Bogus DHT counts

When I restart it goes to load ET then it stops

On top its flashing in Red this: Bogus DHT counts

Just started tonight ..

????? Don't know what to do.

Elf

Thank-you for any input....

• Like 1

UPDATED: I swicthed main cables for my displays and that seemed to work  and I rebooted the computer, it's loading now with no problems!!!!

• Leader

I googled for "Bogus DHT Counts" and a lot of gamers have posted similar complaints.

DHT seems to stand for Defined Huffman Table.  Huffman Tables are very commonly used in compression algorithms and other symbolic-handling routines.

I think that the "Bogus Counts" means that the Index value that the code tried to access the Table with was outside the range of the table.  The code was trying to access an invalid address.   :)

Questions:

What kind of video cables are you using.

Your wording implies that it happened more than once.  Did you try rebooting before changing the cable?

I found an interesting "JPEG Huffman Coding Tutorial":  http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/jpeg-huffman-coding.html which shows why programmers love the code-libraries that come with modern languages.  :D

• Clan Friend

did you change anything in your config recently? downloaded some pk3?

sounds like an error while decompressing a jpg image, perhaps a corrupt pk3 file with textures or other similar thing.

that message comes from the game itself, not from the drivers, I don't know how you fixed it but if it works now, then good :)

I swicthed video cables with main display I didn't reboot the computer but since then I rebooted the computer and looked at the cfg file and looked at all the files looks ok now.  And ET plays ffine now. Very stange... Back to gaming! :)

Thanks again.

I googled for "Bogus DHT Counts" and a lot of gamers have posted similar complaints.

DHT seems to stand for Defined Huffman Table.  Huffman Tables are very commonly used in compression algorithms and other symbolic-handling routines.

I think that the "Bogus Counts" means that the Index value that the code tried to access the Table with was outside the range of the table.  The code was trying to access an invalid address.   :)

Questions:

What kind of video cables are you using.

Your wording implies that it happened more than once.  Did you try rebooting before changing the cable?

I found an interesting "JPEG Huffman Coding Tutorial":  http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/jpeg-huffman-coding.html which shows why programmers love the code-libraries that come with modern languages.   :D

I looked that up too thanks for the info... JPEG Huffman Coding Tutorial" pretty cool stuff too :)