Lags & Ping & FPS

Puni

Don't Know If you have the F/a Thing it download where you can use a autoexec, Have you tried turning Punkbuster off? I dont think any of the servers run pb so its safe to turn off.

Another thing is if you have a Intel HT processor Id turn HT off in BIOS. I'd Turn off Sync Frames if you have that on and any GL settings off. 

Another thing.... play around with r_primitivies. Don't know what default is but try r_primitivies 2 I think 1 is default

Edited by Agent

Don't Know If you have the F/a Thing it download where you can use a autoexec, Have you tried turning Punkbuster off? I dont think any of the servers run pb so its safe to turn off.

Use \pb_sleep 500 + \pb_writecfg is enough.

Another thing is if you have a Intel HT processor Id turn HT off in BIOS. I'd Turn off Sync Frames if you have that on and any GL settings off. 

I don't think this feature is present in the lower versions at i7 in Intel products.. Anyway, HT (hyperthreading) is ON on my i7\in my bios, and never caused any issue in my case. However, HT is also present on Nvidia graphic cards which, with Vsync, I turn OFF on mine, and improves my gaming experience.

Another thing.... play around with r_primitivies. Don't know what default is but try r_primitivies 2 I think 1 is default

0=auto=default setting

2 fixes some issues for old or amd graphic cards

Edited by Ann!b@l

open console and type /exec bone to execute a barebone config and get high fps, after that you can turn up things like mipmaps and subdivisions as you go until you get lags again..

I once had low graphics perfomance, and it was because of the battery laptop was damaged (I don't know how it affects).

For the lag, you can try a download or ping test, on other computer if you can.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have other computers connected to a the router besides your own

Are you connected  wireless or wired?

check whats running on your computer in task manager 

yea I had ping problem when alot of devices were connected to my wireless router. I was also connected while others were wirelessly connected like xbox, phones etc

its probably related to bandwith but i'm not really sure...

Have either Annibal or I told you to run the OpenGL extensions Viewer? You can download it here: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/

Open that up, and choose "Rendering Tests" on the left Vista-like sidebar. Choose your video card (usually the second choice)- not Forward Context or the Generic GDI tests.

A new window will pop up allowing you to choose which tests to run... Just click on the little play button. Afterwards, your average FPS will be displayed for each version of OpenGL, like so:

post-9897-0-33016500-1424603287_thumb.jpg

They should be in the hundred's of FPS... if not, then we found your problem, and it would be your graphics card. If we've already run this, sorry... I'm super out of it at the moment.

Edited by Xernicus