Anyone in HR or recruitment here?

Ktom

Hi

I am trying to reinvent myself a little and could do with some advice if anyone has any?

Basically, I thought I would ask here to see if anyone is in HR or recruitment and maybe they could have a look at my resume or possibly give me some pointers for a new direction in my career or revamp my resume/CV.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess. I am not after an overhaul, just some pointers to help me in the right direction.

• Like 2

been doing this for 20+ years, but basically...

your resume should highlight your accomplishments of where you've worked, not so much what you did there. you want to get their attention.

as an example, you increased sales by 35% in 2014, or saved your employer $50,000 by negotiating with a new supplier, etc.

1. list your education first if possible - eg. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science - Georgia Tech, 2014. show any courses you have taken or are currently enrolled in. even upgrades with 2 or 3 day courses you've taken helps.

2. list your employers with most recent first, showing month/year you were employed there. keep it positive and point form, not in paragraphs. if there are gaps between positions, be prepared to explain why.

some people show 'Interests' at the bottom, like sports or photography. it doesnt matter. they just want to know you can do the job you apply for.

a cover letter should be tailored to each separate position you apply for. it should be kept to 3 paragraphs - desire and interest in the position, why you feel you are qualified and last, how you look forward to speaking with someone at that company. at the bottom of your cover letter show your email address, cell and home phone number.

also, try to keep it to 2 or 3 pages max. anything longer and it becomes a book and the viewer loses interest.

g/l. shoot me a message if you need anything.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...