Weapons For Self Defense!...

kandya

just a word of advice, never carry a weapon with you unless you're absolutely ready to use it at the drop of a hat. I know people that carry knives but if they actually had to stab another human being probably would hesitate, which in an attack situation is all the time you need to die or have your weapon knocked away.

Pepper spray is a great idea, or a taser, just be sure whatever you get you're comfortable using, and mentally prepared to use to harm another human being.

:) I'm not usually this serious sounding, but it's just my two cents. :P

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad bought my sister and I some bear mace for when we ride the public buses. His condition was that we had to get sprayed before we could carry it. Worst thing ever. I would rather be stabbed or shot. Nothing can compare to the feeling of your eyes melting, your face turning to plastic, and water making it all worse.

I also own a glock .40, and my dad owns a few pistols, a springfield xdm .40, a glock 9mm, and a .22. We go shooting once a month as a family too.

No thanks, all kind of guns shud be banned rofl

and rofl at america 1 of the 100 people is in jail LOL and they call it the country of freedom lmao

Well we have more freedom than most other places lol. Maybe we are not as free as Europeans, but we have it better than 90% of the world. But we can still do almost anything you guys can, and we have a lot of "freedoms" Europeans don't have (the right to remain silent, the right to torture terrorists, the right to have your land stolen by the government so they can build another Wal-Mart, etc). lol I live in a messed up country I know.

We also have more crazy people than anywhere else, and more criminals, and crazy people and criminals dont care if guns are legal or not. So why should only the criminals have access to guns?

An airsoft gun (or ANY air gun) for home defense?

Let's look at a situation :

23 year old male and 19 year old accomplice break into the home with the intent to take what they find. They decide to come armed, "just in case" they need to defend their hard-earned..errr...stolen loot from those pesky home-owners.

The homeowner grabs his trusty airsoft, or red ryder BB gun, or even a modern .177 cal break-barrel air-rifle and runs down-stairs to find out what all the noise is.

He rounds the corner, raises his BB gun, tells them to get out and yells for his wife to call the police.

Perp 1 pulls out his sawed off 12-gauge. The homeowner shoots him in the chest with his BB gun and is himself turned into swiss cheese by the shotgun of perp1.

Upstairs in the 30 seconds that took to transpire, the wife has dialed 911, and talking to the dispatcher. Perp 2 runs upstairs, and dispatches the wife with his 9mm.

Perp 1 finishes his snatch-n-grab and they both run out with 7+ minutes to spare before the first siren is heard.

An airsoft or BB gun will do little to deter anyone who is sufficiently willing to break into a home and do its' occupants harm. Knowing you are in England and the state of the laws there, you would be better served by the most potent pepper spray you can find.

If someone has no regard for your life, your family, your home (you do need to live somewhere other than in a tent in the backyard), then they should be shown no regard and given no quarter.

Well we have more freedom than most other places lol. Maybe we are not as free as Europeans, but we have it better than 90% of the world. But we can still do almost anything you guys can, and we have a lot of "freedoms" Europeans don't have (the right to remain silent, the right to torture terrorists, the right to have your land stolen by the government so they can build another Wal-Mart, etc). lol I live in a messed up country I know.

We also have more crazy people than anywhere else, and more criminals, and crazy people and criminals dont care if guns are legal or not. So why should only the criminals have access to guns?

Heh, I dunno...Sao Paolo is the Kidnap capital of the world, literally. My best friends wife is from there and the stories she tells are insane. It's so common, they treat it like going to the library or out to dinner, its a given.

Just south of the border in sevreal mexican towns is now the murder capital of the world. Full on war with the police and severed heads left on courthouse steps.

You are right though about criminals; They have no intent or motivation to follow law, why should everyone else be rendered defenseless.

An airsoft gun (or ANY air gun) for home defense?

Let's look at a situation :

23 year old male and 19 year old accomplice break into the home with the intent to take what they find. They decide to come armed, "just in case" they need to defend their hard-earned..errr...stolen loot from those pesky home-owners.

The homeowner grabs his trusty airsoft, or red ryder BB gun, or even a modern .177 cal break-barrel air-rifle and runs down-stairs to find out what all the noise is.

He rounds the corner, raises his BB gun, tells them to get out and yells for his wife to call the police.

Perp 1 pulls out his sawed off 12-gauge. The homeowner shoots him in the chest with his BB gun and is himself turned into swiss cheese by the shotgun of perp1.

Upstairs in the 30 seconds that took to transpire, the wife has dialed 911, and talking to the dispatcher. Perp 2 runs upstairs, and dispatches the wife with his 9mm.

Perp 1 finishes his snatch-n-grab and they both run out with 7+ minutes to spare before the first siren is heard.

An airsoft or BB gun will do little to deter anyone who is sufficiently willing to break into a home and do its' occupants harm. Knowing you are in England and the state of the laws there, you would be better served by the most potent pepper spray you can find.

