Heavy Weapons Restrictions

IronFeliks

For those of you who've noticed, I like the heavy weapons.  My all-time favorite is the noobtoob, I get a real thrill picking off snipers with a panzer rocket!  :crazy 

I've noticed two issues over the last year or so on jay 2 and nq3.  Both inconsistent and only occasional but still an issue.  The first is the "falling weapon".  This hasn't happened in a while but it has happened to me on both above mentioned servers.  It goes like this:  I'm happily blowing up groups of enemies, maybe leaping out from my cover, weapon ready to fire when out of nowhere... my panzer falls to the ground and I see a brief message on the screen that says something like "weapons restriction....".   I check the roster and notice one of the bots now has my precious.  Sometimes I can recover it in limbo, sometimes not.

The other issue is also inconsistent but happens often enough to make me curious.  I'll log onto one of my two favorite servers and notice no Soldier Class players but when I go to choose one of my two fav's (flame or panz) they are both unavailable. 

Are there server settings or business rules that govern the use of heavy weapons? (other than the few I already know about, like: Only 1 type in theater use at any given time).

Is this a glitch or an intentional rule?

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Good to know.  Has anyone else had the experience of no bots (or humans) as Soldiers yet both Panzer and Flame restricted?

me i told DD(daredevil) about it and he told he shall fix that no BOT shld be in soldeir class..

• Like 2

me i told DD(daredevil) about it and he told he shall fix that no BOT shld be in soldeir class..

Its just in the omnibot settings of Server not really a hard work (i think so)

Ive seen this happen with bots on the servers that don't have that many players, so when i can i simply put bot is "s".

The other day i jumped on one of the many F|A servers and noticed team was way off-balance and players couldn't join ( i think it was axis team ), so i typed "Please balance teams" and then someone replied, we cant cause of bots. Sure i enough i tried to join the team but couldn't cause of the bots. Its then i moved the bots to spec mode then players balanced themselves automatically ( that was very cool ) waited for a few minuted then replaced bots into the respective teams. 

The point of the story is that, simply cycle through F|A servers and take a minute or two just to check on the players and team balance, that simple thing you as an admin do for 1 minute per server creates a fun experience for other random and regular players and eventually populates the server(s) 

My two cents worth of thought....

• Like 1

This.

not really a hard work (i think so)

Nothing's hard when you have too much time :)

@h3ll, cycling through unmanaged servers is one of the best things you can do. One other hint: you can just put the bots to the opposing team as well, then they don't have to be in spec where they don't feel at home :)

• Like 2