beginners tips

cpt. crayola

• 2 weeks later...
I play at 13.2 on mouse sensitivity. How can you even look around the screen with 1.something?

lol anything above 2 and my mouse goes all over the place - impossible to keep my aim straight. I play at 1.45 usally. Below and its too stiff

Maybe change your Field Of View, this helped me in the beginning because it seemed easier for me to score headshots like that. (Do this by opening your console [key beneath the escape button] and type /cg_fov 120) --> you can type any number up to 120 for your fov, just experiment with it and look what is best for you.

What do you mean? Like your Characters view?

No, FOV is the size of your characters HUD. A higher FOV means a smaller gun, but it is less magnified.

Be sure to keep the vlaue between 90 and 120 or else PB will kick you.

The Medic is the more powerful Class in ET, but it is also the weakest. This all depends solely on the player.

Discussing mouse sensitivity is useless, everyone's computer hardware is different.

Opening door's silently can also be achieved while walking.

DPI = dots-per-inch

something like ( but different from ) the sensitivity of your mouse. high DPI = your cursor moves alot for a small movement of the mouse.

what your sensitivity should be depends on your mouse, your screen resolution, your fov ( field-of-view angle ), your mouse's DPI and refresh rate, your monitor's refresh rate, windows acceleration and smoothing, what kind of mousepad you have, how long your arms are and what angle they make with your desk etc etc etc

there is no way to compare your sensitivity. just experiment with it.. i wrote a post somewhere on forum about how to tweak it. i use 0.78 to 2.4 depending on mod which has nothing to do with anyone else's -- for me 2 is very sensitive. for others 8 is too slow. w/e.

link to sensitivity thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=280&p=2209#p2209

MEDIC is a crutch class. play it if your team really needs someone to heal players or if you are too bad at shooting to kill anyone without having a hp advantage. otherwise you will not really improve as a shooter by playing medic. if you want to improve your game play engineer ALL THE TIME. then you will have a target on your head that says "SHOOT ME I AM THE ONLY ONE GOING FOR THE OBJECTIVE" so you will always be gettign shot by 3-4 ppl at once, most of them medics. now in that situation you will become a better player because everyone is out to get you and everyone else has 65 more hp than you --- you will either learn to be a better player or you will just die all the time. if you play medic all the time you won't improve, you will still suck but you won't die so there is no good reason for you to try to play better. you just learn to run away and hide and heal yourself -- not really learning to be good in my opinion. so stay away from medic; it might be easier but in the end it is cheap, like using a panzer, and won't teach you as much as being the underdog.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention that people like ya better when you're playing engy, and it's an accomplishment to kill a rambo medic who has 65 hp more than you. Nevertheless, I still play medic about 30% of the time... :?

:P

Start as Engineer is the best begin in my personal experience

Engineer start with 60 bullets and then 90 when reached level 1 light weapons improved use of light weapon ammunition when you re spawn, your ammo load-out will include one extra clip of ammunition

Also for engineer

Engineering Level 4: Issued Flak Jacket

Only the most expert Engineers who have proved their ability to survive on the battlefield are issued with these expensive Flak Jackets which provides the player with 50% damage deflection from explosive weapons.

A nice mouse and believe me high Dpi is just useless for FPS and regular monitor (between 17" & 22") 2000 Dpi no need for more to play Enemy territory and the best mouse after testing all kinds of mouse i can tell now only 2 are the best for ET logitech MX518 or G5

For headshots you need to practice a nice game and Reflex is the best one for this exercise you can download it from one of this mirrors Reflex

increase your USB polling frequency Windows xp or vista default of 125hz to 500hz or 1000hz making your mouse much more responsive in gaming if you use G5 no need to modify anything cos after installing Logitech SetPoint you can do that so easy.

use a nice mouse pad and the best in my opinion is QPad pads, I'm using Qpad XT-R really great that was a present from a friend :P

And here you go a video explain some stuff above it's in French but i put some subtitles in English aiming by Ganon

About sensitivity watch the video lesson 6 to find your best sensitivity

Use a nice script to help change sensitivity and lot of things or bind key ;)