the wanted to end it so suddenly. Never having played the prior BioShocks I was very engaged in this and bought the other games in this franchise. My favorite part about the game was anticipating the next special ability that i could acquire. I disliked however only being allowed to use two at a time. There were times when the game play was too fast for my stubby fingers and when I wanted to switch and use a different special I couldn't. 

Another great thing about this game is the thrill of jumping from one platform to another or taking the "lines" and jumping off at spots. It's like riding a roller coaster virtually. Plus when riding the rails you have the ability to shoot your weapon as well and I've always been attracted to the run and gun features of a game. 

Another great thing is the variety of weapons that you can use the accessibility of them. You can find them here and there. But what I really didn't care for or find useful are the like ghost structures and supplies. They had no purpose to me, other then to take my time in game play and being unsheltered from the gun fire to "turn on."

Again its been a while since I played the game, so pardon this slight review. :P

Though Infinite has more alive people in it, still the world feels more empty than the last 2 parts. Though it looks very nice and is still interesting. I don´t really miss the whole aresenal of weapons at players disposal as I concentrated in last 2 parts on 1 or 2  guns at a time anyways. And you can still pick up different weapons throughout the map, even too often for me.

What PC are you playing it on and what FPS do you get? I got average 170FPS with r9 290. What I discovered is that ticking V-sync off makes the game much more smoother and responsive, in all 3 parts.

Though Infinite has more alive people in it, still the world feels more empty than the last 2 parts. Though it looks very nice and is still interesting. I don´t really miss the whole aresenal of weapons at players disposal as I concentrated in last 2 parts on 1 or 2  guns at a time anyways. And you can still pick up different weapons throughout the map, even too often for me.

What PC are you playing it on and what FPS do you get? I got average 170FPS with r9 290. What I discovered is that ticking V-sync off makes the game much more smoother and responsive, in all 3 parts.

I play on my laptop, an ASUS ROG machine, and I think I averaged 225-250 fps. It was pretty smooth for my gameplay all the way through. Just clumsy with the keys.