Smart Phone Noob needs serious help....

soulJAHmon

Ok, My dad gave me this smart phone, and im struggling to figure it out. Its an LG Vortex, must be a few years old. Here's the owners manual. My main problem is this: The phone is telling me its low on space, it HAD a 2gb mini-SD in it. I bought an 8GB SD and put it in, but it still says its low on space.....WTF.

So, I got to manage applications, and want to move a bunch from onbaord memory to sd memory, but only one or two apps had the "move to SD" button active.........

For those of you that know what Im going through personally, let me tell you, this is more serious than an average problem, because I had been trying to save all the texts between myself and my X, because of the impending divorce and when i pulled out the 2gb card, i didn't know about "un-docking" it, and all the texts were lost, i think.

Also, I simply want to add a couple apps, and of course, I cannot right now due to the space problem.

Please help teach an old dog some new tricks......

Vortex owner's manual.pdf

There are 2 types of Memory: Internal and External, try to move your apps from Memory Internal to SDCard (External), most of them can't be moved, but try it and what android version is using your phone?

Your texts should not have been lost when doing anything with the SD card, they're stored on internal storage.

If your smsmms.db file didn't get messed around with, this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore) can probably view it.

Worse case scenario, if you need texts as evidence of something, you can call the phone company and have them print out hard copy records.

It is android version 2.2.2 SAo you think even though i didn't "un-dock" the texts are in there somewhere? Is it possible to simply put the old 2gb sd card into my card reader and copy the texts as simple files and save them like any other text file?