Puni

Lags & Ping & FPS

Question

Hey guys.

well many of you may already know my problem, but I need help with it..

My ping should be 74 and it's unstable - going to 105 or 125 many times, or stays at 94..

My fps are never stays on maximum, setted to 90 max but got it only at spawn, whenever I'm out of it it's going down to 70-60-50 and even 25.

And my biggest problem is spikes of lags, dont know why is it.. got here two Screens of MTR, one while I'm playing ET and the other (with more packets sent) while nothing exept chrome is running.

Thanks guys.

Puni.

post-12296-0-46580400-1416861879_thumb.jpg

post-12296-0-44060700-1416861880_thumb.jpg

43 answers to this question

Okay... thanks.  I'll give that a try next time the issue pops up.

Two more quick questions: (and pardon me if this is a noob thing... since I'm 62 and am still learning how computers operate)

1: Can I run a report for 100 packets, copy the results etc... and then immediately run a report for 500 packets etc. or do I have to go through the whole process of opening the saved winMTR file again?

2: Is this a complete diagnostic on my computer? Will this test isolate the problem/problems or just give you a better idea what it might be? cp, router, malware, my network server etc.?

Sorry if I will be hear as rude, but couldn't you open new topic ?

lol.. every time I get notfication about this topic I think someone gave me a solution, but figure someone else is asking questions on my topic.

And sorry for ignoring you'r questions, I just dont know the anwesers.

Puni.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to solve my problems ?

Have you tried to unplug your modem for 5 minutes then plug it back in?

Yes I did, alot of times.

Does not help even a little :/

I submitted a tutorial on how to use the program, I believe it is still awaiting approval. That way anybody can check it out and not have to hunt down a thread.

What means the dark green here ? 

Worst the regular green spikes ?

post-12296-0-90698300-1418309677_thumb.jpg

it's not dark, but green missing.. So, probably an interruption\a fall of your bandwidth. It's related to your connection or your hardware.

Ohh, then I really need my new pc :P

Ohh, then I really need my new pc :P

lol.. I know you're afraid, but once again, do a backup of your datas and finally upgrade your OS Puniiii! For a Win7 64b for example!! I keep telling you this since at least 1 year!  :D

I've did the backup, but still afraid :P

What Operating System are you currently running, Puni?

Giving this a little bump presuming (but hoping not) that your problem is still occurring.

I wanted to post the steps on how to use the Intel Processor Diagnostic in the tutorial section so that anyone in the future can have easy access to it if they need help.
So here's the complete breakdown on how to use the program: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/68039-computer-diagnostics-with-intel-processor-diagnostic-tool/

a drop of fps can be a few things. if no settings in game helped so far, i would suggest you look into your processor and/or graphic card. update drivers may help. also overheating can cause those problems to. do you ear a weird fan noise? anyway clean your pc, remove the dust, clean your fans then check for overheating. i had a similar problem a few years back, a clean up and a new fan for my graphic card solved my problem.

hope this helps

Edited by rambozo37

Don't Know If you have the F/a Thing it download where you can use a autoexec, Have you tried turning Punkbuster off? I dont think any of the servers run pb so its safe to turn off.

Another thing is if you have a Intel HT processor Id turn HT off in BIOS. I'd Turn off Sync Frames if you have that on and any GL settings off. 

Another thing.... play around with r_primitivies. Don't know what default is but try r_primitivies 2 I think 1 is default

Edited by Agent