...ET runs way too fasst

sketchy

i cant be alone in this, but tried a few times....this game runs far too fast  totally UNPLAYABLE! 

(Also...mouse wanders in menus only.)

Im certain its a software prob, and NOT my machine, because all is well on this end.

iM ON 8.1 WIN....PC IS 1 YR OLD / perhaps theres a fix?

I THANK U TOO MUCH   FOR IDEAS.....

Imagine playing a game. Imagine having a fast forward button. Imagine have it stuck on fast forward.

That, I'm sure, is the issue he's having. Happens to older games on newer rigs. Not sure how to fix it though. I believe it has something to do with how many cores your processor is running. 

Try opening task manager (ctrl-alt-delete) and set ET's affinity to use only 1 core. That's helped people in the past for certain games.

Outside of that, not sure.

Edited by SiD

If you're playing on Beginner's #1, aka Jay3, there is fast shooting enabled along with adrenaline... perhaps you could try out Jay 1 or 2, which are more "normal" settings.

• Clan Friend

Imagine playing a game. Imagine having a fast forward button. Imagine have it stuck on fast forward.

in my case it looks more like a slideshow :D

but I think he talks about mouse sensitivity, I'm not sure... the game itself should run at the same speed on every machine

• Leader

His problem sounds like the old SpeedCheat that plagued Quake2 servers when it came out.  It was said to reset the Windows Clock and the player could zoom through the maps and past the other players.  I don't mean just "2x", but more like it was adjustable to over "50x+".

I would think that games as modern as RTCW and ET would have counter-measures built in, even if the OS does not.

@sketchy, can you make a demo?  I don't know if it would show us anything, but it might be very interesting!  :)

• Clan Friend

His problem sounds like the old SpeedCheat that plagued Quake2 servers when it came out.

on ET it's impossible to move faster

well, some players move less smoothly (15 maxpackets :censored users, etc.) but the distance covered in the long run will be the same

you can play with lots of fps but your game speed will be the same, unless the game has problems getting the frame time and all the timings needed (not really likely to happen), but the server will prevent you from having a faster timescale

unless he tells us what's 'too fast' exactly (mouse movement?) it's hard to guess

• Like 1

....this game runs far too fast  totally UNPLAYABLE! 

This must be the first time in the history of ET that sentence was formed :P

I guess too that he's talking about sensitivity, but who knows

• Like 2