If someone has no regard for your life, your family, your home (you do need to live somewhere other than in a tent in the backyard), then they should be shown no regard and given no quarter.

That's why you should keep a larger weapon at home. Shotgun/rifle/smg will do. Just do the paperwork, and keep it locked up so your kids can't play with it. Of course this makes it hard to get to if your house gets invaded at 3AM.

Best defense for home is actually a dog lol.

Oh i completely agree Phantasm, I myself have....quite a few weapons of many varieties; been collecting them since 92.

The wife knows how to field-strip, maintain, and of course fire them all.

Next thing on the list is one of the Delta 10mm's, cept I don't want to pay the $1k for it....Which is a little hypocritical of me since I paid $1300 for my Deagle hehehe. My justification of course was that the mark19 allows you to change calibers :)

just a word of advice, never carry a weapon with you unless you're absolutely ready to use it at the drop of a hat. I know people that carry knives but if they actually had to stab another human being probably would hesitate, which in an attack situation is all the time you need to die or have your weapon knocked away.

Pepper spray is a great idea, or a taser, just be sure whatever you get you're comfortable using, and mentally prepared to use to harm another human being.

â€Pepper spray is a great idea, or a taser†...been there done that!...â€never carry a weapon with you unless you're absolutely ready to use it†i may be young but not stupid! ...i will make sure to have some work out before actually using it!... :P â€if they actually had to stab another human being probably would hesitateâ€-trust me knowing that i have to chose btw my life and his (just an example)i will sure not hesitate!...but thx ZO!

My dad bought my sister and I some bear mace for when we ride the public buses. His condition was that we had to get sprayed before we could carry it. Worst thing ever. I would rather be stabbed or shot. Nothing can compare to the feeling of your eyes melting, your face turning to plastic, and water making it all worse.

I also own a glock .40, and my dad owns a few pistols, a springfield xdm .40, a glock 9mm, and a .22. We go shooting once a month as a family too.

Could ur parents adopt me?:P Thx Ve!

if you want a gun for protection you might as well get a real one

Thinking about it!.. Thx aa!

That's why you should keep a larger weapon at home. Shotgun/rifle/smg will do. Just do the paperwork, and keep it locked up so your kids can't play with it. Of course this makes it hard to get to if your house gets invaded at 3AM.

Best defense for home is actually a dog lol.

Good point ...but i dont want my dog to pay for my own stupidity (in case of an emergency) ...but thx again PM!

[quote name=Josh/Faded :)' date='21 March 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1269188758' post='70435]

gun.gif

Mine.

Not only one too :)

lol you live in Detroit, you need a couple guns laying around the house.

So how did you get tasered three times by the police? Tell us the whole story(s) lol.

Tazers? Airsoft guns? F*** that weak shit. What you need is a MOTHERF***ING FLAMETHROWER

flamethrower.jpg

Someone tries to mug you? KILL IT WITH FIRE

I seriously laughed SO hard at that, dunno why... xD

Really couldn't agree more with this. In my opinion carrying any firearm is a very bad idea unless you are REALLY comfortable with the weapon in question... That is my opinion no matter in how bad a neighborhood you live, chances are that if you are in a situation where you couldn't do with less than a firearm the one attacking you won't care wether he harms or maybe even kills you or not, while you most likely would hesitate at least a little to even harm the guy, and that hesitation could easily end with the attacker having your gun or firing his / hers at you first. So really as the good Sir zomgroflman pointed out, if you aren't ready to seriously harm another person in the blink of an eye, for heavens sake don't carry a gun! I really would recommend 5% or stronger OC gas (if anyone doubts how powerful that stuff is, try it), it's insanely quick and easy to use and VERY effective! Plus I promise you won't hesitate much to use that since it's just a "little cloud of gas", assuming of course you get the stuff that comes out of the can like a sort of mist/cloud (forgive me I only really know the proper terms in Finnish and Swedish..). It's I'd say 99.9% non-lethal, some people are allergic to it, but at least they'll make friends with the EpiPen when the ambulance arrives, but it will give you time to escape from pretty much anyone, or stay there and call the police and laugh at the guy for being stupid enough to try and rob you! As Valkyrie also said, it really is awful to get sprayed with it, you can't describe it and you can't imagine how it feels until you've tried it yourself.

A taser ain't too bad an idea either, but they MIGHT not work if the target gets too close and they sure as heck don't work if the guy's too far away, and with a weapon like the Taser C2 you pretty much have one chance to hit the guy whereas you have maybe even 4 chances with the gas (that's with the size MK-3.5 that I carry at work). A stun gun however is a really bad idea in my opinion since you have to get so close to your target. If he's further away than your arms length it obviously won't work unless you throw the stun gun at him, which probably isn't the best idea... ;D For you I really wouldn't recommend a telescopic baton either, in fact I wouldn't recommend anyone carry that around with them. It's by far the most dangerous of all the weapons I've mentioned here (except for a firearm obviously), especially if the person using it is drunk.

