Improve your skill. - Enemy Territory

Sunil Kumar

There are many questions posted about "how to play better", "how can I frag",

and there are as many answers and tutorials.. but one thing that is common in all FPS games winners and that is not much spoken is

your attitude.. not if you get along with other players but your attitude towards the game..

so where are a few tips.. that may help you became a better player

If this was real life.. I would agree that you only have one life.. so you should spare it..

But this is a game, and never have I seen a game where you get rewarded by not dying.. games always score your kills.. so..

GET KILLS.. you can be killed as many times as you like.. as long as you kill more..

this may seem a simple observation but means a lot in terms of attitude.. in every game you see new guys hiding in corners and windows.. trying to make kills without dying.. but you never see a pro doing it..

if you are hiding and you see someone passing by don't thing "i'm gonna wait for him to pass again, and see if I can take him"..

GO after him.. BE THE HUNTER.. if you go after him, 2 thing may happen, you kill him.. good.. he kills you.. so what.. you have to wait 10 seconds to respawn.. nothing lost.. but if you had killed him you had all to gain..

If you can see him, he can see you.

If you thing you are safe in one spot.. making a lot of kills.. thing again.. the rule cant get any simpler..

if you can see someone to make a shot.. means someone can see you.. even if its just 1 pixel on the screen.. and thats all it takes..

so basically there is no "safe" spots.. and as long as you are in the same place you are a sitting duck.. you may have killed the guy the first time.. but if he is a smart player he will probably find a way to kill you without getting into your line of sight..

this means.. KEEP ON THE RUN.. finding new preys... because if you killed someone in 1 spot.. when he re-spawns he will go there to get you.. again there are 2 ways you can do it.. if it is a big server full of ppl just move on.. forget that guy there are enough ppl for you to kill and to run from.. but if it is a small server.. then a good tactic is to find another spot, but, from where you can cover the old one.. because, since ppl tend to return to the "scene of the crime".. to se if they can find you.. you just wait a few seconds.. and there is another victim for you.. but as soon as you kill him.. move.. and cover the last spot.. and you can do this for ever..

Help me help you.

for you to make kills, it helps to have a team that puts up a fight. And for this to happen a team must be well balanced..

what's the point of have 8 soldiers if no medic to heal.. or having 8 medics.. and no ammo.. etc..

So when you are playing keep in mind the overall tactics.. and react according to it..

may time I seem medics complaining about getting spawn raped.. when 2 or 3 air strikes could keep the enemy lines back.. but non of them goes field-ops.. so.. DON'T LIMIT YOURSELF.. check what your team needs at that moment and do it.. help the team.. and you will see your side progress.. allowing you to make more kills.. and kills can be done with any class..

Shoot, Move, Cover, Reload.

LEARN HOW TO MOVE IN THE BATTLEFIELD, and progress in the terrain.. you probably have already seen many of those scenes in Hollywood movies.. even if much is fake.. there are some real thing to it.. so you don't need a field training.. you just have to pay attention..

This may be a game but, the rules still apply.. you can google a bit.. but here are some bullet points

-Always watch you back - keep you back to a wall.. if you cant.. make a 360 from time to time..

-Only stand still if you have cover - a moving target is harder then a sitting one..

-If you are not shooting you should be reloading - if you are not reloading you should be shooting

-Don't cover ground that is already covered- If someone is already pointing there, you should point somewhere else

-Keep a someone by you side - two have a better chance then one

-Give room to maneuver- never stand too close.. you don't want one grenade to make two kills, instead of one

there is many more that can be said.. but the point is even if this is a game.. in warfare (game or not) those rules are common sense..

and will help you a lot.

Offense wins the game, but defense wins the championship

Never dismiss defense.. doesn't matter if you are the attacking of defending team.. always keep an eye on the objective behind you..

Always have a backup plan.. and always be prepared to fall back..

