Members and server regular submit your GUID

daredevil

• Administrators

We are planning to add new system by which your level will be based on GUID submitted on forum. With time many members and regulars have changed their GUID. In shrubbot their are tons of junk GUID. It's been 1 year and I am planning to do some clean up on old GUID which are not in use any more.

You can submit your 8 character GUID here:

https://fearless-assassins.com/settings/

All, ET and COD 4 members need to submit their GUID.

I strongly suggest if you are server regular and applied for membership or your have admin level on our server please update your GUID also.

Your submitted GUID can be seen publicly but this is safe. Any player can see anybody's 8character GUID in /pb_plist & /pb_alist as the last 8 characters are not considered to be 'sensitive data' by PunkBuster. Only full 32character GUIDs are sensitive data, so do not submit full the 32-character GUID! Last 8 characters only!.

Their is no estimated date when new system will be in action but I do guarantee that if the GUID is not submitted in due time of 14 days you will loose your admin level or may be even XP on jaymod servers.

We are also planning to modify our sexy roster with few more fine details.

The only exception to above rule is Savage because he can't access forums.

Thank you.

Edit:

Here is how you can get your GUID.

-- For ET---

1. Start the Game.

2. Open console using ~ key.

3. Type /clear and then /cl_guid  {edited 2016}

4. Then type /condump myguid.txt

Close ET. Look in your etmain folder and you will file name myguid.txt. Open it and you will see your GUID in it. Submit the last 8 characters in your profile.

You can see a live video of the process for W:ET here:  {2016: use /cl_guid instead of /pb_myguid}

Update 2020 New Video Tutorial

For COD4.

1. Start the Game and enter a PunkBuster enabled server.

2. Open the console by pressing Shift+~.

3. Type pb_myguid and press Enter.

4. Copy your GUID on paper and add it in your profile.

While in a =F|A= CoD4 server you may also use the !me command to get your GUID.

IMP NOTE: Make sure you don't miss any character or enter wrong one and if you do only you will not have admin level. smile.gif

Edited by Professor Tony
Added New Video Tutorial
  • 100 1

hello i have some "Noob" questions :

1- What is the purpose of the GUID?

2- On June i will be moving out to Albuquerque, New Mexico , i will Probably gonna get a new computer , So that means that i will have a new GUID? or is there a way to keep my current GUID?

3- What does GUID stand for ? lol

:thanks

hello i have some "Noob" questions :

1- What is the purpose of the GUID?

2- On June i will be moving out to Albuquerque, New Mexico , i will Probably gonna get a new computer , So that means that i will have a new GUID? or is there a way to keep my current GUID?

3- What does GUID stand for ? lol

:thanks

GUID stands for Globally Unique Identifier. ET is a free game, so there aren't any serial numbers or such, but your GUID is similar to one. As its name implies, it is unique to you and you only. When you install ET, PB generates an "etkey," which is a small file in your ET folder that contains your GUID, admin levels, XP, etc. If you are getting a new computer, you should save your etkey from your old computer if you want to keep your admin levels and XP. You can do this by right-clicking on your Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory shortcut, clicking on Open File Location, opening the etmain folder, and scrolling down until you find the etkey file. Simply save it to a flash drive or disc, and you're good to go.

• 1 year later...

Hello^^

Regarding my COD4 Guid, i do get 2 different GUIDs using the !me command compared to using /pb_myguid on the server^^

According to !me its "45de5f91" and pb_myguid gives me: "97555b14"^^

Happy *in'

Hello^^

Regarding my COD4 Guid, i do get 2 different GUIDs using the !me command compared to using /pb_myguid on the server^^

According to !me its "45de5f91" and pb_myguid gives me: "97555b14"^^

Happy *in'

First one was used today on {RaW} (81.19.212.60:28940) by an =F|A=kami

Second one I can find no trace of.

• 4 weeks later...

GUID stands for Globally Unique Identifier. ET is a free game, so there aren't any serial numbers or such, but your GUID is similar to one. As its name implies, it is unique to you and you only. When you install ET, PB generates an "etkey," which is a small file in your ET folder that contains your GUID, admin levels, XP, etc. If you are getting a new computer, you should save your etkey from your old computer if you want to keep your admin levels and XP. You can do this by right-clicking on your Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory shortcut, clicking on Open File Location, opening the etmain folder, and scrolling down until you find the etkey file. Simply save it to a flash drive or disc, and you're good to go.

Hi

What is the file name of the EYKEY file, I am using Linux...cant find it until this time.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hellreturn/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1759) : eval()'d code on line 958

Someone said the link doesn't work, and when I click it, I get the above error, and the edit my profile stops before contact methods.

post-710-0-63759000-1427826308_thumb.png

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hellreturn/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1759) : eval()'d code on line 958

Someone said the link doesn't work, and when I click it, I get the above error, and the edit my profile stops before contact methods.

Tell him to try in using a different skin in case he uses the carbon blue.

By following the tutorial I had two issues that I want to expose here, in order that I can help other players.

First of all, I was not able to obtain the GUID because punkbuster was not enable. To activate the punkbuster must access the command line and type: / pb_cl_enable - With the punkbuster enable you should have no problems to obtain your GUID.

Then, I don't know why, I never get the .txt file with the GUID, anyway, if you look, when you write / pb_myguid you already get the GUID in the command line. It's not as practical as having a .txt file with the number, but you can get it in it ;).

Hope my issues can help you!

/condump guid.txt

Then, I don't know why, I never get the .txt file with the GUID, anyway, if you look, when you write / pb_myguid you already get the GUID in the command line. It's not as practical as having a .txt file with the number, but you can get it in it ;).