Lags & Ping & FPS

Puni

Do you have SpeedStep turned off in your BIOS?

I get the feeling that your problem is processor related, so I'd recommend downloading and running this: http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm

I've downloaded it, but i cant found how to run it.. will you help me ?

Okay... thanks.  I'll give that a try next time the issue pops up.

Two more quick questions: (and pardon me if this is a noob thing... since I'm 62 and am still learning how computers operate)

1: Can I run a report for 100 packets, copy the results etc... and then immediately run a report for 500 packets etc. or do I have to go through the whole process of opening the saved winMTR file again?

2: Is this a complete diagnostic on my computer? Will this test isolate the problem/problems or just give you a better idea what it might be? cp, router, malware, my network server etc.?

Sorry if I will be hear as rude, but couldn't you open new topic ?

lol.. every time I get notfication about this topic I think someone gave me a solution, but figure someone else is asking questions on my topic.

And sorry for ignoring you'r questions, I just dont know the anwesers.

Puni.

• Like 1

I submitted a tutorial on how to use the program, I believe it is still awaiting approval. That way anybody can check it out and not have to hunt down a thread.

Ohh, then I really need my new pc :P

lol.. I know you're afraid, but once again, do a backup of your datas and finally upgrade your OS Puniiii! For a Win7 64b for example!! I keep telling you this since at least 1 year!  :D

• 1 month later...

Giving this a little bump presuming (but hoping not) that your problem is still occurring.

I wanted to post the steps on how to use the Intel Processor Diagnostic in the tutorial section so that anyone in the future can have easy access to it if they need help.
So here's the complete breakdown on how to use the program: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/68039-computer-diagnostics-with-intel-processor-diagnostic-tool/

• Leader

a drop of fps can be a few things. if no settings in game helped so far, i would suggest you look into your processor and/or graphic card. update drivers may help. also overheating can cause those problems to. do you ear a weird fan noise? anyway clean your pc, remove the dust, clean your fans then check for overheating. i had a similar problem a few years back, a clean up and a new fan for my graphic card solved my problem.

hope this helps

Edited by rambozo37