Because PLAYING SMART wins more games then playing good.. a simple example is this..

many times I see ppl on the defending team pushing forward trying to spawn rape the other team..

this mean that when you kill a guy.. 10 seconds later you have to kill him again..

but if you hold you line farther back.. and he has to spend 10 seconds to get to you.. means you only have to kill him once every 20 seconds.. making him waist time to get to you.. only to get killed..

of course you shouldn't defend on top of the objective.. but the further you go the less it serves you.. so be smart about how you play

And I guess that is it.. for now.. don't know if any of this made sense to you, or if they will help..

but I wast just trying to make you realize that to be a good player there is much more that just good aiming and good luck..

and if you sum it up.. it wont even make half of it.. because the reason why good players are good.. is there attitude in the game..

they think like warriors, hunter and soldiers...

anything other than that and..

YOU ARE THE VICTIM

Edited by Fearless Staff
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Nice effort towards it, but u should be playing more ETpro, to accurately write some stuffs, since part of the text is in someway off, tho i do not know as to what mod your text is pointed to, if its considering pubs and such, u can pretty much forget about the teamplay, since noone really gives a damn about it, ppl come there to play individual, and one out of 15 ppl will actually bother to do some team objective, u have ppl who play engis, ppl who play fops, ppl who play medics, but that's not because the team needs that, that's beacuse they enjoy playing these classes regardless of team needs.

many times I see ppl on the defending team pushing forward trying to spawn rape the other team..
this mean that when you kill a guy.. 10 seconds later you have to kill him again..
but if you hold you line farther back.. and he has to spend 10 seconds to get to you.. means you only have to kill him once every 20 seconds.. making him waist time to get to you.. only to get killed..
of course you shouldn't defend on top of the objective.. but the further you go the less it serves you.. so be smart about how you play

This again, depends on what mod its pointed, if its pub, then well, thats how ppl play, majority does not know how to camp/push/play properly as they never experienced that, but if that quote is meant for ETpro, then that's a casual play style of every better player there, since 10 seconds before your own spawn (axis/Defending side) you push out to kill spawning allies and then prepare defensive line again after you spawn, ability to push out and either get them killed,low,waste ammo is giving u a big advantage to defend it next spawn as u already have an edge on that, reason every decent etpro player will push out in scrims 10-15 sec before his own spawn and with that make it easier for defending team to set up new line of defence for another spawn.

Could probably point out some more stuffs, but i will let it be at this, since u seem to put a lot of effort into it, tho, try to play some ETpro or watch some of the games there, to get a bit more input from actual skilled players in terms of gamesense.

• Like 1

Aniky you don't seem to get the point. ETpro is a lot of fun, but the majority of your clan have never played a decent match.
This guy has some tips for players wandering around in your FA Rec servers or whatever, he doesn't need your etpro wisdom.

Few tips from my side:

- use a headset
- find your (personal) sensitivity > you should be able (or practice it) to track players
- try to aim with your movement, not too much with your mouse (in order to do so: pre-aim on spots where enemy will pop up)
- first hit counts, so always try to be the first player to hit. This will make it harder for your opponent to hit you.
- Try to think instead of running around like a headless chicken.
- Try to set a spawntimer on your opponent, it'll give you more knowledge of their movements
- Selfkills can be very tactical

Cheers

not much useful in servers where they respawn every 12 seconds and you play 20vs20

Well it tells me if it's safe to cross spawn or not. Indicates when I can spawnkill with (rifle)nades, when I should set arty.

I'll have to disagree with you

• Clan Friend

Well it tells me if it's safe to cross spawn or not. Indicates when I can spawnkill with (rifle)nades, when I should set arty.

I'll have to disagree with you

I wonder if you read all my (short) post. I said in servers with 12 seconds spawn and a lot of player slots.

In Jaymod servers full of players you will always find people everywhere anytime. Good luck going through axis spawn in goldrush in a Jaymod server with 50 people and supershort respawn times, with all the axis camping everywhere and the allies going sightseeing and camping instead of attacking.