I myself trust my skills in hand to hand combat enough to only have Hatch SGX11 Street Guard cut resistant gloves on when I'm out at night to be able to disarm someone with a knife by grabbing the blade if other techniques to get it fail. Most people that try to rob you aren't that good fighters anyway and there aren't THAT many guns on the streets here so I don't really worry about that, but even so I've still had to run a few times... :(

This is all experience talking so if anyone has any opinions or own experiences with any of the things I've talked about I'd love to hear it, either here or on xfire/msn since this is pretty much the stuff that I work with. :)

But really, for self defense I'd strongly recommend you get some form of OC gas spray! As I said it's easy and fast to use, VERY effective, it's reliable and it's not a big or heavy thing to carry around. Also it is the second to last thing I'd give up if I'd have to give away one thing at a time from the equipment belt I carry, the gun and telescopic baton going long before the gas and the last thing to go would be the latex gloves... To anyone that doesn't know why it will sound strange but it really makes perfect sense... ;D And holy f*ck I just realized what time it is, 0503 and I've written a serious goddamn book on the subject... Medals, hugs and cookies with milk will be awarded for anyone that actually reads all of that... Time to grab a few Zs!

Cheerio folks!

\\TiKe

I seriously laughed SO hard at that, dunno why... xD

Really couldn't agree more with this. In my opinion carrying any firearm is a very bad idea unless you are REALLY comfortable with the weapon in question... That is my opinion no matter in how bad a neighborhood you live, chances are that if you are in a situation where you couldn't do with less than a firearm the one attacking you won't care wether he harms or maybe even kills you or not, while you most likely would hesitate at least a little to even harm the guy, and that hesitation could easily end with the attacker having your gun or firing his / hers at you first. So really as the good Sir zomgroflman pointed out, if you aren't ready to seriously harm another person in the blink of an eye, for heavens sake don't carry a gun! I really would recommend 5% or stronger OC gas (if anyone doubts how powerful that stuff is, try it), it's insanely quick and easy to use and VERY effective! Plus I promise you won't hesitate much to use that since it's just a "little cloud of gas", assuming of course you get the stuff that comes out of the can like a sort of mist/cloud (forgive me I only really know the proper terms in Finnish and Swedish..). It's I'd say 99.9% non-lethal, some people are allergic to it, but at least they'll make friends with the EpiPen when the ambulance arrives, but it will give you time to escape from pretty much anyone, or stay there and call the police and laugh at the guy for being stupid enough to try and rob you! As Valkyrie also said, it really is awful to get sprayed with it, you can't describe it and you can't imagine how it feels until you've tried it yourself.

A taser ain't too bad an idea either, but they MIGHT not work if the target gets too close and they sure as heck don't work if the guy's too far away, and with a weapon like the Taser C2 you pretty much have one chance to hit the guy whereas you have maybe even 4 chances with the gas (that's with the size MK-3.5 that I carry at work). A stun gun however is a really bad idea in my opinion since you have to get so close to your target. If he's further away than your arms length it obviously won't work unless you throw the stun gun at him, which probably isn't the best idea... ;D For you I really wouldn't recommend a telescopic baton either, in fact I wouldn't recommend anyone carry that around with them. It's by far the most dangerous of all the weapons I've mentioned here (except for a firearm obviously), especially if the person using it is drunk.

I myself trust my skills in hand to hand combat enough to only have Hatch SGX11 Street Guard cut resistant gloves on when I'm out at night to be able to disarm someone with a knife by grabbing the blade if other techniques to get it fail. Most people that try to rob you aren't that good fighters anyway and there aren't THAT many guns on the streets here so I don't really worry about that, but even so I've still had to run a few times... :(

This is all experience talking so if anyone has any opinions or own experiences with any of the things I've talked about I'd love to hear it, either here or on xfire/msn since this is pretty much the stuff that I work with. :)

But really, for self defense I'd strongly recommend you get some form of OC gas spray! As I said it's easy and fast to use, VERY effective, it's reliable and it's not a big or heavy thing to carry around. Also it is the second to last thing I'd give up if I'd have to give away one thing at a time from the equipment belt I carry, the gun and telescopic baton going long before the gas and the last thing to go would be the latex gloves... To anyone that doesn't know why it will sound strange but it really makes perfect sense... ;D And holy f*ck I just realized what time it is, 0503 and I've written a serious goddamn book on the subject... Medals, hugs and cookies with milk will be awarded for anyone that actually reads all of that... Time to grab a few Zs!

Cheerio folks!

\\TiKe

LoL!..u talk too much!.... ;) the gas spray will be a good option for me ...thx T!... :D