What is your Christmas or Thanksgiving tradition ?

Ol Smoke

My wife and I started this after the movie first came out and have continued with it.

When the weather is right, and the spirit is right and the night is right:

We watch  "Prancer" together.  She makes cookies and hot chocolate.  I buy this

popcorn stuff with praline sauce on it and pecans.   num num num

• Like 1

Ohh, that sounds so nice! 

I'm from The Netherlands, I think most of us don't really celebrate Thanksgiving. 

With Christmas our family is together and we have a family dinner and we have a very good time. I really like this, because I don't see my father's part of the family very often and it's good to see them with Christmas. 
And oh! With Christmas there's always Home Alone on TV, I can't get bored watching them every year! 

• Like 1

Thanksgiving is usually a huge family feast. Stay in eat food, sleep afterwards. Xmas usually get up early to open site and spend time with the immediate family. Have breakfast and depending on the year, go visit extended family or start dinner for a few guests. Usually in between I like to play with new "toys" our do the gaming thing.

• Like 1

We have taken our kids since they were very young and volunteered at various places for both Holidays.   The tradition became so important to the kids that on the years that we've traveled to see family in other parts of the country during the holidays - they sought out and found places to volunteer in those areas.  

• Like 2

My family's christmas tradition is we build fake christmas tree (my mom is allergic to real one) 23th december evening and decorate it in the next morning, we go to christmas morning sauna. Around midday we eat rice porridge with 1 almond in it and who ever gets it gets to wish something. Later in the evening we pick up my grandmom and go visit granddad's grave. After we go to my parents house drink and eat and open presents.

On Thanksgiving my family gets together at my aunt's house and we of course eat food, talk, and enjoy each others company. After dessert we play bingo lol it seems like an old people activity but i sorta like it and the winner gets a little prize such as a gift card or something or coloring books for the little ones.

• Like 1

Thanksgiving...turkey. ham on christmas dinner. try to get family together at our house during those times if we can.room for all to sleep.build a bonfire...roast marshmallows or hot dogs on sticks.have a few drinks.enjoy games,conversation and each others company...doesn't always happen...when it does its wonderful..these holidays are a good excuse to have a good time,drink and eat too much : ]

Edited by Raskin

We do a big thanksgiving dinner at our house for about 60-80 people. I have 4 grills and 2 smokers going. I do Turkey's and briskets. I start the brisket the day before. Everyone brings a side dish to share. We top ot off with a big bonfire and the drinking until morning around the fire

• Like 1

We don't do anything special really.

My mom will make a delicious turkey along with tons of side dishes and of course cheescake and pies. We don't eat at a table together, everyone just comes and takes what they want to eat. We have some relatives over and we talk, have fun and listen to music. Pretty satisfying thanksgiving to be honest.