My point was, first you say to Aniky that this is not for etpro, then you mention spawntimes, but in most non-etpro servers spawn times are incredibly short and it sorts of kills that particular aspect of the game in my opinion.

Aniky you don't seem to get the point. ETpro is a lot of fun, but the majority of your clan have never played a decent match.

This guy has some tips for players wandering around in your FA Rec servers or whatever, he doesn't need your etpro wisdom.

Few tips from my side:

- use a headset

- find your (personal) sensitivity > you should be able (or practice it) to track players

- try to aim with your movement, not too much with your mouse (in order to do so: pre-aim on spots where enemy will pop up)

- first hit counts, so always try to be the first player to hit. This will make it harder for your opponent to hit you.

- Try to think instead of running around like a headless chicken.

- Try to set a spawntimer on your opponent, it'll give you more knowledge of their movements

Cheers

I get quite good point of this tutorial and i simply pointed out part of his tutorial, he is mixing PUB and ETPro, same as u are.

try to aim with your movement, not too much with your mouse

U cant really properly track anyone, not even jaymod nubs with movement only, it comes down to your ability of tracking ppl with purely using mouse, movement helps u with not being such an easy target, but it's pretty much down to how good u can track ppl with your mouse to get the kills. Movement gives u same spread if not even higher than a properly controled mouse movement do.

first hit counts, so always try to be the first player to hit. This will make it harder for your opponent to hit you.

Since we're obviously not talking about etpro, that doesn't really matter much at jaymod,silent or whatever mod u pref, since majority of ppl can't even aim properly and even if someone shoots u first u can still win 90% duels easily. The hitboxes are so massive and bugged that it doesn't really apply same case as it does at etpro.

Pointless, short spawntimes pretty much gives no advantage at getting a spawntimer, instead rather have a better positioning and just spawnkill ppl than having a 12-15 seconds spawntimer which wont help u a thing if there's still 10-15 enemies alive and u would probably be more aware towards watching where rest of enemies are than waiting for new ones to spawn. Pubs are so hard to predict where ppl are camping, since they dont have any standard routine of camping spots and u will simply find 3-5 ppl at same spot and then it's just down to how good can u shoot in order to survive.

In what possible way can that be tactical playing 20vs20 apart of making panzer mad when u selfkill infront of his face before he's able to shoot u? Sorry but cant stop laughing at this one.

Next time try to actually read his entire tutorial, then read my post as to what i pointed at. He is mixing a competitive way of playing with a public way of playing and on that my post was based on.

Aniky, thanks for your reply. I should have chose my words differently, my post wasn't meant to attack you, simply meant as an addiction.

I think my points will help players struggling to get kills. I'm active on silent/hardcore, and I'm not playing 20v20

For the aiming part: I've already mentioned tracking. Say whatever you want, problem of most people is: they can't track + they move their mouse way too much. Obviously there's no way to explain how to aim because of all the different situations, but this is just a tip :>

Being the first one to hit: there's no way this isn't right lol. If the other one is a way better aimer you're always going to lose the fight (still you got the first hit, so who knows), however if you're ''even'' aimers you got the advantage.

What you said about spawntimer is absolutely true if you're playing 20v20. On hc/silent teams are quite often 5o5 or maybe 12o12. Don't come telling me this comes in only handy in matches, it's total nonsense. I see fops just blindly using airstrike/arty, my guess is that's because they have no idea when dyna will blow or enemy spawns and rushes out of spawn.

Glad I made you laugh about the selfkill :> However, I don't like waiting 20 seconds before I respawn. If I'm going to lose a fight and my spawntime is reaching 1 I will selfkill.
It also comes in handy taking away panzer kills indeed lol.

I get both your points though, just playing a bit smaller teams at silent/hc is totally different from jaymod with those 20+ players per team. Smaller teams is making teamplay & therefore tactics more likely, and that's what I like about ET.