SSD question really fast Please....

Ok I just bought a larger ssd 256 gig I need to install.  The new puter has a SSD 128 with the OS allready and a 1T 7200 rpm second drive.  Now I want to install this 3rd harddrive.  SO give me some advise. ALl I want to do is install it and use it as a hard drive so total 3. Just install it and turn it on and it will find it end of story?  Or will I have to go into bios and fluck with it?  Remember the first ssd allready has the 8.1 on it.  I just want this new one to be for storage.   Thanks will be watching thanks.

• Administrators

Explain more a bit.

You have SSD A with 8.1 installed. Now you got SSD B and would like to use it for storage as well like HD A with 1TB? 

Explain more a bit.

You have SSD A with 8.1 installed. Now you got SSD B and would like to use it for storage as well like HD A with 1TB? 

ssd 128 gig with os on it, and hhd 1T second, is allready in the computer.  NOw I bought 256 ssd i want to install as a 3rd storage just for some games

• Administrators

Sure. Just install it and it will work fine. Might have to install firmware for it once you plugin the hard drive. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. Well you should actually clone 128GB and move OS to 256GB one. This way all remains on one hard drive and then create back up image of it and store it on 1TB one. Whenever something goes wrong load up from image and re install. You are good to go. 

• Like 2

i have in my PC 256GB SSD for OS, 128GB SSD for Steam games and 250GB HDD for other stuff + 3 TB in my home network

also no problems to install several SSD or HDD in one system

i have in my PC 256GB SSD for OS, 128GB SSD for Steam games and 250GB HDD for other stuff + 3 TB in my home network

also no problems to install several SSD or HDD in one system

ok having problems its pluged in to satta port and power. turn on puter load it and it does not show any new hardware or drive still just the orininal ones/  Help...  Do i need to trun something on in the bios for the sata? grrrrrrrrrrr

I don´t see the reason to have OS reinstalled to bigger SSD, as somebody pointed out its better to have OS on little SSD, so if anything goes wrong you´d only have to install Win again and all the other programs would stay intact on other HDD\SSD.

Steam\Origin can be set to install or link games to other hard drives without problems also. And I don´t see why any other programs can´t be dealt the same way...

Thats how I tested HD vs SSD performance with same games.(If any1 is interested then I didn´t find any boost on load up times, at least on my list of games: Crysis3, Watchdogs and 3-4 more)