Ol Smoke

I need help with posting music videos

Every time I try to put a music video on here from Youtube it only shows the link.  I cannot figure out how to put the image

on the thread of the song you want to play.

Can someone give a brother a hand?

I copypaste the link and post it, then it automatically turns into the video... I don't know any other ways to do it... Do you also only copypaste the link?

• Like 2

Another way would be to do:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?id[/media]

I have done that three times and all it shows is the link text.  No image  I am using FIrefox

Might be a problem with the link then? If I remember rightly it doesn't work with their short URL, you know the one you get from the "Share" thing just below the video.

The key is removing anything except the video ID... ie youtube.com/watch.
youtube(dot)com/watch?v=H9sbA2gnWHI&feature=player_embedded is your original posted link. Remove the & and anything past it... and you get:

• Like 1

Or the easiest way is to right click on the video and then press "Get video URL" and copy the link. Im not sure if that's possible on Firefox but at least it does on Chrome.

• Like 3

Don't click on the 'share' button on youtube. Copy the link from the address bar at the top of the screen.

if posting won't work, you can use the media tags.

You can also use the special bbc code button. Above the U (for underline), in the full post editor,  is the special bbc code button. Click it, select media from the dropdown menu, and then paste the youtube link in the media url spot. No need to put in dimensions.

This should all work, as I use both FF and chrome, myself.

Edited by SiD
  • Like 1

Copy the url then when pasting in the forums right click and then paste as plain txt.  

• Like 1

In some version of firefox it used to be broken something to do with html5 videos but it should be fixed in latest versions of firefox.

I had this problem when i used to use firefox but coz it still crashes on youtube/flash problems I decided to change to opera. But if you wanna stick to mozilla just make sure its updated :)

what browser are you using?

None of those would work. You'd have to do this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=NK1KDJSVj7Q[/media]