Punkbuster Version

Mycrofte
Go to solution Solved by RedBaird,

I had to reinstall Windows 7 and can't get half of the ET stuff to work.

I installed the Jaymod stuff but it doesn't show up in the MOD menu

Also, the new version of punkbuster has a game list but no ET in the list. How am I supposed to get it to work?

Thanks

• Leader
  • Solution

Second Draft :) , in more logical order.

Punkbuster quit supporting ET several years ago.  Did you save your etkey and did you put it back into the "\etmain" folder?  If not, you can use the FA ETkey generator: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/200-how-to-get-a-new-etkey-guid-since-pb-dropped-et-support/ to create a new one and download it.

If you downloaded and installed Jaymod manually, as from the FA Downloads:  http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/432-jaymod-220/  (Jay 2.2.0), then that file unzips as a folder, which you place into your WolfensteinET folder.    If you put your jaymod folder into the wrong folder, such as etmain, then it won't show up on the ET Mods menu.

I installed my ET in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\".  "(x86)" is 64-bit Win 7 usage.  It is just "Program Files" if you have the 32-bit OS.  (Default partition is C:\)

My Jaymod is in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod".  
My etkey file is in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain".

I you ever reinstall ET, then connecting to an FA Jaymod server will automatically download and "install" the latest Jaymod version.
Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 4

• Leader

I had windows fail like that.  The system may offer to run chkdsk /f the next time you boot.  My system totally quit after I went through that routine several times: "boot fail, run chkdsk, boot ok".  

I had already put a copy of "LiveCD" on a CD.  It is a bootable-from-CD version of Linux.

I was able to boot the computer from the CD and then copy all the data on the HD to an external HD.  This is easier than taking the HD out and putting it into another computer to copy your data.

I have an automatic online backup service, but I should also be using my local external HDs as backup, like I used to.  The online services are seductively easy, but you never save everything to them.   :)