Minecraft Abandoned minecraft server

supersnipergirl

Just wanna say that I second almost all of you. Survival :) Not creative!

Maybe a claim-plugin or any other kind of grief-prevention would be nice, but nothing more. I would love playing that way. Really. I'd love to. Remember the "underground house" I made? If i'd done that in creative, it would have been no fun to me. It's all about the rewarding feeling of doing some hard work and ending up with a beautiful base/house/whatever.

I was working on my 128 item automated sorting system in the FA survival server before I decided to just go play somewhere else for a while because I got fed up with people only playing in creative. My sorting system is far from done and maybe i'll never finish it, but I feel that is has no value for me or other players if anyone can just spawn anything in they want to.

My first time visiting your server started out nice. I was visiting GhostTech's lighthouse and started building my first base when I suddenly found myself surrounded by three guys spawning animals, blocks, food, flowers and more around me. It even went as far as one of those guys blowing a hole in my house and destroying the animal pens I was making. I don't give up that easily, but if I were FA I would seriously rethink if this is what new people on your servers would like to see. I am only now making a point out of this because I feel it will (should) contribute to this conversation. If you guys are looking to change things for the better, I think situations like the one I just described should be avoided at al cost.

So, whats happening? Perhaps anyone could set up a poll so people can vote? I'm looking forward to having some survival play with you guys.

Cheers!

I'm just saying if you make it purely survival you might lose over half of your FA members is all. Most of us were playing on creative and using it as like a stress detox and occasionally playing survival for something different once in a while. I'm not necessarily against it just warning you of some possible results. I mean there are tons of servers I could easily play on a creative server or play single player I assume.

• Like 1

You can easily make one dedicated world for creative, and one dedicated world for survival. That's easy enough with either Multiverse or Multiworld. Both plugins make having more than one world super easy. Then you can make separate permissions in each world, using GroupManager. More specifically, creative permissions for creative world, etc. Then, if you were to use Multiverse, you can use one of the multiverse features to make the inventories separate as well, to prevent any cheating (Filling inv with diamond in creative, porting back to survival)

That's the thing about Minecraft multiplayer.. If you can think of it when it comes to multiplayer, it has been done, and can be done again, thanks to plugins. However you have to account for the time it takes to configure these plugins. Especially if you're not familiar with that specific plugin. It all takes time. And frankly, if Joe is the only one putting time into configing, it's going to take a lot of time. Not an insult towards Joe, just seeing the reality of it. Unfamiliar plugins = lots of annoying configing 

Edited by Daliger
  • Like 2

I don't think we need to change a thing. Planning for the update wouldn't hurt. I don't believe admins having creative power is making all the people run away from the server. Minecraft is huge. It's hard to tell just how many servers are out there so I would imagine it's hard to have efficient promotion for our own server. Yesterday there were two other players in there with me. Not much, but not abandoned.

I'm new to our Minecraft server and minecraft admin powers/commands in general. But I don't think that's what's causing exodus. I prefer survival in almost all circumstances but having the "perks" will draw more willing admins. And that's what keeps the servers fun and keeps the people that frequent them feeling secure with their work.

• Like 1

I agree with Death on this. If someone wants survival, theres no stopping them, weather or not some admin has a pimp-ass pad or not. One of the most enjoyable things in minecraft for me is being able to build an incredible home, and still being able to strip down and go mining with nothing but a smile when ever i wish too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would love to start to play on the =F|A= server with others, but is it possible to play on it from a cracked minecraft launcher? If not never mind..I'm still arguing with myself whether I should or shouldn't buy it as I barely play atm as I have nobody to play with.

is it possible to play on it from a cracked minecraft launcher?

Short answer; No.

Longer answer; We don't have any servers that support people using cracked/hacked games. We're a firm believer in the idea that if something is worth playing then it's worth buying, and why would we have servers in games that weren't worth playing? There's also the fact that having cracked servers knocks a large hole in the security of our servers, as anyone can join and getting rid of hackers becomes something that's beyond a pain the posterior.

• Like 3

Short answer; No.

Longer answer; We don't have any servers that support people using cracked/hacked games. We're a firm believer in the idea that if something is worth playing then it's worth buying, and why would we have servers in games that weren't worth playing? There's also the fact that having cracked servers knocks a large hole in the security of our servers, as anyone can join and getting rid of hackers becomes something that's beyond a pain the posterior.

Ah yes of course, but wouldn't you want to try out a game first before spending money on it? :) And yes I know it does knock a large hole in the security... Anyhow, if the server would get active again, as in, more than 1 player at the max per week, I would certainly buy the game and join you guys. :D

Ah yes of course, but wouldn't you want to try out a game first before spending money on it? :) And yes I know it does knock a large hole in the security... Anyhow, if the server would get active again, as in, more than 1 player at the max per week, I would certainly buy the game and join you guys. :D

Considering the sheer amount of "Let's Play"ers and reviewers on Youtube, no. Not really. Any games they don't cover are probably cheap enough to risk being bitten. It's just about doing your research before buying.

Yeah, server activity on Minecraft is ... well, let's say "struggling" is putting it mildly. However I also know we have some dedicated members, and community regulars, that do spend a fair bit of time on the server.

Edited by Heretic121
"about" != "amount" *facepalm*
  • Like 1