Tell me about your gas prices!!!! Are you happy?

Elf

NO.

I am not happy with liquid gold being sold for peanuts, even when it does me benefit.

I am not happy with people being encouraged to use their cars instead of public transport and I am not happy with us taking the opportunity away from future generations to use gas for the immense amount of applications it has (medicines, for instance).

Sorry for this negative input.

• Like 1

NO.

I am not happy with liquid gold being sold for peanuts, even when it does me benefit.

I am not happy with people being encouraged to use their cars instead of public transport and I am not happy with us taking the opportunity away from future generations to use gas for the immense amount of applications it has (medicines, for instance).

That is a valid view! It is a pitty all the valuable material is just burned in such amounts. Be most welcome to move 200km north and pay the highest gas price in the world and still nobody uses public transport :/

• Like 1

That is a valid view! It is a pitty all the valuable material is just burned in such amounts. Be most welcome to move 200km north and pay the highest gas price in the world and still nobody uses public transport :/

Because public transport is even more expensive in holland :P

• Like 1

NO.

Wow I love that and I agree with you... Ok I can ride any bus any train in our 1.5 million area for free...and they go all over the place.  lol   I work the transit department, so this week I'm taking the train to work!

• Like 1

Wait til refining oil becomes unprofitable in the usa, a lot of people going to be hurting.

I don't think oil refining will become unprofitable - at least not for quite a while. (I'd assume 10 years or more)

People will always need oil/gasoline for their vehicles.

We don't really have quite sustainable, energy-efficient cars (electric cars, etc).

They want us to continue using cars that require gasoline because that's how people make money.

There aren't cars that are sustainable and can drive long distances without needing recharging because these companies want to keep us in gasoline cars.

We talked about this in my economics class last month.

My professor said gas prices were so low in hopes that people would spend more of their money shopping, and have to spend less on gas traveling to shopping destinations over the holidays.

I don't think oil refining will become unprofitable - at least not for quite a while. (I'd assume 10 years or more)

People will always need oil/gasoline for their vehicles.

We don't really have quite sustainable, energy-efficient cars (electric cars, etc).

They want us to continue using cars that require gasoline because that's how people make money.

There aren't cars that are sustainable and can drive long distances without needing recharging because these companies want to keep us in gasoline cars.

We talked about this in my economics class last month.

My professor said gas prices were so low in hopes that people would spend more of their money shopping, and have to spend less on gas traveling to shopping destinations over the holidays.

Yes but in regards to the oil industry in the us, if it goes below $40 dollars a barrell, experts have claimed that it will no longer be profitable for refining oil in the united states. This means all the jobs in the refining will be let go and plus all the jobs associated with it, many jobs. This is why OPEC is not cutting back on their supply they have the reserves to take the hit on the oil, in the meantime, we don't so at some point we will be cutting back on production because the money isn't there. 

So yes good for consumer, but in the long run, not so good. Can't spend money if you don't have a job. 

Just my two cents.

• Administrators

NO.

I believe it's all about politics... Russia vs USA.  Prices are gonna go back up. Let this year go by. Next year they gonna go up pretty badly. I believe by the end of this year it will go up. 1980 politics back again. 

• Like 3

It's all about OPEC showing us who is boss.  But don't worry.

Remember the study done in 2011 when oil was at $75.00 a barrel.  The oil companies, here in the USA,

were making $600,000,000 in excess profits that year, all off of us.

I just read the other day, that even at $45 a barrel,  the oil companies are still making plenty of profit.  But,

they are going to stop the fracking and lay off many well personnel until things settle down. In the mean time

OPEC is going to keep producing and shipping more oil.

I also saw today that even though gas is cheap, people are still not driving that much.  But it is winter.

If these prices stay this way through summer,  the wheels on my motorhome will be going round and round.

ooooh rah

• Like 2