My thoughts on Dirty Bomb

Yeah but you can have more than one aura during a match, right? On each team to balance shit out?

yes, it's all matter of skill in the end.

• Like 1

Gonna have to check this out. I used to love ET but insane medic rating drove me away years ago.

COD is a fun series, but the lack of objectives gets stale after a while. Wouldn't mind an ET clone that's improved for a more modern time. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed the test. I would say it's a classic splash damage game rather than ET clone though. In fact the game is much closer to Brink than ET as you cannot sprint in all directions and shoot, you can iron sight zoom for all guns, and you can do a small wall jump similar to the parkour Brink was pushing for. However with that said I would say that Dirty Bomb is definitely more competitive based than Brink was, as Brink was more of a pub fest due to the Maps. 

I didn't feel as though there was any gun vastly superior as you said the shotgun was but each gun in it's own was the best at certain ranges as it should be. Up close the shotgun rapes, medium range it stands a chance, and good luck doing more than 10% of a guys health at long range per hit. Assault rifles were good at all ranges but never the best in any category as the MG's take the mid range and snipers at long. Both strafe shooting and iron sighting were effective which I thoroughly enjoyed. Most games emphasize one or the other and this game promoted both depending on the range.  

In terms of classes I felt that Proxy was too fast, her movement was so quick it looked jittery and she could run circles around most other classes. I think that Fragger was a bit too slow and could take way to much damage. There were sometimes I would put at least 10+ hits into one before he would drop. The sniper was also a bit strong for the body shots, but the 1 shot head shot was fine. A sniper doing 90% of your life with a body shot is dumb when it's so easy to pull off. I was decimating pretty much everyone I came across, dropping 40+ kill rounds and 7-8 man aces using well placed airstrikes and good aim against a mix of high mid and low skilled players but I was more cautious of fighting a mid skilled sniper at medium range than a top skilled rifle. There needs to be more of an incentive on the importance of a head shot than just putting a teammate on the corner to finish them off after you collect the easy bodies. 

Aura was mentioned on how strong her ability was, but I thought she was rather ineffective when countered properly. When ever I encountered a group with an Aura camp at a choke point, I simply used fragger to decimate the group. If they want to stand on some stupid healing turret, then I will simply frag nade all of them, then mow them down with the MG, it never failed. 

The maps were nice, Chapel being one of my favorite maps was a bit unfair to the attackers. Arty and Airstrikes could easily lock down the EV, which is why I think they should allow for at least 2 people to help repair the EV to speed the process up instead of just one. The EV repair was simply too slow since a team could stack one healer and a couple of airstrikes to keep the EV slowed enough for an easy win.

The map where you had to take the forward spawn then c4 the water pipes was cool but I felt like the map entirely depended on how phase one went. If defense could hold the first few attacks and setup there was almost no way offense could get in and take the forward spawn. With that said if offense took the forward spawn the last phase was almost impossible for defense to hold against the c4. I felt like the map was completely unbalanced on the 2 main objectives making it a terrible map, but it did offer some good fighting encounters.  

Trainyard was fun too, but the last phase was horrific, defense spawned way to close to the objective and only lost it if they pushed too far away. Offense had to run a mile just to get there. I thought the first 2 phases were great as it offered many ways to hold the objective but were not lock downs by any means. 

The Crate level was probably the best map, I saw too many baddies get held at the first phase but that's because they were playing it dumb. However if the map made it to phase 3, things got intense. Many c4 plants and defuses and constant battles at the objective. This map required an immense amount of mobile teamwork and I feel if Dirty Bomb could implement more maps like this then they may really have a comp scene. 

The game is definitely worth trying when it releases, I hope they didn't release all the content in the beta because it does lack maps and could use more classes along with an invite system for matchmaking. I couldn't figure out how to invite friends to group but maybe there was one. 

Edited by Raider-
  • Like 2

I enjoyed the test. I would say it's a classic splash damage game rather th...................

I agree with you, this is what probably what the developers had in mind originally for brink. Chapel map was also my favorite, it reminds me a lot of supply depot in terms of the intensity that I have when playing this map. I never saw a team win the last phase of trainyard on a balanced match, I only saw victories on weak teams vs strong ones.

Did you got any obsidian loadouts?

I really liked the introduction video the have now. But what's the point of giving closed beta players obsidian cards if they are gonna reset your levels everytime they open the beta?

normally if you played during one of the stresstests (couple weeks ago) you receive one obsidian card now. And now they wont reset levels anymore i think, since they're not taking it offline again.

dl'd this yesterday, if someone can't advise a noob where is good to play I'd appreciate it xD